Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing out Dell Monitor on Dual Display

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Looks like the BenQ monitors are both VESA compatible. You can see the holes in a square shape on the back.
    Also, the stand seems to be VESA compatible, according to the description.

"The two adaptors provided on the stand, assured that the dual monitor stand can attach to any VESA compliant monitor."

Do you have these adaptors?

So, yes, I'd say they will work together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

JoyPad wrote: »
    Looks like the BenQ monitors are both VESA compatible. You can see the holes in a square shape on the back.
    Also, the stand seems to be VESA compatible, according to the description.

"The two adaptors provided on the stand, assured that the dual monitor stand can attach to any VESA compliant monitor."

Do you have these adaptors?

So, yes, I'd say they will work together.

Cheers! Would you rate these monitors for gaming? Looking for 27 inch

Nope.
    I wouldn't buy them for work either. I've been working on QHD monitors for so long, I don't like 1080p anymore.
    And gaming at 1080p and 75Hz? Nope, I wouldn't do it.

Nope.
    I wouldn't buy them for work either. I've been working on QHD monitors for so long, I don't like 1080p anymore.
    And gaming at 1080p and 75Hz? Nope, I wouldn't do it.

Thanks... recommend anything in the Amazon sale up to a budget of €170?

sticker wrote: »
    Thanks... recommend anything in the Amazon sale up to a budget of €170?

What computer is running these monitors? What's the CPU and GPU?

• Advertisement

This one could be a great choice, if you can stretch your budget by 20 euro. Review here.

I guess the choice would depend a lot on what you plan to do with it. You say gaming, but is it first-person shooting or simulators?
    For FPS games, you might want to aim for low latency (1ms) which means going for a TN panel, which have relatively poor colour accuracy and viewing angles.
    For many other types of work, you want to go with an IPS screen, as these have great colours and viewing angles, but lower latency comes at a very steep cost.
    The VA panels are somewhere in between the TN and IPS.

Last but not least, knowing what graphics card you have is essential to making a recommendation.

What computer is running these monitors? What's the CPU and GPU?

Cheers - This is my spec:
    1 x GameMax (30cm) Magnetic LED Strip - White
    1 x Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 Liquid CPU Cooler
    1 x Seagate BarraCuda 4TB SATA III 3.5" HDD
    1 x Lite-On eBAU108 External DVD Writer Optical Drive
    1 x Gigabyte G750H 750W Modular 80+ Gold PSU
    1 x Corsair Carbide 275R TG Gaming Case - White
    1 x Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO AMD Socket AM4 Motherboard
    1 x Adata Ultimate SU800 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD
    1 x MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X 8GB
    1 x AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8GHz 6 Core (Socket AM4) CPU
    1 x HyperX FURY 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM

Edit: Would a curved display you recommended fit to the stand - possibly look odd beside the regular 24 inch Dell?!

Note: I have my own web design business - working from home, so some gaming but a lot of coding. Is this still OK? No FPS gaming, more simulation like Frost Punk etc.

For work and sim games, 60Hz or 75Hz should be sufficient, but you'd be best served by higher resolution (QHD, aka 1440p).

I'm a software developer myself, and I need the extra real estate offered by the higher resolution.
    If you could stretch, this one from Dell has a great price: 250 euro, free shipping. Be careful, the price on website has no VAT.

Cheers - Might do the Dell then. Do you have one? I can claim back the VAT

Reviews seem a bit more positive for the S line

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/work/shop/dell-27-monitor-s2721ds/apd/210-axkw/monitors-monitor-accessories

Just an added €16

I think the panels are identical, and all that's different is the stand, which you won't be using anyway, if you stick it on the dual-screen stand.

• Advertisement

I think the panels are identical, and all that's different is the stand, which you won't be using anyway, if you stick it on the dual-screen stand.

Cheers - just ordered it!

Hey there M8 - Would you believe this bloody montior is still not with me - Says shipping Jan 2020.

I've a pain in my arse waiting TBH.

Any decent 27" monitors out there for circa €200?

Advertisement