Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That video was posted 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

That video was posted 2 days ago.

Oops. Sorry for not paying more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

I'll just leave this here for those still thinking FSD will not work in the rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHZziKzcuHU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

How's the price of a Model 3 Performance going next year, with the new rules?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

rocky wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Down slightly (2k or so).

Best time to buy will be Q1. You get the lower VAT and lower VRT. Normal VAT resumes from Q2 '21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

ELM327 wrote: »
    Down slightly (2k or so).

Best time to buy will be Q1. You get the lower VAT and lower VRT. Normal VAT resumes from Q2 '21

Hi I have asked before but perhaps you would confirm the invoice date when you purchased your Tesla was it when you ordered or when you collected?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

I picked mine up in September (M3P), final invoice cost is the same as showing on the Tesla website now. However I think in January the €5,000 grant is lowering once over 40k and nothing when it goes over €50k, but VRT is half what it would be from 2020

So add €5k to all model 3’s as they all exceed €50k before grants and the half the VRT Which instead of 6k is now 3. Over all could be €2k more expensive in Jan and more so again when the VAT rate is back to 23%

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

"Because taxes and fees are constantly changing and will depend on many factors, such as where you register the Vehicle, they wil be calculated closer to the time of delivery and indicated on your Final Price Sheet. You are responsible for paying these taxes and fees."

Above is from the Order Agreement. You'll be told a week or so before collection what your final price will be

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Seth!

rocky wrote: »
    Thanks.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115208865&postcount=288

Estimated delivery is February so before vat goes back up - was it mentioned here before that deliveries are end of quarter? What are the odds of getting the 21% vat?

• Advertisement

Estimated delivery is February so before vat goes back up - was it mentioned here before that deliveries are end of quarter? What are the odds of getting the 21% vat?

If your planning on ordering this is really a moot point . Delivery estimate says February. If you order you may get your car inside the Vat bracket .If you wait longer any period of time longer you are less likely to be inside the Vat bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Out of interest got a trade in valuation for my 1 year old Performance against a new one. Given history of low trade in offers from Tesla I was pleasantly surprised at €54k.

Price of a new Performance is a lot dearer than last year now though (company purchase) - not just the €3.5k grant loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

nc6000 wrote: »
    I really like the changes they've made with the 2021 model. Does anyone know if the new Aero wheels covers can be taken off like before or if they're still using the same type wheel underneath them?

This guy has a second video up....looks like the wheels are the same behind the new Aero covers......

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

I'm looking to trade in an ICE car for a Model 3 SR+ but not familiar with how Tesla deals with trade ins and evaluations. What is the best approach to this please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eko wrote: »
    I'm looking to trade in an ICE car for a Model 3 SR+ but not familiar with how Tesla deals with trade ins and evaluations. What is the best approach to this please? Thanks!

sell it privately, Tesla will completely low ball it as they just offer it to other dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

1,000% you'll need to sell privately, unless you can afford to take a hit of a good few grand (depending on what you are selling).

If what you are selling is worth about €20,000 privately, Tesla will probably offer you in or around €12,000 for it...

(Dont be insulted by their low ball offer, as they do not deal with used ICE cars, they simply offer it out to the trade, and give you the highest offer they received for it)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

I just got a trade-in quote on my Tesla and it was also stupidly low. Still over 1,000 times higher than my ICE one though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Fill out the form here : https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/tradein

Be prepared to loose several grand on the deal.

But given you may be trying to sell your car during a level 5 lockdown.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Thanks for all the replies, very useful indeed! Yeah, selling during this time might be a bit of an ask, and hoping to jump into an SR+ before the VRT and VAT changes after Q1 2021. I got a trade-in quote from VW on an ID.3 (sorry!) which was not too bad, so hoping for similar from Tesla, but from what you guys say, this is probably unlikely. Thanks again!

Thanks for all the replies, very useful indeed! Yeah, selling during this time might be a bit of an ask, and hoping to jump into an SR+ before the VRT and VAT changes after Q1 2021. I got a trade-in quote from VW on an ID.3 (sorry!) which was not too bad, so hoping for similar from Tesla, but from what you guys say, this is probably unlikely. Thanks again!

Don't forget to use a referral if your ordering . Will get you and the referer some free superchargering km.

PM if need a code

• Advertisement

I’m sorry I didn’t order already I thought I might get stuck with a 2020 car but now it looks like you will get hit with the vrt/vat changes as I doubt they will deliver before end of February.

I’m sorry I didn’t order already I thought I might get stuck with a 2020 car but now it looks like you will get hit with the vrt/vat changes as I doubt they will deliver before end of February.

I declined the 8th December delivery and they told me it would be mid February.
    Nothing with Tesla is certain but I think you'll get the same delivery window

J-W wrote: »
    I declined the 8th December delivery and they told me it would be mid February.
    Nothing with Tesla is certain but I think you'll get the same delivery window

Many thanks for that, I was sure I saw something about only end of quarter deliveries. Early Christmas present to me from me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

There is still unallocated cars in transit for Q4.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Dozz

Does anyone know, upto what point can I cancel my order?
    I have placed an order in the belief that it will be delivered before March 1st. If the delivery is pushed out to March (vat going back up to 23%) can I cancel my order then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Dozz wrote: »
    Does anyone know, upto what point can I cancel my order?
    I have placed an order in the belief that it will be delivered before March 1st. If the delivery is pushed out to March (vat going back up to 23%) can I cancel my order then?

You can but you will lose the deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

Does anyone know why there’s inventory available on the UK site but none on the Irish one? I thought they share stock and they are on the same shipments out of San Francisco?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Bobjs wrote: »
    Does anyone know why there’s inventory available on the UK site but none on the Irish one? I thought they share stock and they are on the same shipments out of San Francisco?

Probably to prioritise/maximise UK sales if/before they leave the EU on December 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

When I ordered mine, my car didn’t show up on the website in stock on the Ireland site, but they were able to access it and send me a link to order it. I could see it on the uk inventory and it disappeared from there as soon as I placed my order. So it’s worth speaking to the sales guys and they will be able to tell you if they can access a car that you are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Get onto Tesla Dublin, explain there is stock in the UK you might like. They have helped people out in the past bringing uk stock over. Drop me a pm if you want a contact.

Advertisement