Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

1770 tesla model 3s sold here since 2019, so 39 model 3s for sale would be normal enough I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I asked Tesla for a price for mine.

2020 M3P with 20k on it. If it wasn't too expensive I'd think about going for the newer long range model.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Newoven

I clarified this with Tesla this week. They said;

Payment must be cleared our end at least 7 days ahead of your collection at the latest to give us time to register your new Tesla and complete invoicing. 

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

My brother and I both have 2021 cars, his is a Tesla and mine is a BMW,

I have had zero issues.

The list of issues he has had with the Tesla are endless, from bad paint work to Ill fitting panels, the list is endless.

Chinese build quality 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Yep but for a long time and up to very recently there was hardly any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

It looks like your range is about 275km if your battery was at 100% when last charged. How would that compare to your normal range with that battery?

Most other cars seem to record total kWh used incl battery heating, cabin heating etc. Does the M3 not do similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

In fairness they have improved a lot but just a quick Google search of "Tesla recalls" will show its far from solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Surprised to hear that, I've a 2020 Fremont Model 3 and never had any issues with it and if I believed everything I read online it would be in the garage every other week 🙂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

2022 and an OTA update is now being called a recalL 🧐🧐

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Would normally be getting over 300-350 per charge but I understand that won't be the case when the weather is colder.

What I can't understand is that I'm ment to have 52.5kWh available to me but looking at that screen its only giving me 44kWh.

Have only ever used a super charger once. All my charging is in work (11kw) and at home and I also charge to 100% at least once a week since I got the car.

Post edited by Dozz on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Contact the Service Centre, they can run remote diagnostics on your usage and advise back

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Thanks @slave1 will do that.

I was just wondering if anyone with an SR+ MIC was seeing the same?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Also, if you buy an ELM reader and cabling then you can look at your available battery size yourself along with ScanMyTesla app. Bjorn uses this all the time on his Tesla vids on YouTube

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

They say that alright but once its in 2 working days before pickup its normally fine. I think I picked up the Friday and my final payment cleared the Wed - just in case you are under pressure.

Yeah I'd say the 7 day thing is to give more than enough time for transfers to process in from different banks etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

How long between last charge and the picture was taken? Was it all in one day?

No. Probably charged to 100% on the Friday and that was the Tuesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭wassie

Does Tesla count the vampire drain in trip stats? You may have lost 3-5 kWh or more from Fri to Tue just from being parked.

• Advertisement

Would that not show up as a 5-10% drop on the battery indicator?

If so it's definitely not that.

No it's definitely not that as I have a good idea of what the % is when I park it up and when I'm driving it again.

Thanks though 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Current owners, whats your minimum SoC before you start getting anxious? I'm planning on a lot of driving when I get my car and can already feel myself getting anxious below 20%, and I haven't even got it yet. Is range anxiety common at the start? (First ever EV)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Any machine washes that won't destroy the paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭wassie

You'll get over that. Tesla's battery management software is arguably the best in the business.

You have 2 great tools at your disposal:

1. The trip energy meter is extremely accurate - I rely on it for longer journeys (~40k km last year).
    2. Navigation / mapping - even better since waypoints & 3rd party chargers have been added to the maps.

I occasionally arrive at chargers <10%. I've even had a couple of occasions of arriving at 1% due to faulty chargers along the motorway (I was a little nervous but the trip energy meter showed I would make it). The key is if you are running seriously low is to slow down. The slower you go the more efficient that car is and you will increase your range. I'll generally modify my driving style if the car predicts I will be arriving <5% - others maybe more conservative than this.

My biggest influence on SoC is trying to keep within the ranges as outlined in the owners manual under battery care - follow this to maintain battery in optimal condition. There are a lot of opinions out there on this, but the one that counts is that of the manufacturer.

I found it useful to do a couple of long runs and have the trip energy meter displayed and vary my driving style - you get a a great graphical representation of how driving style impacts upon battery range as it will show actual vs predicted battery consumption for the whole trip.

Tip: Set your battery/range meter to show as a % and not km remaining (range). Think of it in the same way as looking at a fuel gauge - the faster you drive, the faster your fuel gauge/battery remaining drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

How many current owners got a PPF / ceramic treatment as soon as possible? You reckon it's worth it?

I'd echo what @wassie said...

My 1st EV and never once felt the so called 'range anxiety'. The Tesla trip meter/predicted SoC on arrival is absolutely spot on. Lowest I think I've ever arrived at a SuperCharger was 17%, and as it was a SuperCharger, there was no panic whatsoever.. actually hammered it a bit harder to try and arrive at an even lower SoC.

Now once I go out beyond SuC coverage, and have to rely on eCars, I'd tend to be a little bit more cautious, and try and drive in a self imposed 'chill mode' , I'd also take any opportunistic charges I could get along the way if say stopping for a snack/toilet break etc... as it's always in the back of my mind that the next charger I plan to use could either be busy, or broken... It's a strategy that's served me well so far...

Give it another year or 2, and a few more SuC sites get announced and installed, and you'll never ever have to worry about it. Also bear in mind your Model 3 (even if only the RWD version) will have about an extra 100km of WLTP range than my (409km WLTP) version... all that equals no issues. As I've been saying in the SuC thread, another 3-4-5 SuC sites strategically located, and the entire island will be covered by SuC's, and you'd never have to rely on eCars again*

*not saying you'd never use eCars, but just never need to when it counts.

Didn't do anything. The car has a few small chips and marks here and there, hardly noticeable after a wash unless you're closely inspecting it.

Do they bother me? Probably not really. Life's too short to be getting concerned about things like that!

The first one though is alway the worst, and most difficult to accept, but then after that it's like 'whatever!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Our June 2021 MIC with 26k ODO hasn't even got a single stone chip so far and the paint quality is excellent, but I'm really careful and do pressure/hand washes only. I have given it a wax twice including the second time with something that claims to be a ceramic wax. I also applied the stone chip film at the rear sills when the car was new.

But so far I have been pleasantly surprised of the paint quality. It's real difficult to keep a white car looking decently clean in winter though. Come spring it will time for clay and an application of that ceramic wax.

Advertisement