Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Range

• 12-10-2020 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’ve recently got Vodafone FTTH in, I’m looking to get the range extended to the workshop & bedrooms as the speed drops to being non existent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got the TP Link AV600 but nothing happened.

Thanks,

Deborah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Go for the mesh system instead.
    What kind of a wireless speeds are you looking for ?
    Cheapest mesh systems ( up to £150) could deliver 150-300mbps wireless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

alec76 wrote: »

In theory or real world?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Debs91

Go for the mesh system instead.
    What kind of a wireless speeds are you looking for ?

Hi Alec,

I’d be looking at 50 plus mbps it’s to do streaming mostly & video calls. The extenders are not the way to go in your opinion?

Thanks,

Deborah

Debs91 wrote: »
    Hi Alec,

I’d be looking at 50 plus mbps ..The extenders are not the way to go in your opinion?

Thanks,

Deborah
    Power Line AV600? I would say they garbage in general, not reliable and glitchy , still doesn't explain why you wasn't able to get anything from them, they are very easy to setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Debs91

Power Line AV600? I would say they garbage in general, not reliable and glitchy , still doesn't explain why you wasn't able to get anything from them, they are very easy to setup.

Hi Alec,

Thanks for the feedback, do you use one of them yourself? It did indeed work eventually but we would be looking for a wireless extender so it could be just plugged in without the need for an Ethernet cable. It’s for an outside workshop & back rooms.

Deborah

Debs91 wrote: »
    Hi Alec,

Thanks for the feedback, do you use one of them yourself? It did indeed work eventually but we would be looking for a wireless extender so it could be just plugged in without the need for an Ethernet cable. It’s for an outside workshop & back rooms.

Deborah
    Just get this Amazon Eero ( today is the last day of Prime deal) .
    Try it , you could return in 30 days , free postage if you don't like it or it is not working out for you.
    It is The Easiest system for set up, real Plug in Play , very easy step by step instructions.
    ps.Just don't forget to disable WIFI on your FTTH router.
    Wi fi extenders create independent Wi Fi network, unlike Mesh , were youll get single WiFi network all over the house and workshop , you would not notice switching between the nods.
    for instance, you'll start Facetime in the kitchen, then move to workshop without conversation interrupted, system will automatically switch you from one node to another.
    Try to do the same with the simple extender.

Advertisement