Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet Gym Old Mallow Road - Opinions?

Options
  • 12-10-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

Hello - I've run a search on here but all the info I can find is a few years old...

Anyone have any opinions on the Planet Gym out the old Mallow road?

I used to use our gym in work, but with working from home I don't have that luxury anymore. Kept up the odd bit of exercise outdoors during the summer, but not enough, so now its time I bite the bullet and sign up to a "proper" Gym. The "covid stone" has to go.

I know nothing about the Planet other than it has a pool, which I find really appealing, and also it's close enough to me that I could pop out for an hour during the day when the place is quiet (hopefully)....

The Gym that I used in work was nearly always empty, so I have gotten used to being on my own and just being able to do my own thing. Would have a PT session once a month maybe just to be sure I'm on track and my technique is ok..

Anyone use this gym and care to share their pros/cons? Recent google reviews seem pretty positive.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I was a member once, I only left because they stopped annual outright payments and switched everything to monthly direct debit which didn’t work out for me. There was a jackass manager there but he left, all in all it’s not the worst but compared to the likes of nearby Dennehy’s it’s showing it’s age.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Just fit gym blackpool is a great gym..

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I like the Planet. I've been a member up there for a few years now. Nice big weights area and plenty of cardio equipment. If it gets busy there's always some area that you can go to and do your own thing. Separate women's section if you wanted it (not sure if you're male or female). The pool is good and never too busy. Sauna and steam room whenever we'll be allowed to use them again! Plenty of cleaning equipment and everyone is good for cleaning down their stuff. Not sure if they give trial sessions but you could ask and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Thanks folks... I'd rather steer clear of deneheys as I've heard from some folks in work that they're pretty busy almost all the time with Douglas closed...

Had not heard of just fit so I'll check that out.

Monthly direct debit is a bit of a PITA alright, would rather pay a whack up front to make me go!

Was really lucky having a gym in work and really miss it. Was dead handy to just pop up before or after work or even at lunchtime, we had all the free PT sessions too we could ask for.

Really feel for the crew that were running it. Small group of trainers and they were all bang on, and really good at their job. All of their work was with corporate gyms in cork and that has all dried up, our gym closed until at least next May.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

In another gym related query has anyone tried Anytime Fitness in Ballincollig?

• Advertisement
Advertisement