Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for someone to make porch door

• 13-10-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi. I am hoping I may be able to get some quotes for an outer door to my porch

The width is 1382
    Overall Height is 2330
    There will be 2 doors opening in and their height will be 2100 which means there will be a strip of window on top

also may need it to have split windows in doors as i will need a letterbox.

Thanks for any help

Eamon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Two doors opening in with a 1300 mm width ? Seems a bit small for that. one door and a side panel on either side would be more appropriate.

What is it your looking for looks wise? Any links. Why glass on top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Def_IRL

listermint wrote: »
    Two doors opening in with a 1300 mm width ? Seems a bit small for that. one door and a side panel on either side would be more appropriate.

Do-able for sure at that width.
    Why bother with a.letterbox though ruining the U value of a modern double or triple glazed A rated or similar door, very Irish approach :)
    Get a nice external wall mounted letterbox, and improve your overall U Value of your front hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Def_IRL

listermint wrote: »

About €1000 for mine I seem to recall, with glass section above. Mines quite narrow if only one side is opened, which is grand for scooting in and out, but tends to have you going in sort of sideways in with shopping in hand , unless you open the 2nd door too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Def_IRL wrote: »
    About €1000 for mine I seem to recall, with glass section above. Mines quite narrow if only one side is opened, which is grand for scooting in and out, but tends to have you going in sort of sideways in with shopping in hand , unless you open the 2nd door too.

Hence my point. Not usable it's just for looks.

Advertisement