Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please

• 12-10-2020 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I had a call with a major Irish company to complete my application for Mortgage protection.
    Not even thinking about it I admitted to smoking a bit of weed recreation-ally a few years ago (moron) it didn't even dawn on my until last night, then after a bit of googling I've seen people have been refused for such reasons.

Is this still a case?

I've yet to get the refusal but I still havnt signed the docusign notification I received after going through the application with the advisor. My partner has signed this though.

Would I be better off cancelling this process before getting the refusal and just applying somewhere else?
    If so would this information now be available to somebody else after submitting the application?

If I go ahead and still get refused - what are the chances of obtaining protection through another crowd if I admit this was the reason for my refusal?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

"If so would this information now be available to somebody else after submitting the application?"
    - The fact you've been accepted or refused will be available.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Your broker should be able to have a chat with a underwriter.

Ask them.

Advertisement