Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

jmcc wrote: »
    Martin has always been a closet FGer. He's the typical beta male who always needs a strong alpha. Varadkar seems to be playing that role for him. As for Labour, Pravda/RTE has been working hard to portray little AK47 as the leader of a major political party as if 2016 and 2020 never happened. The best thing for SF and the opposition now is to force FFG to start tearing itself apart.

Regards...jmcc

i was wondering in the run up to the next election will it just be the two biggest parties invited for televised debate? Somehow I think they'll stretch to three this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Bowie wrote: »
    i was wondering in the run up to the next election will it just be the two biggest parties invited for televised debate? Somehow I think they'll stretch to three this time.
    Given the way that Labour was trounced and lost speaking rights, they'll probably try to get Labour in as well. They'll also have to keep Miriam O'Callaghan away from it given that her brother might be leading FF by then.

Regards...jmcc

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

It's great to see all the opposition United on this issue. There's no way the Gov stonewalls this any longer. For such a nothingburger they have managed to unite all the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Hey Nobotty. I voted for them in the previous election for the first time.

Nought to do with me. Nobody owns my vote.

I'd have missed this earlier only the roar of Blanch and the fg lads laughter registered on the richter scale,triggering a small landslide outside Ramelton :D:D:D

Nobotty wrote: »
    I'd have missed this earlier only the roar of Blanch and the fg lads laughter registered on the richter scale,triggering a small landslide outside Ramelton :D:D:D

It's more comfortable and lazy to put every criticism into the 'biased shinner' category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobotty wrote: »

:D:D Their stock answer to criticism - you're a shinner.

Their 'laughter' has managed to unite the opposition, shinners included.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Martin has always been a closet FGer. He's the typical beta male who always needs a strong alpha. Varadkar seems to be playing that role for him. As for Labour, Pravda/RTE has been working hard to portray little AK47 as the leader of a major political party as if 2016 and 2020 never happened. The best thing for SF and the opposition now is to force FFG to start tearing itself apart.

Regards...jmcc
    We would be f**king doomed if Leo was genuinely thought of anywhere as an alpha never mind a strong one. He is as piss poor a leader as Martin.
    Neither are the correct person for the job, but imo it puts FF in a stronger position.
    FG are currently using their bright new minds, young fresh blood, and they are worse than the old guard.
    MM will be gone. Leo will be clinging on.

Suckit wrote: »
    We would be f**king doomed if Leo was genuinely thought of anywhere as an alpha never mind a strong one. He is as piss poor a leader as Martin.
    Neither are the correct person for the job, but imo it puts FF in a stronger position.
    FG are currently using their bright new minds, young fresh blood, and they are worse than the old guard.

I think the idea was the bright young Varadkar, Harris, Murphy would bring FG into a hip and trendy new era. But as you say they were just awful and not capable. They'd make you miss Enda ffs ;)

Suckit wrote: »
    Unfortunately for FG, the bright new minds are not that bright. Coveney would have been far better for FG as the leader as the grassroots wanted. He comes across as a decent sort and that's electoral gold. Varadkar is just a smarmy gombeen git on the make. That pisses off voters. Those leadership approval ratings in the polls are rubbish. FG has a habit of following the polls too closely and not realising that they are just Numerology with a touch of Astrology.

The longer FG waits before dumping Leo The Leak, the worse it will be for FG. While the opinion polls that rely on telephone and online polling consistently underestimate FF's support, FF got more seats than FG in the last GE despite Martin screwing up on the Black and Tans/RIC commemoration issue. (A good FF leader, or even Cowen, would have gutted FG on that issue. Instead, the poppy-wearing Martin was even considering supporting the commemoration (I think).) O'Callaghan is probably waiting in the long grass to make his move. An FF/SF coalition would have made a lot more sense than the Crony Coalition.

The whole centre Right part of the political spectrum is becoming quite crowded since FF and Labour decided to go there. SF has basically absorbed what was left of Labour's Working Class support and is now moving on what was FF's centre Left support. Under Mehole Martin, FF has become more FG than FG themselves and that's quite an achievement given that the Greens have been referred to as FG on bikes.

Regards...jmcc

I think the idea was the bright young Varadkar, Harris, Murphy would bring FG into a hip and trendy new era. But as you say they were just awful and not capable. They'd make you miss Enda ffs ;)
    He was a gombeen but he had political instincts. Leo The Leak is just after "likes" and retweets. He is a complete disaster for FG.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He was a gombeen but he had political instincts. Leo The Leak is just after "likes" and retweets. He is a complete disaster for FG.

Regards...jmcc

He's trying to be populst aswell with the whole attack NPHET thing he's got going on. I think he's yet to realize he represents old school corruption and people want rid of that type of politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Engaged in crony behaviour putting forward one name, the name of a Varadkar favourite and FG'er.
    You ignored the responses. Nobody made the claims you are disputing. You didn't answer any of the questions put to you.

She put forward the name provided by the JAAB, which according to my read of the Act, she is required to do, ahead of any other name.

Nobody has explained what was illegal. It is all hot air.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Alan Kelly is absolutely mauling M Martin on Leaders Questions. It's carnage! Martin is refusing to answer his questions. Tasty stuff :)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Alan Kelly is absolutely mauling M Martin on Leaders Questions. It's carnage! Martin is refusing to answer his questions. Tasty stuff :)

How is it carnage if MM is not answering? Sorry I don't have time to sit watching the Dail all day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

McEntee to answer questions tomorrow as per opposition demands.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    McEntee to answer questions tomorrow as per opposition demands.

Yeah MMartin looked like he was about to leave the Dail and drag McEntee in by the ear to answer questions. He is sick of getting mauled on this issue. He went with the 'separation of powers' line in the end. It was great viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Yeah MMartin looked like he was about to leave the Dail and drag McEntee in by the ear to answer questions. He is sick of getting mauled on this issue. He went with the 'separation of powers' line in the end. It was great viewing.

I'd say she is currently going through intensive coaching on how to attack Sinn Fein and not answer a single question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

All of this sounds completely above board. Nothing to see here!

https://twitter.com/Philip_Ryan/status/1331505805313646594?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

smurgen wrote: »

Bus for Charlie Flanagan on the way.

Michael Lehane's report said some Govt ministers and TDs are beginning to ask questions as to what she is trying to hide.

• Advertisement

Michael Lehane's report said some Govt ministers and TDs are beginning to ask questions as to what she is trying to hide.

That's exactly what I was thinking while watching Martin squirm. AK has sent a list of 7 written questions to the Taoiseach last week. He said they were very simple questions and in sequence. He said the Taoiseach's office was refusing to answer them and he was going to bring it up with the Ceann Comhairle. Something is not right about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I think she was told by higherups to place Woulfe in the role she did, she didn't do it off her own bat, and the lads are afraid her loose lips might sink ships.

It's the only logical explanation/ assumption at this stage.

FG loyalists keep asking what she did that was against rules or protocol? - Bingo! Why the reluctance to answering questions so?

blanch152 wrote: »
    She put forward the name provided by the JAAB, which according to my read of the Act, she is required to do, ahead of any other name.

Nobody has explained what was illegal. It is all hot air.

Cronyism Blanch. Surely you know this.
    FG's man was put forward, alone.

This is likely legal too.
    Once no laws are broken, no worries :rolleyes:

Ah Jaysus, they are red rotten. Red rotten.

2011 Fine Gael 'New Politics' document
    The fundamental goal of Fine Gael’s New Politics is to build a New Republic where the peoples’ concerns are placed at the centre of government. In a Republic, the people are supposed to be supreme. Judged by that simple standard, Ireland today is a Republic in name only. The expressions “Golden Circle”, “Crony Government” and “Cosy Capitalism” all describe the same thing: The abduction of our Republic by both public and private sector vested interests, aided and abetted by the present Government.

Cronyism is alive and well. The new politics was all complete bull****. Shame on them.

Cronyism Blanch. Surely you know this.
    FG's man was put forward, alone.

This is likely legal too.
    Once no laws are broken, no worries :rolleyes:

Shane Ross reckons its 'just another coincidence!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fair play to the opposition. Well up for senior hurling.

'Acceded to opposition request' says Frankie Feighan TD.

'Caved in to opposition demands' says Hugh O Connell journo.

Words matter.

He's trying to be populst aswell with the whole attack NPHET thing he's got going on. I think he's yet to realize he represents old school corruption and people want rid of that type of politics.
    The problem with Leo The Leak is that he is incompetent whereas some of the old school gombeens were competent. Without his likes and retweets he is insignificant. He just hasn't the political awareness to realise it.

Regards...jmcc

'Caved in to opposition demands' says Hugh O Connell journo.
    FG's embedded reporter? :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I see Leo still not able to control his urge to leak and seem relevant , 2 days before cabinet actually meets and decides Christmas restriction lifting, he's on the news telling us all what's going to happen, whilst smugly promoting shop local, surrounded by shops F******* Closed. Just breathtaking he's learned nothing, he's probably also knows what the next 3 days covid figures will be.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement