Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mira Elite QT Not Heating

• 12-10-2020 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi all, have one of these electric showers which is not heating at all. Have cleaned out filter, removed shower head, removed hose and let water run directly from shower but still no joy. Any tips? Is it a thermostat issue? Are these easily replaced?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

Hi all, have one of these electric showers which is not heating at all. Have cleaned out filter, removed shower head, removed hose and let water run directly from shower but still no joy. Any tips? Is it a thermostat issue? Are these easily replaced?

Could be the TCO (thermal cut out) but I would first turn the temperature control to fully cold and then measure the flowrate for exactly 1 minute before proceeding any further. I presume you have vented the filter by pressing up the valve with your finger and allowing water to flow for a minute or two before replacing the filter.o

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

Hi John, all i did with regard to the filter is pop it out, and make sure if was clean (which it was) and popped it back in. I'm afraid that's about as adventurous got!! I'm in no way a tradesman so really just seeing was it something the average person could fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You have a power light & low flow light. If the low flow light is on then its a pressure issue /air lock. If the low flow light doesn't come on then it's likely to be the TCO. The TCO can be checked with a multi meter. It's a fiddly part to replace. Put your thumb in the wrong place and you can make the new TCO fail in the same way

Hi John, all i did with regard to the filter is pop it out, and make sure if was clean (which it was) and popped it back in. I'm afraid that's about as adventurous got!! I'm in no way a tradesman so really just seeing was it something the average person could fix

Just remove the filter again (you don't have to isolate the water supply), if you look up where you removed the filter you will see a little plastic "pin" sticking down, this is part of a spring loaded valve which isolates the water to allow you to remove the filter without having to isolate the water elsewhere, just push this up with you finger and water will (should) start flowing out, keep it pressed up for a few minutes to get rid of any air which may be in the pipework, then replace your filter. Get a dish/bucket, turn the temperature switch to fully cold, switch on the shower and let the water flow in to the dish for exactly 1 minute, then measure this with a 1 litre milk bottle or whatever, you should get approx 8 to 10 litres.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You have a power light & low flow light. If the low flow light is on then its a pressure issue /air lock. If the low flow light doesn't come on then it's likely to be the TCO. The TCO can be checked with a multi meter. It's a fiddly part to replace. Put your thumb in the wrong place and you can make the new TCO fail in the same way

Didn't realise it had a low flow light.

• Advertisement

John.G wrote:
    Didn't realise it had a low flow light.

I read Mira Elite St. Didn't realise it was a QT. I was wondering where you were going with the spring loaded filter. QT makes sense now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

thanks John, if it's not 8 to 10 litres what does this mean? pressure problem?

It could be air in system, unlikely if you vented it as suggested or TCO or pump not working, pump won't work with faulty TCO, take your flow measurement as a starting point

Sleeper12 wrote: »

The low flow light (where fitted) is very useful to tell you if the TCO has failed, with a healthy shower it will light for a second or two on pressing the start button but if it (TCO) has failed will not light under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eddiesherwin

Hi all, same issue with Mira elite QT. Water running cold. 1 yr old shower. Tried filters etc but made the mistake of pushing in red bung on base of water heater. It’s now gone into water heater.
    Please advise what can be done?
    Eddie

• Advertisement

Hi all, same issue with Mira elite QT. Water running cold. 1 yr old shower. Tried filters etc but made the mistake of pushing in red bung on base of water heater. It’s now gone into water heater. Please advise what can be done? Eddie

Too late now but you should have left it alone & call in mira under the warranty. Its still worth trying the warranty angle. I wouldn't mention the red bung. Just tell them that the water is running cold. They aren't very good with the warranty on this shower so they m claim that you kinked the hose causing the water to get dangerously hot. This could blow the TCO & would pop the prd. One engineer will say nothing & repair for free & another might say no warranty & charge 120 euro

The red bung, I'm assuming, is the prd. This is unlikely to get stuck in the element. Much more likely its gone down the drain.

Advertisement