Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Playback on Radio 1 is good. FFG do not come across too well when the week on Radio is summarised.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Playback on Radio 1 is good. FFG do not come across too well when the week on Radio is summarised.

Really?

I can honeslty say apart from the odd match on Radio 1 I have never listened to the station.

Really?

I can honeslty say apart from the odd match on Radio 1 I have never listened to the station.

Utterly pointless post so? I hope you aren't going to have another angry day.

Playback is 9am to 10am on Radio 1 on Saturday. It covers all the main stories from the previous week.

Utterly pointless post so? I hope you aren't going to have another angry day.

Playback is 9am to 10am on Radio 1. It covers all the main stories from the previous week.

I asked a question and you have a snotty response, then accuse me of been angry :P look in the mirror mate. Please point to my angry post from yesterday by the way. Thank you.

I just read that McEntee is going to bring golfgate into December. Wow. She won't answer questions until 10pm om Dec 1. Something not right in that appointment story. How are FFG allowing the Clifden Elite party to drag on so long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Really?

RTE Radio 1 is the most listened to radio station across Ireland, chiming in with a "I don't listen to it" response is silly, it's not about "you".

Just looks like you're trying to dismiss the post you quoted because you claim to not listen to it.....
    I just read that McEntee is going to bring golfgate into December. Wow. She won't answer questions until 10pm om Dec 1. Something not right in that appointment story. How are FFG allowing the Clifden Elite party to drag on so long?

I thought she was due to take questions on Tuesday coming?

McMurphy wrote: »
    I thought she was due to take questions on Tuesday coming?

Apologies if I got it wrong and things have changed. I just read this article.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1120/1179475-seamus-woulfe/
    Minister Helen McEntee wrote to all parties and groups early this afternoon proposing to take questions on Tuesday, 1 December at 9.47pm.

Apologies if I got it wrong and things have changed. I just read this article.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1120/1179475-seamus-woulfe/

No need for apologies, maybe it's me that got it wrong, I definitely read somewhere that it was Tuesday afternoon but perhaps that was just a proposal or suggestion from opposition.

I can't see how her advisors (because I don't think she is making decisions off her own bat) think that allowing it to drag on will do any favours.

Surely if there's been no wrongdoing she'd just get out in front and address any questions they have.

RTE Radio 1 is the most listened to radio station across Ireland, chiming in with a "I don't listen to it" response is silly, it's not about "you".

Just looks like you're trying to dismiss the post you quoted because you claim to not listen to it.....

Not blind, but it's difficult to see with your head in the sand I suppose.

Hey Mate, you need to relax with the personal posts. Remember it is ok to disagree with someone without trying to run them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

In my life to be honest,I would be struggling to find anyone who has any interest in or who knows who seamus Wolfe is at this stage
    Usually I'd say remember that golf thing and at that I'd have to explain what I was on about

• Advertisement

Hey Mate, you need to relax with the personal posts. Remember it is ok to disagree with someone without trying to run them down.

They're not "personal" - it just happened to be your posting I was replying to, if you want to dispute RTE radio one isn't the most listened to radio station in the state, or that the link you questioned had no poll figures in it, off you go. You'll be the one looking rather stupid though, you might as well start trying to push the tide back in with a knitting needle tbh.

^^^
    Best to ignore you. Try to remember mate "It's nice to be nice"

^^^
    Best to ignore you. Try to remember mate "It's nice to be nice"

Try to remember this is a public forum, if you post easily disputed nonsense, there's a high chance someone will call that out.

If you aren't comfortable with being called out, don't post the white noise nonsense, not rocket science.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

McMurphy and Solutionking, quit the bickering and get back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's even genuine anti-SF it's more for distraction. If PBP were handing them their arse or calling them out on FG's latest, they'd be on Gino smoking a joint or something.

No doubt about that, but the use of victims to try and defend this government is obscene and unfair. Several posters have no compunction doing it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

A very disappointing outcome for the victims of cervical cancer disaster. Donnelly failed to make the process non adversarial. So much for Leo Varadkar's promise that women wouldn't be dragged through the courts in the pursuit of justice.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40086467.html

smurgen wrote: »
    A very disappointing outcome for the victims of cervical cancer disaster. Donnelly failed to make the process non adversarial. So much for Leo Varadkar's promise that women wouldn't be dragged through the courts in the pursuit of justice.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40086467.html

And the state continues to let down Irish women. Nothing new there.
    Phelan is an Irish heroine and a great leader for that cervical check group.
    Did Holohan have a comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

And the state continues to let down Irish women. Nothing new there.
    Phelan is an Irish heroine and a great leader for that cervical check group.
    Did Holohan have a comment?

Not from what I seen. The last bit of information I could find on Holohan acknowledging the issue at all was the letter he sent to an advocate and victim Lorraine Walshy threatening her over remarks on Twitter.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/explanation-needed-for-appalling-treatment-of-patient-advocate-says-labour-1.3995456

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

McEntee was very poor on the news last night ,trying to move the focus off Woulfe and making out she was being picked on for having no experience, the 3 judges who she made out were less qualified than the never was a judge Woulfe must be rightly p1ssed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

McEnroe was very poor on the news last night ,trying to move the focus off Woulfe and making out she was being picked on for having no experience, the 3 judges who she made out were less qualified than the never was a judge Woulfe must be rightly p1ssed

I don't know why the government persist in this crap of trying to come up with excuses for the minister not to answer questions from the opposition. If she did nothing wrong and can stand over the decision whats the problem. All it is doing is dragging this out, gives the impression that something under hand went on because they won't answer questions or are the government that arrogant that they don't think they answer to anyone. This should be a no brainer for the government

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Floppybits wrote: »
    I don't know why the government persist in this crap of trying to come up with excuses for the minister not to answer questions from the opposition. If she did nothing wrong and can stand over the decision whats the problem. All it is doing is dragging this out, gives the impression that something under hand went on because they won't answer questions or are the government that arrogant that they don't think they answer to anyone. This should be a no brainer for the government

Peter Burke and FG ripped apart on Katie Hannon show today by that constitutional lecturer. In a nutshell it's not a breach of separation of powers for Mc Entee to answer questions, it's actually not the norm for a lone Minister for Justice to make a selection and thirdly it does leave a feeling that some 'stroke' has been pulled.

'Stroke' being my interpretation of her word.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Peter Burke and FG ripped apart on Katie Hannon show today by that constitutional lecturer. In a nutshell it's not a breach of separation of powers for Mc Entee to answer questions, it's actually not the norm for a lone Minister for Justice to make a selection and thirdly it does leave a feeling that some 'stroke' has been pulled.

'Stroke' being my interpretation of her word.

It just doesn't make sense that the Minister and the government are refusing to answer questions on this if there was no stroke pulled. It is either they are just doing it to be petty and arrogant because the opposition had the temerity to ask the Minister to answer questions about the appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Floppybits wrote: »
    It just doesn't make sense that the Minister and the government are refusing to answer questions on this if there was no stroke pulled. It is either they are just doing it to be petty and arrogant because the opposition had the temerity to ask the Minister to answer questions about the appointment.

Has it been confirmed that she is due to speak in the Dail on Tuesday and has brought her scheduled time to speak in the Dail.

I'm not sure, but is there a process for opposition to put questions to a government minister.? If that has passed, are the opposition able to schedule the questions at the next earliest available sitting?

If that is the case, and I don't know if it is, it would be somewhat hypocritical to demand a parliamentary process be disregarded and overlooked, just so the opposition can ask questions on an alleged parliamentary process being disregarded and overlooked.

Has any poster here that maintains that there is an actual breach by Ms McAntee gone through the prescribed process line by line and actually post that here and then give analysis or public facts or corroborated opinions of where the breach was.

I see a lot of clenched fists and harrumphs from the opposition as to the issue but have not seen or heard any outlining hard facts that conflicts or overturns Ms mcentee stated facts.

I have not heard the constitutional lawyer on the journalists show but did he raise any concerns about the timing of the questions lodged? He noted that it's not normal for justice minister to choose lone judge. Did he go further to state whether that was a breach? Not normal does not mean non compliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    In my life to be honest,I would be struggling to find anyone who has any interest in or who knows who seamus Wolfe is at this stage
    Usually I'd say remember that golf thing and at that I'd have to explain what I was on about

It was headlines for weeks up until yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

It was headlines for weeks up until yesterday.
    Hardly,you'd have to be looking for it
    You and I wouldn't really notice how zoned out people are on these things outside of twitter and places like here and opposition parties who are in reality competing with each other at this stage and not the government
    If they're not careful,by the next election, they're all going to build up a reputation for looking for the next scandal that never blooms enough for them instead of nailing the government on bread and butter stuff that matters to people
    Thats my opinion
    It actually annoys me so I'm not going to get into an argument about it
    It is what it is

You and I wouldn't really notice how zoned out people are on these things outside of twitter and places like here and opposition parties who are in reality competing with each other at this stage and not the government
    If they're not careful,by the next election, they're all going to build up a reputation for looking for the next scandal that never blooms enough for them instead of nailing the government on bread and butter stuff that matters to people
    Thats my opinion
    It is what it is

You have to remember how the mind works. All the constant reminders of golfgate act as triggers to reinforce messages or perceptions that you might have formed months before. This can even happen subconsciously whether the person is actively listening/reading the news headlines or not. By the time GE.Next comes along, the opposition will be hitting FFG with accusations of Elite coronaparties, Dodgy judicial appointments, Leaked confidential documents etc etc and those perceptions will come to the fore again whether the voters remember the exact details or not. The damage is already done, time will cloud the details but the perception/optics will remain. The FFG elite party in Clifden will never be forgotten because it has been reinforced for 4 months now. Think FF tent in Galway for an equivalent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Thats my opinion
    It is what it is

It was featured heavily on rte radio 1 with dobson yesterday. Its been in the top few stories in every publication for weeks. If people tuned out, fair enough but its been featured.
    I think it adds to FG's and Varadkars poor reputation. While the details may fade it'll hang over them. FG always had the higher ground next to FF, but Varadkar's tenure has changed that for some years to come id imagine.

You have to remember how the mind works. All the constant reminders of golfgate act as triggers to reinforce messages or perceptions that you might have formed months before. This can even happen subconsciously whether the person is actively listening/reading the news headlines or not. By the time GE.Next comes along, the opposition will be hitting FFG with accusations of Elite coronaparties, Dodgy judicial appointments, Leaked confidential documents etc etc and those perceptions will come to the fore again whether the voters remember the exact details or not. The damage is already done, time will cloud the details but the perception/optics will remain. The FFG elite party in Clifden will never be forgotten because it has been reinforced for 4 months now. Think FF tent in Galway for an equivalent.

And FF/FG/Greens will have a list longer of all the SF stories. :p
    As we got confirmed some people on here dont care what SF do because they won't criticise. Not the case for me. The government have made loads of mistakes but to be honest the opposition are coming right up behind them.

Golfgate will be a joke in two years, lads on the beer, what won't be a joke is the death rate in the North because of SF.
    I know you are a SF supporter so you want to ignore it but unfortuneatly for SF it is the top story at the moment. Every single person is talking about it. A few lads sneaking off for some golf and a few beers! well we all want to do that don't we?

People dying will stay with people a lot longer.

P.S. the tent, :p, same old rubbish from opposition. Why not throw in Denis O'Brien while you are at. Rehash the same story.

The childrens hospital is the current government biggest problem and its a monster

It was featured heavily on rte radio 1 with dobson yesterday. Its been in the top few stories in every publication for weeks. If people tuned out, fair enough but its been featured.
    I think it adds to FG's and Varadkars poor reputation. While the details may fade it'll hang over them. FG always had the higher ground next to FF, but Varadkar's tenure has changed that for some years to come id imagine.

You think that's the main part here. Someone who has clearly shown your opinion is biased. As I posted on Friday Leo is laughing at SF, they haven't got a finger on him and the recent no confidence actually backfired on SF.

In my eyes very poor from the opposition.
    None of the parties are fit for government but if I had to choose the current are doign better than SF would based on the mess they have made of Northern Ireland, not just now with Covid but everything they have done, or not done, since the GFA

• Advertisement

You think that's the main part here. Someone who has clearly shown your opinion is biased. As I posted on Friday Leo is laughing at SF, they haven't got a finger on him and the recent no confidence actually backfired on SF.

In my eyes very poor from the opposition.
    None of the parties are fit for government but if I had to choose the current are doign better than SF would based on the mess they have made of Northern Ireland, not just now with Covid but everything they have done, or not done, since the GFA

Leos laughing at everyone in the country,espaially his cheerleaders...100% in the wrong,handing out confidential info to his mates and walks away without any sanction

Just highlights what a corrupt sh1thole is all ireland is,and the contempt its rulers have the population

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement