Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone on adverts

Options
  • 13-10-2020 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Am hoping to pick up an IPhone 11,128gb on adverts. Have seen one for sale for €689, brand new. What should I look out for when browsing adverts? Is there many knock offs about? The person selling it on adverts has very high positive feedback. Thanks for any help with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Thanks for that. Below is from the add

iPhone 11 128gb brand new sealed unlocked
    ● PLEASE note these are Not import Chinese phones●
    ● sealed box (unopened)
    ● factory unlocked Worldwide simfree
    ● 1 year's apple warranty
    ● come with receipt
    ● Black and white colour
    ● 128GB Sorage
    ● 3 pin charger (IRISH PHONES)
    ● not interested in swap, no offers please
    ● asking price only: €689.99

Should I still unseal the box and check for the iCloud lock? Sorry if these are stupid questions but am seriously out of the loop with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

If they're sealed there should be no issue with iCloud locks. Most of the sellers have excellent feedback especially G-Shock or Armani Versace.

I bought a sealed XS not so long ago from a seller with 400+ feedback and it was perfect. Have dealt with AV in the past too and he's great to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Pacifico wrote: »
    If they're sealed there should be no issue with iCloud locks. Most of the sellers have excellent feedback especially G-Shock or Armani Versace.

I bought a sealed XS not so long ago from a seller with 400+ feedback and it was perfect. Have dealt with AV in the past too and he's great to deal with.

The seller is G-Shock so will go ahead with it now. Thanks for all the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Slight different but I bought new airpods pro off adverts from a seller and they came the next day in perfect order. Had great reviews so trusted the process. I'd avoid private sellers though personally. Pretty sure this was some type of digital store I bought from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Slight different but I bought new airpods pro off adverts from a seller and they came the next day in perfect order. Had great reviews so trusted the process. I'd avoid private sellers though personally. Pretty sure this was some type of digital store I bought from.
    Back in the day. I bought an iPhone 5 from one of the Chinese sellers on adverts. Had a few months Apple warranty. Turns out everything except the phone was counterfeit. Cable, charger, box and printed material.
    In all fairness the phone lasted years. Never used any of the other stuff. They did offer to have a look. I never bothered. I reckon it was some sort of refurb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Mr.S wrote: »
    Even if it's sealed the IMEI / Serial are on the outside of the box and will be visible.

Not saying it's the case with your seller, but it's very easy to re-seal, it's just plastic + heat gun.

Previous positive feedback is the main thing to check imo.

I can attest to this. I bought a sealed phone form a reputable dealer:rolleyes: and discovered that the IMEI on the outside of the box did not match the one on the phone. Not best pleased :mad: but was sorted by the seller eventually but it really is Buyer Beware:(

Advertisement