Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia Stage 10: Lanciano to Tortoreto (177km)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

On the stage itself - not surprised that FDJ gave up the chase, that was insanely fast for a long time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Jumbo gone as well. Its mad

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Whats different is that the C19 protocols and containment measures are far from as strict as at the Tour. Jos van Emden from Jumbo Visma was saying on the Cycling Podcast that on one of the early stages, TJV along with three other team ( Mitchelton Scott being one of them) were all sharing the one hotel, along with members of the Carabineiri support AND - get this - members of the general public..... all in together at buffet breakfasts etc.....madness. Van Emden said it was likely that this is where Yates contracted the virus and now after rest day there is another 4 cases in the team
    Caught up on this at lunch - I thought it sounded bad from what brookwalter said. Van Emden's report way worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

This Giro is worthless now and not just from a sporting standpoint. Disturbing reports of the measures (not) being taken to ensure rider and team safety. The social responsibility is to call the race off — the Tour would have called it quits with these positives.

The women's Giro lost their world Tour status for next year after the TV debacle — this is a much bigger issue. For the quite simple but powerful reason of putting rider health at risk by continuing the race, the UCI should consider demoting the Giro from the World Tour for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Vuelta organisers must be having a bit of a panic today and reviewing alot of paperwork and protocols

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Puncture for Pozzovivo at the worst possible time

I suspect that a big asterix is being prepared to be placed alongside the account of this Giro in the history books.........

Ah that'd be nothing out of the unusual for a Grand Tour anyway :pac:

I'd really like Sagan to win this but I can't see it happening

This is great stuff

• Advertisement

The way Rob Hatch is talking it's like Sagan has just gone under the flamme rouge... there is still 10 km to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The way Rob Hatch is talking it's like Sagan has just gone under the flamme rouge... there is still 10 km to go!

he's been commentating like it's the final 5km for the last 30km

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Hatch also said it would be the “win of the century” about a 3 time world champion...

He’s some man for the exaggeration

Great stage today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Fuglsang has no luck with his punctures.

outstanding stuff from Sagan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Sagan putting on his sunglasses for maximum sponsor coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

De Bhál wrote: »
    outstanding stuff from Sagan

Yep that was pretty spectacular alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Ah that was just fukcing beautiful.....just what was needed

What. A. Rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

What a male specimen

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Very Impressive. He just said feck it and went for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wow, unreal display from Sagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Delighted for Sagan.

Great stuff by Almeida too.

could watch his last 50m in slow motion all day, class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Great win for Sagan, was sure the effort he had to put in at the start after FDJ chased for so long would catch up on him

Rob Hatch has become quite tedious at this stage,

I'd loved to have had Adam Blythe on for that today on commentary.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Great win for Sagan, was sure the effort he had to put in at the start after FDJ chased for so long would catch up on him

Rob Hatch has become quite tedious at this stage,

it's like sitting beside someone in a pub who's taking cocaine, non stop yapping.

The Giro as planned wont happen next week in any case. The high mountains are going to be off-limits I reckon; the Stelvio (Check out webcam at https://pirovano.it/en/webcam-stelvio/) is in the schedule for Thurs 22nd, and the current light covering of snow could disappear overnight with a rise in temperature or be cleared off the road with sweepers, but the below zero temps in the valleys in recent days mean that any descents off the peaks could be dangerously cold for riders. There were already a couple of riders really suffering in the rain and cold on Sunday.

I hope I'm wrong, and it all goes ahead, because I really want to see the latter stages as long as they are safe. Running the Giro in the high mountains in late October is always going to be a long-shot........

It has snowed on and off the past week, this lot will be cleared by tomorrow at the latest unless it keeps snowing. I'd say Stelvio is slightly better than 60/40 to go ahead.

bmw3x93.png

You can live link the current photo and it updates as and when the webcam does:

stelviolive_04.jpg

Dodge wrote: »
    Hatch also said it would be the “win of the century” about a 3 time world champion...

He’s some man for the exaggeration

Great stage today

Bring back Carlton... all is forgiven!

• Advertisement

I've heard Quigley and Stephens on the inCycling highlights, they must be doing the RCS international feed.

Advertisement