Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

4 adults now sleeping under a bridge after not paying their mortgage

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gervais08 wrote: »
    The goggles do, the masks do.
    The scum wearing them do nothing tho.

It was a Simpsons joke.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

You seem to be acting slow and stupid on purpose. The example given of a divorced woman with two kids out on her ear is miles away from the lifetime dole scoungers who totally play the system.

Any normal person can see this difference, most people can understand that safety nets are there for a reason and would support those nets.

But this family in Limerick and countless like them are total wasters, they make no attempts at bettering their position and everyone else pays for it.

This is the key point here.

Beware of who you're talking to, I've been to a boards beers and it was the strangest experience of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

You seem to be acting slow and stupid on purpose. The example given of a divorced woman with two kids out on her ear is miles away from the lifetime dole scoungers who totally play the system.

Any normal person can see this difference, most people can understand that safety nets are there for a reason and would support those nets.

But this family in Limerick and countless like them are total wasters, they make no attempts at bettering their position and everyone else pays for it.

So we should implement a policy of social supports based on how a_squirrelman feels about it. The better story wins the gaff.:rolleyes:

If the divorced women never worked again would you kick her out on the street as she's a total waster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I think the majority here aren't afraid to call out the bullsh*t in this story. On the flip-side some want this to be someone's problem, just not that families problem.

Hard for people not to get annoyed by these stories. I don't begrudge them but I think the attitude stinks.

Like many working parents in the country my weekday mornings are very busy, up before 7 trying to get ourselves and the kids dressed and fed. I drive down to the creche to drop them off, rush back as I often have work calls from 0830 or even 0800 onwards, work a full day, start off the dinner, collect the kids etc. etc. I'm not looking for a pat on the back, that's life for most people. Meanwhile our friends in the article get to have a lie-in every morning if they want.

Yes, I get to enjoy some nice things from our salaries but there needs to be a lifestyle gap between workers and career unemployed people, otherwise why bother working at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

doc22 wrote: »
    So we should implement a policy of social supports based on how a_squirrelman feels about it. The better story wins the gaff.:rolleyes:

If the divorced women never worked again would you kick her out on the street as she's a total waster?

You'll find it's not just me that feels this way.

But yeah, cut people off after a certain amount of time for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

So she got the free house quick enough then, she wasn't 10 years living with parent till she got it. Didn't start working till she got the free gaff too. Played the system.

What a vile vile post - sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Mea culpa, I’ve hardly ever seen it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Really.

doc22, are you ok?

Your posts on this topic are a warning sign something bad is going on inside your head and heart. Please take care of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The truth hurts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    This is the key point here.

Beware of who you're talking to, I've been to a boards beers and it was the strangest experience of my life.
    OT but I've been to a few too. From various forums like Rock and Metal to motors.
    Dated someone I met at one of the rock and metal meets for a year and a half. Very strange experiences indeed :D:D

• Advertisement

You didn't mention her leaving the "lovely home" in initial post. Very convenient narrative....

I think I’ve given enough of her life story! She and her new partner needed a bigger house for their expanding brood. So, they bought one.

Is it so difficult to understand the difference between someone accepting help when needed and someone doing sweet feck all to improve their lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

For a couple unless one has a good job it’s not really worth working with kids . If your both not working your rent is paid , no worries about mortgages, crèche fees , education fees etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

LuasSimon wrote: »
    For a couple unless one has a good job it’s not really worth working with kids . If your both not working your rent is paid , no worries about mortgages, crèche fees , education fees etc

yeah, likely no need for a second car either... They have created a real fcuked situation here. Morally corrupt!

This free gp visits, near free rent ( you can argue its free) while others are really struggling, funding it and for a worse quality of life! Not one party here prepared to do anything about it, thats for sure!

They have created this monster, and there is no way any of them have the balls to do anything about it. The least contentious way, would be to just stop all welfare increases going forward and all monies, used to support workers, working parents, reduce housing and childcare costs for these people...

The social housing " rents" are another scandal!

Yup didn't say it in a German accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yup didn't say it in a German accent

Theee gogguls du notthing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,362 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The grandfather did alright for himself.

Bought the house off the council for half-nothing in all likelihood.

Got a 52k mortgage on it in 2007 with nothing to pay

Spent the inheritance when he was still able to enjoy it

And left those grim faced good for nothings in the lurch :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Yes, I get to enjoy some nice things from our salaries but there needs to be a lifestyle gap between workers and career unemployed people, otherwise why bother working at all.

Nail on the head. I don't think anyone here wants people to starve if they're down on their luck (or just don't want to work!) but there has to be a sizeable gap between lifestyles. It's a classic welfare trap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭zimmermania

It would appear they did not have a mortgage,the original owner (father i think) sold the house in 2007 for 57,000 on condition that he would remain there for life,what happened when he died i do not know but ownership then moved to the investor who bought it.

Advertisement