Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fat cat, two perfect

• 12-10-2020 11:56pm

I have three cats, an 11 year old tom who is aging. He used to be a little bit overweight but the vet told me not to worry about it given his age. I have a two and a half year old cat who is mother to my youngest cat, I took them both together. Mother cat got a little plump after her spay but she levelled out, she's a lovely size.

It's kitten that is the problem! She is 13 months old and was spayed at six months. She's a roley poley. I remember I had a female cat before who was very fat around that age, then when she was two years old was a perfect size.

Is it normal for a cat just over a year to be growing into their body and maybe isn't actually obese?

I would also like to hear from people as to how you slim down one cat while still feeding the other two! Her mother will only eat dry food. The tomcat is old and allowed to eat what he wants. It doesn't seem possible to stop her eating as much as she wants.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

budgese wrote: »
    I have three cats, an 11 year old tom who is aging. He used to be a little bit overweight but the vet told me not to worry about it given his age. I have a two and a half year old cat who is mother to my youngest cat, I took them both together. Mother cat got a little plump after her spay but she levelled out, she's a lovely size.

It's kitten that is the problem! She is 13 months old and was spayed at six months. She's a roley poley. I remember I had a female cat before who was very fat around that age, then when she was two years old was a perfect size.

Is it normal for a cat just over a year to be growing into their body and maybe isn't actually obese?

I would also like to hear from people as to how you slim down one cat while still feeding the other two! Her mother will only eat dry food. The tomcat is old and allowed to eat what he wants. It doesn't seem possible to stop her eating as much as she wants.

I have this problem with Tonto. Food is his passion as he was starved previously.

I have two feeding stations for my cats. One in the kitchen, one in my bedroom ( where I live mostly) . Oh and Selkie gets fed in the bathroom as she has unusual needs.

So I can feed who I choose by closing the relevant doors. This was essential when my three newbies arrived and they lived in the kitchen for food and beds for a long while. Doors are a great invention!

When my six have fed inside and I have fed Tonto outside, the dishes are removed. Period! He comes in races round seeking more food, then comes to sit abed with me.

It works fine. Tonto protests but tough luck little man. The art is not leaving food constantly available to all.

Boycat is old (16 )and eats as he likes. He needs little and often. Earlier he and Selkie came in ahead of the others, so they were fed then to repletion. Then Oliver although repletion is a term alien to him... Tonto was fed outside .

Just is getting organised ; it is second nature now.

Advertisement