Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

markodaly wrote: »
    Oh of course they are, especially since it shows us the Leo is by far the most popular leader.
    Especially amongst those stupid enough to buy the comics in which they appear. He's most popular among FG voters though given Coveney's grassroot support, it is unlikely to be accurate even among FG voters.

What polling methodology did you use, to come to the above conclusion?
    A wet finger in the air? :p
    Irish opinion polls are mickey mouse affairs with small sample sizes. The sample sizes I work with are in the millions and sometimes hundreds of millions. I got a lot of flack from Bluebots for pointing out that the 80% likelihood to vote adjustment in the 2016 GE was rubbish. I suppose I could discuss methodologies but it would be a rather one-sided discussion.
    Labour centre-right? ROFL. I have heard it all now!
    Yes. There's a whole social climber/counterjumper element to Labour in that they shifted away from their Working Class support base towards the Irish Times reading/D4 wannbe element. After all, look at the Water Tax pushed by Alan Kelly. Would that have happened under a genuinely Left of centre Labour party? Then there's the incessant virtue signalling from the likes of O'Riordan and Bacik which has reduced Labour from a party winning 37 seats to one with 6 seats and no speaking rights. The Labour party definitely came to a Stickie end after it was taken over by Official Sinn Fein/Workers Party/I Can't Believe It's Not the Workers Party/Who Me, A Communist? party. And it seems that the same entryists are trying to move on to a new host (the Greens).

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

*You must have missed the post where I said I was bored educating you mark.

Yet... you still comment and reply to my posts. Must not be so bored after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Only polite to reply. Not doing your research for you though.

My guess, this is another non-story.
    Must be wonderful to have your level of journalistic/editorial foresight. You sound like Mouldy Stephen Collins or Blue Hugh or Wiggy Davin Power and his bottle of smoke. :) Surprised you don't have your own newspaper column yet.

Regards...jmcc

Only polite to reply. Not doing your research for you though.

So I am confused? Why did you reply in the first place?

• Advertisement

jmcc wrote: »
    Especially amongst those stupid enough to buy the comics in which they appear. He's most popular among FG voters though given Coveney's grassroot support, it is unlikely to be accurate even among FG voters.

Comics? Haha good one.
    Are we to hear next about your Trumpian pronouncements about Irish Fake News from the likes of the Irish Times and RTE next? If the shoe fits.

Of course we all know that these outlets commission polling companies to carry out the polls. Red C, MRBI, IPSOS etc..
    Tell me, which polling company do you run and own?
    Yes. There's a whole social climber/counterjumper element to Labour in that they shifted away from their Working Class support base towards the Irish Times reading/D4 wannbe element. After all, look at the Water Tax pushed by Alan Kelly. Would that have happened under a genuinely Left of centre Labour party?

Labour are old school social democrat. I know this is a bad world in today's world of ever-increasing populism but its the truth.
    Labour will be back once the new SF vote will find out there is no silver bullet for the problems.

Irish exceptionalism runs and ruins the Irish left.
    The only place in the world where 'da left' are against property taxes for example.
    Water charges another example. The only OECD country without it. I don't see the left in Denmark or Norway wanting to get rid of their water charges, I wonder why!?

Comics? Haha good one.
    Are we to hear next about your Trumpian pronouncements about Irish Fake News from the likes of the Irish Times and RTE next? If the shoe fits.
    The Irish Times is a shadow of what it was once. It is now struggling to sell anything like 50K copies a day. In the last ten years or so, its daily circulation has halved. As for RTE, you surely remember the time that they had Dumb and Dumber from Fianna Fail claiming there was no bailout while news channels were showing the men from the IMF walking in the streets of Dublin? I do note the Bluebot "Trumpian" talking point. Do you get that from FGHQ? There is a certain consistency in how you FGers use the phrase.
    Of course we all know that these outlets commission polling companies to carry out the polls. Red C, MRBI, IPSOS etc..
    Tell me, which polling company do you run and own?
    One that tracks a dataset of over 238 million elements each month. Then there are smaller surveys each month with approximately a million elements. But that pales in comparison with the magnitude of the average Irish opinion poll sample size, doesn't it?
    Labour are old school social democrat.
    Or so they would claim as their latest reincarnation.
    I know this is a bad world in today's world of ever-increasing populism but its the truth.
    Fascinating how you FGers accuse others of "populism" when you keep losing votes. But you are led by that preening fop Varadkar who is so desperate to be popular that he even works in quotes from "Mean Girls" into his speeches.
    Labour will be back once the new SF vote will find out there is no silver bullet for the problems.
    Six seats and dropping. It got demolished in the Local Elections too. RTE has been trying to promote Alan Kelly as the leader of a major political party. The problem is not that Labour's electorate deserted Labour but rather Labour deserted its electorate.
    Water charges another example. The only OECD country without it.
    We already pay for water. FG and its collaborators in Labour wanted to eventually privatise it all for the benefit of its cronies. The Irish people said no.

You FGers really like having Labour to take the hit for Water Tax though it cost FG a lot of seats too. Labour had become so used to being the turd in the shít sandwich of Irish politics that it never noticed that the Two And A Half parties model had changed to a Big Three model. If Irish politics is to return to the 2.5 party model, which will be the half party? Fianna Gael or Fine Fail? Or will FF and FG finally merge after the next GE?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

So I am confused? Why did you reply in the first place?

Mod

Try and engage with posters in a positive manner.

Posts like the above are

1. Only going to inflame them
    2. Off-topic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

My guess is that McEntee will give her statement and do Q&A in the late afternoon.

There is another Leaders Questions at noon. I wonder will Martin have any answers to Labour's 7 written questions from a week ago. I would guess not.

Anyone want to guess how many times McEntee or another FFG minister says 'separation of powers' today? ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hmmm ....lot of anger here today.... best stay clear I think.

• Advertisement

Hmmm ....lot of anger here today.... best stay clear I think.

Stay BB, it will be fun! I'll help guide you through it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

My guess is that McEntee will give her statement and do Q&A in the late afternoon.

There is another Leaders Questions at noon. I wonder will Martin have any answers to Labour's 7 written questions from a week ago. I would guess not.

Anyone want to guess how many times McEntee or another FFG minister says 'separation of powers' today? ;)

It will be a rushed job in advance of MM sanctimonious address to the nation (Albeit Leo's yet again Stole his thunder, we'll all then move onto the F******** toy show (the one promoting toys that can't be purchased anyway) and the weeks deeds of daring dooo will be forgotten.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Stay BB, it will be fun! I'll help guide you through it. ;)

Appreciate that, but on a bit of a short fuse today, touch of the shakes.

Could hit the nuclear button fairly handy...... have a good day.

End up like poor Diego.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Appreciate that, but on a bit of a short fuse today, touch of the shakes.

Could hit the nuclear button fairly handy...... have a good day.

End up like poor Diego.

Stay strong my friend. It's only a political football on a messaging board.

I'm always here bren.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Leo refers to members of the electorate as "bots" - the man's finally lost his shît.

I know a certain amount of creative licence is expected from posters around here, but that is certainly in the fantasy realm as an interpretation of the tweet.

It took 5 months for FFG to agree a program for government when I can sum it up in one line...
    Limp blindly from crisis to crisis while a medical team runs the country.

Could be the next crisis for the government of chaos hoving into view.

https://twitter.com/ElaineByrne/status/1331727795865739264

Yes, a Sinn Fein activist that there was a failure to prosecute. Was there pressure on the Gardai that any attempt to prosecute over the years would damage the peace process? There were a lot of criminals, including Slab Murphy who hid behind that flag of convenience, and was Russell another one?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, a Sinn Fein activist that there was a failure to prosecute. Was there pressure on the Gardai that any attempt to prosecute over the years would damage the peace process? There were a lot of criminals, including Slab Murphy who hid behind that flag of convenience, and was Russell another one?

A 'failure to prosecute'?

Who would you be blaming blanch...those responsible for the failure?

It took 5 months for FFG to agree a program for government when I can sum it up in one line...

