Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking your wisdom please! Amazon breadmaker

Options
  • 13-10-2020 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

I cannot post links but just noticed that the Amazon Basic breadmaker is back in stock.. and I can just about afford it now!

Would value opinions.

Thank you so very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Graces7 wrote: »
    I cannot post links but just noticed that the Amazon Basic breadmaker is back in stock.. and I can just about afford it now!

Would value opinions.

Thank you so very much.

Panasonic bread makers seem to be the ones most recommended.
    If you've never used one before, don't expect it to be like bread from an oven - it isn't. You will never get the same crust as from an oven.
    I've had decent bread from breadmakers but never really great bread.

As you don't have access to a bakery, it may well provide you with decent bread - way, way better than your average supermarket bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Keep saving up for the cheapest Panasonic one, you'll just regret it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

As others have said, a terrible bread. Stodgy and not good for you at all.

If I wasn’t to have access to good quality shop bread I’d just make my own soda bread or porridge bread. In fact soda bread is my go to more than often

Consistently inconsistent is all I can say. Results are patchy at best.

To be fair some have been outstanding when you take them out and eat a slice or two while still hot, but even the best batches don't keep very long. But that's just me, I wouldn't eat enough bread in order for a good loaf to stay good by the time I'd finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah I have had a breadmaker before and loved it.

It is just this model I am seeking advice on IF anyone has tried it.

I am happy with what bread I buy but we get cut off in winter and I can no longer knead etc so seeking this. At this price. I had been waiting for it to come back in stock .

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Slideways wrote: »
    As others have said, a terrible bread. Stodgy and not good for you at all.

No one before you said this.
    Stop putting your words in other people's mouths!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chefy

Graces7 wrote: »

Would value opinions.

Thank you so very much.

I find bread from bread makers to be a little "cakey" but if you use it to make the dough and then shape it by hand, prove until double in size and bake @200fan for 30 minutes can work (temperature and times are goog for my oven. Get to know your oven an adjust to suit)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Ah. Sadly, Graces7 has left the building.

Advertisement