Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

There'll be a blue black cancelation in Feb. I'll hold my order open till then as they don't refund deposits even if your waiting 7 months.

Might mean an extra car on the long boat from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Blue black would do me grand, but some people just want white interior, so white it is!

I'll get the excitement of getting a vin in my source code for 100 euro. Awful Tesla expireance thought it might be a new freshing approach but its a complete cluster ##$#!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

notwithstanding that everyone is an early adopter of new technology and therefore a bit more patient, I wonder how long before folks just cancel and move elsewhere, i.e they are no longer a ‘Tesla only’ buyer and just become a ‘car buyer’ again. it’s becoming a very competitive price category

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Welcome to the world of Tesla. You only need to go back through this thread and it is apparent this is the norm.

Demand has been steadily increasing year on year for the M3 so folks are not going elsewhere in any serious numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JD369

Im considering doing it alright, it may be worthwhile. I've been doing enquiries and the biggest hurdle so far seems to be finding decent company car insurance that isn't sky high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I think I red somewhere Polestar is coming to us next year. That might chip away some demand. But to be honest I doubt it. It may chip away more demand from S90/M3 or 5 series.

This morning driving to work I downloaded 40.6 software update which is poised to be a big thing adding way-points and alternative routes to navigation but also live streaming of built-in cameras. Now sitting at my desk I can choose to install it from the app. As Bjorn said "Because we are in 2021". Can anybody do that? Preconditioning before starting to charge. They just opened for most of the charging networks. All this little bits make the car better as it gets older. Others are just fixing things which are not working. Basic things like charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Just an FYI that the live streaming feature is US only for now. Will probably come here in a couple months unless there's some EU prevention going on

No issue with that my issue was waiting 4 months but people in the UK were getting the same spec in 4 days. Ireland got totally shafted in Q4 deliveries.

This morning driving to work I downloaded 40.6 software update which is poised to be a big thing adding way-points and alternative routes to navigation but also live streaming of built-in cameras

Adding in waypoints is way overdue but welcome at the same time. This combined with their mapping update from last week to include non-Tesla high speed charging this will be brilliant.

Being able to set your final destination & include charging along the way so the car will precondition the battery automatically.....its what sets Tesla apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Is it the wait time that's the issue? Thought all cars are delayed now? See plenty of chat about people waiting until next summer for Audi, Skoda, BMW etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

E insurance (powers) allow you to keep your NCB with Liberty if you are the beneficial owner e.g. own the company yourself

There wasn't many alternatives until recently, there is no single Tesla killers the pack is gathering.

Looking at the number of new models forecast to come to market over the next 18 months I would tend to agree. Especially once we see some of the established Chinese brands come to town with sharp prices (like the Koreans once did and the Japanese before them).

But at the same time I don't think buyers in large numbers at present are changing their minds based on wait times. As @MightyMunster pointed out, this affects all manufacturers.

But the M3 is extremely dominant at the moment globally. A notable size shipment landing in Perth in Aus considering EV uptake their is very low at present.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

LOL, looks like they be tight and going for the standard white

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

To be fair, most of the other colours are barely worth the money. Especially the crazy priced red.

Tesla badly need a few more options. Maybe a Lexus-style dark green or that snazzy purple Elon has on his Model S.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Looking at my bog standard White Model 3 on order 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think the white always stands out on the road and it's a nice sparkling white. The blue can look a bit dull unless kept clean.

In a strong sun country such as western Australia, the white makes sense imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

The white is easily the nicest colour for the Model 3, the dechrome refresh suits it well

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JD369

I'll check them out, thanks for the info. Do you have a link for them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Kearys look to have a 2019 Model 3 Performance Stealth, with EAP for sale, and they think it's just a LR... selling for €60k if anyone is interested....

(They've even noted in the 'Key Info' in the ad the 0-100 as 5.6s & range of 409km (which is the old SR+ time/range), thus confirming they know very little about the car!!).

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-3-long-range-dual-motor-awd-580km-ran/29660891

Either it's a P Stealth or the previous owner put the red line under the Dual Motor badge....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Thats my old car, they bought it off me a few weeks ago & yes its a M3 performance stealth, It has track mode, 0-60 in 3.2 secs, AWD, it doesn't have EAP, they were offered for a while back in 2019, it was called a performance base ( with out the PUP Performance upgrade) its a very capable car & very comfortable running on 18" wheels, doesn't have spoiler, 20" wheels or the red brake calipers, if anyone wants any further info on the car PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Makes me wonder if my car has gone up in value because mines a 2020 and that's roughly what I paid for mine. Running on 20's and 12k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

For the sake of argument, I disagree - here in Ireland anyway.

last year we had the first deliveries of m3 (notwithstanding the Nov/Dec ones in ‘19) and they had the market effectively to themselves, with 740 deliveries Jan-Dec. Plenty guys here were waiting years, loads of ‘Tesla-only’ buyers, so there was always going to be that demand, and many described trading out of older diesels, or far lower value cars, willing to spend more than ever before on a new Tesla - not a new car, a new Tesla.

this year the market had more than doubled (from 4000 to 8500 roughly), and Tesla have delivered 770 m3 YTD with 3 weeks left. Their chip issues weren’t as bad as other either. VW and others have arrived and created choice in the market - meanwhile Tesla effectively dropped the S and X here, rose the price of the bigger m3, and have effectively become a niche manufacturer here in Ireland for the foreseeable future.

look at the orders for the i4 m50 @ €80k+ - all those guys are going to have considered the cheaper M3P surely, or the orders for the Ev6, ioniq5, id4 tour etc etc etc in the competitive €45-50k price - Every one of them considered the M3, or were at least aware of it.

tesla have lost their early mover advantage here in Ireland in a matter of 12 months.

just imho! (But the sales numbers appear to support that)

100% agree with you they have increased their production significantly this year but not deliveries to Ireland. This has also to do with logistics it's easier to offload RHD in Southampton for the UK market rather than send on to zebrugge after and attempt to offload a mix of LHD & RHD in the same location. Their interest is serving the large market. I'd say if you had the UK delivery figures in that time frame would show a massive increase. What concerning also is all the promised new superchargers is there anything happening with them. Would make you think if Tesla see Ireland as a viable market at all.

Australian market is very interesting maybe due to the scale of the country and lack of the needed infrastructure. It's interesting that Toyota are still persuing a hydrogen fuel cell a bit more there than maybe it is in other countries. Aussies were always a bit different in the car choices. Only place the youth really caught on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesla haven't lost anything, they still sell ever car they produce and will for a long time to come.

It's just there's plenty of folk who don't know who Tesla are and want to stick with the brands they've known all their life.

And now they can get EVs of their chosen brands.

We're past the Nissan/Tesla days

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Actually I was responding (albeit not very clearly upon review of my own post) to your point about "I wonder how long before folks just cancel and move elsewhere"

My point was I dont think buyers are fed up waiting for an M3 and cancelling and going to other cars in droves for reasons I mentioned above. But I have no evidence to support this view and its just an opinion. However sales figures aren't evidence of this either.

As for Tesla becoming a niche manufacturer here, I think they always have been globally.

You also do a vinyl wrap for €1600-€1800 in the colour & finish of your choice, which is still cheaper than the red multi-coat. Plus you can always go back to the base colour anytime you wish.

There are some amazing ones on youtube - I think the mat black looks superb.

• Advertisement

They will if the number of Tesla's delivered doesn't increase. 800 odd cars a year here isn't exactly ground breaking.

Q1 delivers will be interesting as there didn't seem to be much delivered on Q4. Might see more jumping ship as at least some would have been happier getting a 22 reg over Dec 21 reg.

Advertisement