Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transaction issue

Options
  • 11-10-2020 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So I made a transaction of 300€ to Revolut in Friday night
    Check by BOi account and there are now 2 transaction

I call your emergency transaction line and they tell me it’s a ‘shadow transaction’ that ‘can happen sometimes’

And it will take ‘approximately 5 days’

How is this acceptable in 2020? That BOI just doubles transactions from the account, as a ‘hold’ for absolutely no valid reason!

This is not okay! This is essentially theft, how can ye out a double hold on money and then remove it from someone’s balance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi bennyl10,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

If a payment has come out of your account twice and it is for the same amount and for the same merchant this can be due to a pre-authorisation. This pre-authorisation is taken by the merchant to ensure that sufficient funds are available at the time of purchase, or in this case Top-up. This will generally disappear and readjust back in to your account after 3-5 working days.

It is rare, but sometimes this pre-authorised payment stays on the account, if the payment fully processes on your account this means the merchant has received the two payments, and they will need to issue you with a refund of the amount. Alternatively, you can dispute this with our selves through a transaction dispute form that I have linked here.
    Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement