Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Leo getting his script wrong again:

From the Indo:
    It comes as Tánaiste Leo Varadkar said he was aware that a Circuit Court judge, who was appointed on the same day as Séamus Woulfe, once worked in former Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan’s solicitors firm.

Mr Varadkar initially said Ms McEntee told him the judge, Mary Morrissey, had previously worked at Mr Flanagan's firm when asked about the issue this morning.

He said: "I do think Minister McEntee mentioned that to me. So, yes is the short answer, but I don't think that's... of particular relevance."

However, around an hour later his spokesperson contacted Independent.ie and said that there had been "no such discussion" with Ms McEntee.'

Someone should tell him that bad liars need good memories.
    Will it be televised tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Leo getting his script wrong again:

From the Indo:
    It comes as Tánaiste Leo Varadkar said he was aware that a Circuit Court judge, who was appointed on the same day as Séamus Woulfe, once worked in former Justice Minister Charlie Flanagan’s solicitors firm.

Mr Varadkar initially said Ms McEntee told him the judge, Mary Morrissey, had previously worked at Mr Flanagan's firm when asked about the issue this morning.

He said: "I do think Minister McEntee mentioned that to me. So, yes is the short answer, but I don't think that's... of particular relevance."

However, around an hour later his spokesperson contacted Independent.ie and said that there had been "no such discussion" with Ms McEntee.'

Someone should tell him that bad liars need good memories.
    Will it be televised tomorrow?

Haha is that his final answer? Does he want a third? The circles these lads run in are so small you'd think there's a dozen people living in Dublin. Same people working in their businesses end up in their courthouses. Same people working in their lobby groups end up investigating corruption for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

smurgen wrote: »
    Haha is that his finally answer? Does he want a third? The circles these lads run in are so small you'd think there's a dozen people living in Dublin. Same people working in their businesses end up in their courthouses. Same people working in their lobby groups end up investigating corruption for them.

Nothing to see hear, just your one that works in Charlie's office gets appointed as a judge and yer man that works in Bruton's office gets the AGs gig.
    As Shane Ross said today, 'just another coincidence.'

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don't think I have seen a party leader so disliked in my almost 60 years. O'Riordan firing off both barrels in a very personal way.

https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain/status/1331658027343241218

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I don't think I have seen a party leader so disliked in my almost 60 years. O'Riordan firing off both barrels in a very personal way.

He's right. Varadkar behaves like a brat with his remarks and attitude, always getting his mug in the media to leak announcements ahead of any official announcement. It must be like dealing with a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Didn't O'Riordain let fly at SF during the vote of NC?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Didn't O'Riordain let fly at SF during the vote of NC?

He did.
    but I have rarely seen a personal attack like this by such a high placed politician on another high placed one. Plenty on their politics, but O'Riordan genuinely seems to have had enough of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Leo refers to members of the electorate as "bots" - the man's finally lost his shît.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

He did.
    but I have rarely seen a personal attack like this by such a high placed politician on another high placed one. Plenty on their politics, but O'Riordan genuinely seems to have had enough of him.

Hardly anything new from old Aodhán, likes to fire off on twitter to get himself into the papers.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Leo refers to members of the electorate as "bots" - the man's finally lost his shît.

Seems anyone with any criticism is considered a biased bot/shinner. A lot of that blinkered head in the sand ignorance going around. The fact they point out **** he said and did is conveniently ignored.

• Advertisement

Hardly anything new from old Aodhán, likes to fire off on twitter to get himself into the papers.

Any of his other tweets that made the paper in particular? you make him sound awfully like another gobdaw on Twitter I know of.

20201125-211343.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FF will not be happy having to defend FG decisions around Woulfe.
    It appears FG and FF have failed to implement promised judicial appointment reform for many years.
    I don't care how well coached and prepared McEntee is, she will struggle under questioning.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

FF will not be happy having to defend FG decisions around Woulfe.
    It appears FG and FF have failed to implement promised judicial appointment reform for many years.
    I don't care how well coached and prepared McEntee is, she will struggle under questioning.

What time tomorrow is this scheduled for?

