If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to pick up an LG OLED55CX5LB

Options
  • 12-10-2020 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm about to pull the trigger on this, I see some retailers are still doing the Airbuds with the TV, but I don't see it anymore on your site, have I missed them or has it ended?

Cheers. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Hurrache wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm about to pull the trigger on this, I see some retailers are still doing the Airbuds with the TV, but I don't see it anymore on your site, have I missed them or has it ended?

Cheers. 

They still have it available on the Irish site if you pay in euro. Switch to the euro currency and it appears

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Cheers Loughrey, never noticed that when I was having a look around.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi guys,

Cheers. 
    Hey Hurrache.

The offer has started back up again until the 27.10.20.

It's listed on the Euro side of our website but would be added to the sterling orders also.

You can pick to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for you.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Morning guys, I PM'd DavidS about an issue I'm having when I try to complete the purchase, give me a shout when you can, 

Cheers.

Morning guys, I PM'd DavidS about an issue I'm having when I try to complete the purchase, give me a shout when you can, 

Cheers.
    Hey Hurrache.

I will be in touch ASAP.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Cheers.

Cheers.
    Cheers for the business Hurrache :)

Kenny.

Happy to give it!

Happy to give it!
    Cheers Hurrache.

Our courier will be in touch with your tracking details.

if you have any issues please let me know.

Kenny.

TV arrived Friday, not had much time to play around with it too much but with what time I've had it's been great, the 4K/Dolby Vision sources look super.

It's a bit of a wallet opener though, it's pushing me towards getting a Dolby Atmos sound bar now to go with it. 

Some family members are missing the ambilight from the TV it replaced, so I guess I'm going to have to pick up some sort of bias lighting to fit behind the TV, we never needed a living room light before. 

• Advertisement

TV arrived Friday, not had much time to play around with it too much but with what time I've had it's been great, the 4K/Dolby Vision sources look super.

It's a bit of a wallet opener though, it's pushing me towards getting a Dolby Atmos sound bar now to go with it. 

Some family members are missing the ambilight from the TV it replaced, so I guess I'm going to have to pick up some sort of bias lighting to fit behind the TV, we never needed a living room light before. 
    Hi Hurrache,

Thanks for the post and I'm delighted to hear you're happy with the TV!

I have an OLED myself and there's nothing that comes close!

If you're looking for a great Atmos Soundbar the new Sonos ARC sounds fantastic!

Let me know if you have any issues with the TV though and thanks again for the order, it's very much appreciated!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

The lighting issue is a very simple fix. Get USB LED strips on Amazon for about 10 pounds and connect it to the USB port of the TV and it'll turn on when the TV is on and go off when you turn off the TV

Cheers loughrey, I was thinking along those likes alright, thanks for the tip. I've watched some TV reviews and a lot of setups seems to be using things like that, this guys setup looks good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agyrZClPaTs

@Richersounds, The Arc seems to be great, good reviews all round, might be an early Christmas gift to myself given we won't be out and about much at all these day. The less components when it comes to home cinema the better in my house anyway, we used to have a wired 5.1 system before, despite the loss of performance that may bring.

One query, and I've seen it raised on AV Forums and Reddit, is the smell from it. Is it a common issue related to the newness that will eventually burn itself away after a period of usage? It's a weird burning like smell that you get used to if you're in the room, but if you walk into the room when the TV has been on for a while it's pretty strong. Are you guys familiar with this?

Cheers loughrey, I was thinking along those likes alright, thanks for the tip. I've watched some TV reviews and a lot of setups seems to be using things like that, this guys setup looks good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agyrZClPaTs

@Richersounds, The Arc seems to be great, good reviews all round, might be an early Christmas gift to myself given we won't be out and about much at all these day. The less components when it comes to home cinema the better in my house anyway, we used to have a wired 5.1 system before, despite the loss of performance that may bring.

One query, and I've seen it raised on AV Forums and Reddit, is the smell from it. Is it a common issue related to the newness that will eventually burn itself away after a period of usage? It's a weird burning like smell that you get used to if you're in the room, but if you walk into the room when the TV has been on for a while it's pretty strong. Are you guys familiar with this?
    Hi Hurrache,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'll be honest I've never noticed it in store! The next day I'm in store I'll have a look at it and see if I can notice a burning smell from it!

Kind regards

David

Cheers, it comes from the back at the top of the box with the electronics in it.

Cheers, it comes from the back at the top of the box with the electronics in it.
    No problem, leave it with me!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Hi guys,

Cheers. 
    Hey Hurrache.

The offer has started back up again until the 27.10.20.

It's listed on the Euro side of our website but would be added to the sterling orders also.

You can pick to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for you.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.
    Hi David,
    I had seen the Buds offer on the Irish site during the week and read that it was ending today the 27th. I pulled
    the trigger on the TV and there was no mention of the Buds. I can't wait to get my mittens on the TV, have been
    dying to get it for a while now and have a PS5 on order.
    So I'm wondering have I missed out on the buds, while it's not the end of the world. I was kinda looking forward to
    the buds too. Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bazzz,

if you purchased on the 27th - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with the details and we will get that sorted for you ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Bazzz,

if you purchased on the 27th - just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with the details and we will get that sorted for you ;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thank you John I'll do that now. Cheers.

bazzz wrote: »
    Bazzz,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thank you John I'll do that now. Cheers.
    Thanks bazzz, we will keep an eye out for that!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.