They can't even control the Tanaiste. This carry-on is now just bizarre.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40089623.html?type=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Come off it Blanch, even for you that's a bit of a stretch, this lad was scamming people from 1990. Was the Peace Process in place then?

• Advertisement

A 'failure to prosecute'?

Who would you be blaming blanch...those responsible for the failure?

From what is known about the man, the only angle I can see for failing to prosecute him is the "Save the peace process" one. Perhaps you have an alternative theory, but whenever we see the failure of the years to prosecute criminals like Slab Murphy with a republican background, that has been the reason.

Evidence: Man was a Sinn Fein activist
    Evidence: Others have not been prosecuted because of a Sinn Fein/IRA background and the need to protect the delicate peace process
    Theory: The Peace Process strikes again

That's the evidence and the theory. Pretty clear to me that that angle needs investigation.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Come off it Blanch, even for you that's a bit of a stretch, this lad was scamming people from 1990. Was the Peace Process in place then?

Slab was in operation for far longer.

From what is known about the man, the only angle I can see for failing to prosecute him is the "Save the peace process" one. Perhaps you have an alternative theory, but whenever we see the failure of the years to prosecute criminals like Slab Murphy with a republican background, that has been the reason.

Evidence: Man was a Sinn Fein activist
    Evidence: Others have not been prosecuted because of a Sinn Fein/IRA background and the need to protect the delicate peace process
    Theory: The Peace Process strikes again

That's the evidence and the theory. Pretty clear to me that that angle needs investigation.

WHO do you blame for a failure to prosecute?

Are you saying SF have powers over the administration of law and order?

Slab was in operation for far longer.

So you're saying the Gardai, the govt and the judiciary turned a blind eye to Slab?

So you're saying the Gardai, the govt and the judiciary turned a blind eye to Slab?

blanch is saying there was a high level conspiracy to ignore crime. He seems to want to blame those who committed tax and fraud crimes not those who ignored it.

If you were a criminal intent on fraud and you knew of this conspiracy to ignore then what party would you be joining? :)

blanch is saying there was a high level conspiracy to ignore crime. He seems to want to blame those who committed tax and fraud crimes not those who ignored it.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/tebbit-mcguinness-prosecution-was-dropped-keep-peace-talks-going-1135962

We know it happened for some.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/slab-murphy-and-gang-betrayed-by-prosecution-says-source-1.2474317

"The gang associated with prominent Border republican Thomas “Slab” Murphy believe they were to be left alone as part of the peace process agreement, according to a source who has had official dealings with them.

The source said the gang feel “betrayed” by the targeting of their criminal activities."

Don't know where you have been for the last few decades lads, it is well-known that good republicans got special treatment because of the peace process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Or those committing crimes 30 years ago were better at hiding it
    Or the investigative processes weren't as good
    Or the crimes didn't exist
    Most likely a combination of the three

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/tebbit-mcguinness-prosecution-was-dropped-keep-peace-talks-going-1135962

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/slab-murphy-and-gang-betrayed-by-prosecution-says-source-1.2474317

"The gang associated with prominent Border republican Thomas “Slab” Murphy believe they were to be left alone as part of the peace process agreement, according to a source who has had official dealings with them.

The source said the gang feel “betrayed” by the targeting of their criminal activities."

Don't know where you have been for the last few decades lads, it is well-known that good republicans got special treatment because of the peace process.

WHO do you blame for this?

It is clear in the instance of Russell that he used his legal connections, banking connections and his political connections (his connection to Albert Reynolds, key to the 'Peace Process' has been aired before in courts).

Did he use his connection to SF to get away with his crimes because Albert was behind this 'policy' of 'special treatment'?

Is it any wonder that fraudsters would attach themselves to political parties if this revelation is true?

Ah cmon, as was said this morning, a lad sticking up SF posters doesn't get political protection, a lad however with pals at the top of the FF party is in a position to get political protection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I know a certain amount of creative licence is expected from posters around here, but that is certainly in the fantasy realm as an interpretation of the tweet.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1331604906332057603?s=19

"Cue bots"

I'm happy enough with my fantastical interpretation so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement