Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

So you jump ship only to go to the back of the line at another dealer?

Don't get me wrong. I am not advocating on behalf of Tesla here. There ordering process, IMHO, appears (at least to the consumer) as the most ad-hoc out there. This thread is full of stories attesting to this.

But in my mind most buyers who have decided to pull the trigger on an M3 will suffer the wait as opposed to cancelling an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Few more cars appearing in inventory this morning if anyone is considering altering their order. Still waiting for a standard one to get cancelled so I can jump on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Keep an eye on your app upgrades guys, Tesla have started to roll out the option to buy the heated Wheel and Rear seats in cars before Q4

Accidental double post!

I actually enquired about this the other day and was quoted 2,00-2,200 for the full wrap on a model 3. They recommended the Matt black you've posted! It looks quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

I've just gotten a text stating "There is still information missing from your Tesla Account. Please log in now to complete all steps listed" - However my account is all checked, am I missing something here?

Looking at the "Overview" option, it looks like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I take it that directed at me. I haven't technically jumped ship as I still have RN which will be 7 months old at the next delivery window.

As a brand they need to look at themselves placing themselves in premium they should have the premium customer expireance also. With the Internet and forum these days customers are informed about their practices. What got to me was people were given options for cars based on when and who they talked to, there no dealers here there should be consistency, if you waited as they requested you got nothing.

I'm not going to the back of any line I've secured another brands EV for January delivery have a vin waiting on reg.

If I'm paying 50+k for a car I expect a level of customer service and respect.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You could always buy the heated rear seats, in any SR+ iteration... for €300

Hopefully I can get the steering wheel also as I had mine replaced with a refresh steering wheel a while back.

Indeed, this is well known.

As per my screenshot it now states "includes heated steering wheel" in the image but It all depends when your model was produced and if the hardware is available. Anyone who has taken delivery in 2021 should hopefully get this option now

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

According to @tesla_adri on Twitter, M3 LR and Perf prices increased in Germany - €2K and €1K respectively. Wonder could we see a bump here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Rear hated seats are down to €200 (q4 2020 car).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

On the new superchargers, the answer is yes. Cork and Tralee opened this year. Enfield is pretty much ready, could open this month. Athenry and Sandyford have started construction so should be open in Q1. Tesla have more high powered chargers than everyone else put together on the island. Also they are actively looking for more sites.

Look at FB groups for EVs and half the posts are people giving out about broken chargers, hogging chargers, queues at chargers. All things you don't need to worry about with supercharging. You can happily arrive with 5% charge and know by the time you've been to the toilet and ordered your coffee/lunch the car will be over 70% full. A new BMW i4 (for example) driver is in for a far inferior ownership experience if they are traveling regularly beyond the range of their car

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I test drove the model 3 yesterday as they wouldn't let me drive the Y

Really loved it but could hear a fair bit of wind noise on the wexford road from sandyford, audi etron much quiter but in truth I didn't get to test the audi on a motorway at 140km per hour

Anyone find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Try the Kona. M3 will seem a sensory tank. Didn't try the etron as it costs as much as both Kona and M3 together. Bjorn does road nosie test in his videos so you can get a semi scientific answer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just on the "actively looking", they've been doing that since 2017, hey I'm loving all these SuC but gotta call out Tesla when they deserted us for nearly 4 years re new SuC

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

Does a wrap actually only cost 1,600ish? In that case getting the white and wrapping seems the best thing to do. Matte black or matte grey for me.

We live on small island why would you need to charge a car twice to 80% in one day with around a 400km range. Overnight charging would work fine and 15 minute charge on standard charger would be enough to build range to destanation. Those chargers have been coming soon for over 2 years now.

Where is the charger started in athenry I live close and seen nothing yet? In addition to that I have 8 public chargers with 10 minute one is up to 150kw.

I have a charger at home and at work so should be grand.

Final point I would think Tesla chargers will be open to other cars in the near future. They've done that already in the Netherlands as far as I know.

heres the work started in Athenry;

Is it being built in a housing estate in the town? There's loads of space just off the motorway near Burke's tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hotel grounds

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

That's mad a good 2km off the motorway I thought they were just putting a destination charger there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Any idea when the Enfield SC will be up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I think it just happened. 65.5k LR. I may be wrong but last week was 64.5k

I was quoted €1722 (€1400 + VAT) back in Nov 20. Also depends on the grade & finish of the film used. If there's been increased demand then not surprising if prices have risen.

Its not a great area in terms of options in general. But worth noting it not only serves the M6, but also the M17/M18 as well.

Yeah I'd happily take a 2km detour off the motorway than play eCars lottery in Galway Plaza...

Low enough SoC% too and you'll more than make back that 4km detour in time charging at a SuC.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 orin_jj

Still no delivery date for my LR. I can see the VIN in the source code within my Tesla Account.

Any other inventory purchases set for Q4 still awaiting a delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Model 3 was the 3rd best selling car in the UK in November, 3077 registered.

https://www.smmt.co.uk/2021/12/battery-ev-uptake-doubles-but-new-car-market-remains-well-adrift-of-pre-pandemic-levels/

December should be pretty big too I'd say.

• Advertisement

Maybe not as bad now as there's a new road via presentation college. I did a lot of sitting in traffic there before that as you had to cross the Dublin Galway train line before the hotel and the gates took ages.

Advertisement