Could be the next crisis for the government of chaos hoving into view.

https://twitter.com/ElaineByrne/status/1331727795865739264

• Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am not sure. I wonder will FFG answer Alan Kelly's 7 written questions before the statement and Q&A.
    I think AK has more information than he is sharing to date. We'll see.
    They certainly are making the lockdown fly by but they are really exposing the rot in our political system.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

6pm or so which in practice after a few healy rae outbursts could be nearer 8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

jmcc wrote: »
    Martin has always been a closet FGer. He's the typical beta male who always needs a strong alpha. Varadkar seems to be playing that role for him. As for Labour, Pravda/RTE has been working hard to portray little AK47 as the leader of a major political party as if 2016 and 2020 never happened. The best thing for SF and the opposition now is to force FFG to start tearing itself apart.

Regards...jmcc

Your posts are entertaining for sure, but so way off the mark.

For people who don't like the government, especially Leo and FG, ye seem very hyper-aware of who well they are doing.

Sure, I thought Leo would be in Jail by now, according to some?

Who is Patrick Russell?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

markodaly wrote: »
    Your posts are entertaining for sure, but so way off the mark.
    Really?
    For people who don't like the government, especially Leo and FG, ye seem very hyper-aware of who well they are doing.
    Who?
    Sure, I thought Leo would be in Jail by now, according to some?
    Let's give him a fair trial first. Though he did admit to leaking a CONFIDENTIAL document to his friend.

Regards...jmcc

Probably one of many. FFG is looking a bit like the Titanic at the moment. At this stage, it might not even make it to Christmas with these revelations. Then there's another judicial appointment that has raised some eyebrows.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

Things are really bad when Amadan is taking shots at Leo The Leaker. Didn't they used to be in government together? :) Perhaps it is this vast army of "Shinnerbots"? This, of course, is coming from a political party (Fine Gael) that had to buy "likes" from South West Asia for its political policies and politicians. Just how many of Leo The Leak's Twitter followers are genuine followers and not bots?

Regards...jmcc

Who is Patrick Russell?

I'm not your researcher. If you don't know why comment?

I thought you were to educate us?

Since you don't know, or didn't know beforehand, I will hazard a guess this is another twitter storm in a tea-cup hyped up by the usual crowd on social media.

Those leadership approval ratings in the polls are rubbish.

Oh of course they are, especially since it shows us the Leo is by far the most popular leader.
    What polling methodology did you use, to come to the above conclusion?
    A wet finger in the air? :p

The whole centre Right part of the political spectrum is becoming quite crowded since FF and Labour decided to go there.

Labour centre-right? ROFL. I have heard it all now!

He may be worried that Russell is a stalwart FG member. :)

Regards...jmcc

Let's given him a fair trial first. Though he did admit to leaking a CONFIDENTIAL document to his friend.

I asked this in another thread but got no reply.

Is there an active Garda investigation into that incident? I think not.
    I know SIPO are looking into it.

No Jail time for Leo.

Things are really bad when Amadan is taking shots at Leo The Leaker. Didn't they used to be in government together? :) Perhaps it is this vast army of "Shinnerbots"? This, of course, is coming from a political party (Fine Gael) that had to buy "likes" from South West Asia for its political policies and politicians. Just how many of Leo The Leak's Twitter followers are genuine followers and not bots?

Regards...jmcc

Also Varadkar was the one floated the idea of setting up anonymous accounts to help spin for FG.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Michael Lehane's report said some Govt ministers and TDs are beginning to ask questions as to what she is trying to hide.

My guess, this is another non-story.

Remember, back in March when Wolfe was nominated, no one and I mean NO ONE, including Alan Kelly or SF objected to the appointment.

This is just another angle the opposition are trying to work, imo.

There will be no brown envelope passing hands or any of that nonsense some people are trying to imply.

I thought you were to educate us?

Since you don't know, or didn't know beforehand, I will hazard a guess this is another twitter storm in a tea-cup hyped up by the usual crowd on social media.

No, I watched the programme referred to in the tweet and I personally know two of the people affected by him.

*You must have missed the post where I said I was bored educating you mark.

• Advertisement

No, he referred to the predictable Twitter 'bots' who will be commenting on his post.

And he was right given the xenophobic response to this tweet.
    Par of the course from that side of the political spectrum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement