Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Here's the table with WLTP range adjustments, if I was buying a M3 then it would be the RWD so no impact

• Model 3 RWD (no changes)
    • 18" wheels: 510 km (317 miles)
    • 19" wheels: 491 km (305 miles)
    • Model 3 LR AWD
    • 18" wheels: 626 km (389 miles), down by 11 km or 1.7% from 637 km
    • 19" wheels: 602 km (374 miles), down by 12 km or 2.0% from 614 km
    • Model 3 Performance
    • 20" wheels: 547 km (340 miles), down by 20 km or 3.5% from 567 km

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Actually makes me wonder if such a big upgrade in the CPU is warranted given the range hit, as the infotainment system probably wont be able to take full advantage of its processing power.

Then again, I could ask the same question of myself as I once owned a Landrover Discovery with a 4.0L petrol V8.

Must be anticipating longer queues/waits at SuC after they get opened up, gotta kill that waiting time somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Its unlikely to be pulling full wattage at all times that the car is in use which reduces the impact as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

They actually got in touch after lunch today, so I've got the ball rolling on it. I've asked for a trade in offer on my car (192 530e) so we'll see what they come back with. I got a pretty strong price from zucar on it (they matched the best trade in price I got against an EV6) - has anyone got any recommendations on those services? I've going to give webuycars.ie a try as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What have they done with the UI, it's absolutely abysmal now.

I just had a run in with a guard who pulled me over and incorrectly accused me of running a red light. Thankfully I was able to pull up the dashcam footage and make him watch it after which he eventually backed down but he didn't seem happy about it and I absolutely do not trust that I'll never hear about this again. There used to be a little icon in the top left corner that you hit once and it saved the last 10 minutes footage, gone. I looked and looked and couldn't find anywhere in the dashcam app the ensure the last X minutes footage had been saved. I had to just pull the SD card out when I got home and hope it was there, there was a series of one minute video in a recents folder that thankfully the footage was on. An absolutely massive step backwards in user experience however, they've made such a mess of the whole UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That must have been very frustrating with the garda standing there pissed off and you going through settings telling him wait I will find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Thankfully getting the footage up was easy and was able to show him before he'd officially done anything, just making sure it had saved permanently afterwards was the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Sucks but as a quick and dirty solution record the footage with your mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Its located on the CONTROLS screen

Not ideal but all major controls are located here now. Also check your dashcam settings located under the Safety Menu - I always ensure the setting that saves the most recent recording by honking the horn is on.

Worthwhile taking 10-15 minutes after a major update to go through all of the menus and locations so your not messing around in a pressure situation like an accident or an over-zealous Garda breathing down your neck. Glad to hear you were able to show them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I use vocal command "save clip". Unless he's browsing boards he knows you have the footage so he'll drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I keep banging the drum about the latest UI update. They've made a balls of it.

All the some 1 touch icons are now in a sub menu which needs 2 touches. Even the fan speed now is no longer plus or minus, but a stupid sliding bar.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah the fan speed is one that’s really annoying me….

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Poking Tesla chat for a delivery estimate: “possibly between February 15th and 21st”

No text / official delivery window yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32 unabashed_goldfish

Might be a silly question but presumably you'll get a VIN with just the 100 euro deposit paid? Not sure if I'm just being impatient or whether I need to cough up more money to be matched with a car 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Practically every time I drive now.

Ignore the 30kmh zone...it's 50 but the car seems to think otherwise.

I've tried to reset the screen but I keep getting the spinning wheel and no display, and it stays like this forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Did you reset it? Sometimes it happens that Spotify not to respond because I left it running in the house on a speaker. For me the dash app is acting out. I really need to clean the HDD. I have clips from June last on it. It takes ages to launch and I don't see the controls to scroll the video.

I also miss the icons on the top. Now I don't know if it is connected to wifi, if it is recording or not.

Tried resetting it loads of times but it keeps going back to the spinning wheel and the loading sign.

Good shout on it running somewhere else because I listen to it a lot on my phone which is in.....the car!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

This is great to see this! I have my vin and they mentioned mid feb to late feb so hopefully this all plays out.

current insurance expires on the 13th of feb though which puts me in a bit of a bind. I’ll have to renew on the current car and then probably switch it a week or so later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

When searching the source code page for VIN, is it "5YJ" I'm searching for as per some online guide or is it different now? All I'm seeing on that page is my Model S trade in VIN... I'm getting itchy seeing other people being allocated VIN's when I ordered Sept 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

If it’s a model 3 order, search LRW

LRW = made in China

5YJ = made in Fremont

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

If you're expecting a car Made in China, then you'll be searching for "LRW".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Drove a M3 last Wednesday at Cork Pop-Up, most impressed. Fella there was very knowledgeable and helpful. No one else booked and arrived early so he said no hurry, went out to Kinsale and back roads around airport for a good test on all surfaces and speeds.

Instantly felt at home, even the speedo on right of central screen felt fine. Indicators take a little bit of getting used to, they don't self-centre normally but got the knack after the first turn or so. Only negative for me was my right foot was a bit sore after driving for about an hour and a half, apparently there now is no option of regen, only one fairly strong level. I am used now to low or zero regen options where the anchors aren't thrown out every time you cover the brake pedal.

The car only had about 700km on it, was the MIC with new Iron battery🙂 but with the older more powerful motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I find that I pretty much never use the brakes at all. Keep the right foot on the accelerator all the time. It will Regen more or less depending on how hard you're pressing, it doesn't have to be fully off. You get used to it very quickly and it's much easier than having to use 2pedals all the time. As the Regen is quite strong I find you don't really need to cover the brake mike in my previous cars as by the time you'd move your foot it's already braked a good bit anyway.

Yeah, single pedal driving in the Model 3 is immense.

never even have to cover the brake pedal. Might take a day or so of getting used to it for someone that hasn’t used it before, but it’s probably one of my favourite driving aspects of the Model 3.

@eagerv would you be tempted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Being driving cars with strong regen for last few years, well used to it. But still don't like it..

Advertisement