Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Preconditionig is not for the light hearted

Is the highest consumption rate I've ever seen on this car. I won't probably use it unless for Ionity or SuC or maybe J14 but not on SPOF locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

+1

LR is quicker and has more grip because of AWD. Apart from that it's not much more than an overpriced SR+

P is a different beast altogether

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

New +5kWh pack and chemistry offering good upgrade and reducing the range differential to the LR version though.

What I will say is the "ordinary" sound system is pants compared to premium

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

Must say since I've done the acceleration boost on my 2020 LR, it feels, as far as I can tell driving it, exactly like the Perf that I had on loan for a few days recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

1x RWD model 3 just appeared in stock.

Silver, 19” alloys and white interior (€54,155)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That’s the guy (a Boardsie) who cancelled his SR order last week and swapped it for a black Performance.

Also this FSD ex-demo bargain 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Na not mine my order, was grey with black interior and aero wheels, looks like it's gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

Bizarre. About €8k above a brand new LR with no FSD roughly, and 10,000km of demo driver miles on the clock?!

Some naive person is about to get rolled.

FSD is going to depreciate like any other extra here on Irish roads where it’s usage is just so limited over what you get as standard; and if it ever became useful here in the lifetime of the car, it can be added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

I'm getting the following when logging into my account, previously I didn't have a delivery date and it was estimated to be Feb '22.

Is the 15th of January date accurate? I'd need to get moving on a few things if it is.

I have the exact same message on my account, I told them I wouldn’t be ready to take a delivery in December and they put it on hold.

Jan 15th won’t be the delivery date, more likely March

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

When were Esb and IONITY charge points added to the Tesla map ? I never used the feature much, but noticed yesterday the addition of both …. Saves using zap map

also noticed sandyford supercharger is finally under construction

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Was up there at the weekend - seems like good progress already but its a very tight site so can understand why there is only 4 supercharger spaces being built. Trench is dug anyway and probably wont take long to drop the cabinets in and connect up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Non-Tesla chargers added to mapping about a month ago. That combined with new waypoints feature is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Oooh got 2021.44.25.2 overnight, greeted with "Introducing Software Version V11" splash screen, loads of new stuff. A more intuitive, flexible UI. Light Show is cool but could not turn the show up at full volume at 8am this morning 😊. Will try out Sonic the Hedgehog later, take me back to my youth.

Also, they used this update to roll out "Live Sentry View" feature on app (iOS anyway, not sure about Android?) outside of US, works well.

EDIT: and blind spot camera is cool too

Post edited by mobyduck on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Just got the update. It's working on Android as well , but who cares because I have some Sonic to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ah lads what the fcuk has gone on with the new update. They've made a balls of it.

Can find nothing now. Can't find the wiper icon. Rear seat heating is through a new menu. They have royally fcuked this up.

Edit...found the wipers. Now you've no wiper icon. You have to click the car icon to bring up a sub menu to get the wipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Or tap the end of the left stalk. Or right scroll wheel and say wipers on/off/faster/slower etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

All the once touch icons at the bottom of the screen are gone. Why?

Battery percentage at the end of the trip can no longer be found with one swipe down. You've to constantly keep scrolling through all the directions until you get to the end of the trip.

It's poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

My mobile app has changed units to miles and farenheit. Anybody know how to change it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

So apparently my M3 RWD will be arriving in Feb/March. Hopefully that will be the case as I'm ready to roll now. I'm 6'3 and we have 2 of the chunky rear facing child seats in our cars. Does any body have any feedback on space? The Kia EV6 is catching my eye and if Tesla keep pushing my order back then I'm thinking about other options. Any feedback on the space would be great please. I know I could visit Sandyford but that is not an option at the moment. One of the kids might be able to 'graduate' to the next type of carseat son which I'm hoping will be less bulky

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Where do you live? I’m sure an M3 owner on this forum who lives not too far from you could let you test out the configuration. I’m thinking no issues width-wise for 2 chunky car seats, just don’t try to fit a third kid in the middle 🙂 between them. True of most cars. And I’m guessing no issues with getting one in behind your driving position but best to check.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2 chunky car seats in the rear will mean the middle seat can’t be used.

someone posted pics on the Tesla owners Fb Group last week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There was a bug thaw last week which near all the uk owners had km on their apps. Seemly fixed this morning.

maybe similar bug. Delete and reinstall and make sure the car is set to km too.

Here’s a single booster seat in the back of my Model 3.

I wouldn’t see any issue in getting 2 big seats into the back of the car, but as was mentioned, this would mean the middle seat is unusable… (even with 1 booster in the back, the middle seat would be unusable by an adult).

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Same size as you and upgrading my car as car seats for 2 & 5 year old not ideal. I took M3 for a test drive few months ago and fitted a child seat and was more room but they'd be still kicking the front seat. Get on to customer service for a test event.

Was looking at Ioniq 5 ( loads of room and Kia will have similar) in August but put an order in for a Tesla as told would be delivered sept.

Now its delayed until march so I've ordered a Ioniq 5 few weeks ago for Jan delivery (have Vin and is in the country).

From what I can see if your ok with a white, black or grey M3 you may get in March. If you order anything like blue (my order) or red you'll be waiting.

Based on my Tesla ordering experience I'd go with the Kia.

Post edited by podge1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Did a bit of driving during the Christmas.... The majority 212 Tesla's I saw were white looks like that's what Tesla are "pushing" customers to buy.

• Advertisement

Or because white is the cheapest one to buy……

Advertisement