Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Get onto Tesla Dublin, explain there is stock in the UK you might like. They have helped people out in the past bringing uk stock over. Drop me a pm if you want a contact.

It's ordered through a lease company so I'm depending on them. Rang Tesla directly and found them not the most reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Ah ok. The middle party makes it a bit different alright. Hopefully something will turn up

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

Bobjs wrote: »
    It's ordered through a lease company so I'm depending on them. Rang Tesla directly and found them not the most reliable.

Mine was through Merrion Fleet, but Tesla Dublin suggested placing a deposit on one myself (there was only one left in inventory (in the UK inventory) and then I placed an order with Merrion and then Tesla transferred the car I had reserved to Merrion’s order and refunded my €100. They said worst case is I don’t go ahead and I lose €100, but it secured the car I wanted before someone else ordered it. Seemed like it was a standard enough approach for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bobjs

Keggers74 wrote: »
    Mine was through Merrion Fleet, but Tesla Dublin suggested placing a deposit on one myself (there was only one left in inventory (in the UK inventory) and then I placed an order with Merrion and then Tesla transferred the car I had reserved to Merrion’s order and refunded my €100. They said worst case is I don’t go ahead and I lose €100, but it secured the car I wanted before someone else ordered it. Seemed like it was a standard enough approach for them.

Cheers - I might try that!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

Cheers - I might try that!

Just make sure you get them to give you an Irish link to the car first (Tesla Dublin sent this to me) rather than buying from the UK site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

sell it privately, Tesla will completely low ball it as they just offer it to other dealers.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback on this; you were all correct, of course. The trade in quote I got from Tesla was 7k less compared to the quote from a VW dealership I got. It's a pity, but I couldn't walk away from 7k regardless of how much I liked the Model 3 more, and selling privately right now is not a goer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If you order a Model 3 now, you're looking at about a 3 month wait to get the car, which means you have 3 months to sell the current car..

Worst case is you dont sell it for what you need to sell it for, and lose your €100 deposit with Tesla...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Not sure if you have seen one of the latest FSD beta videos from the US. https://youtu.be/fUC9KyO91Pg

It seems to remove concerns about it working on Irish roads when regulators allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Same as there paint jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

Anyone know what's the situation with the sandyford supercharger ? I heard it was waiting in planning permission, but can't find the application online

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone know what's the situation with the sandyford supercharger ? I heard it was waiting in planning permission, but can't find the application online

Cheers

Nothing to do with planning.
    I’d say the unit they took doesn’t have the power supply or something like that.

There’s many “waiting on planning” by Tesla, not the planning system here.

Well hopefully the paint on the Chinese built cars is a lot better because I wouldn't like to pay nearly 50K for a car with too many imperfections.

Was there not talks of a Tesla factory somewhere east of Berlin I heard Musk went to visit Merkel and the whole thing stuck in the claw of VW

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

mouthful wrote: »
    Not sure if you have seen one of the latest FSD beta videos from the US. https://youtu.be/fUC9KyO91Pg

It seems to remove concerns about it working on Irish roads when regulators allow.

Impressive, any idea when the beta is available here?

What the thoughts on the best colour to hold its paint job? Scratches least I guess. Do people really consider a paint job or is it a wrap?

What the thoughts on the best colour to hold its paint job? Scratches least I guess. Do people really consider a paint job or is it a wrap?

White hides a lot to the casual observer. Same as silver. But those that know will see defects and swirls in all paint colours.

The darker you go the more noticeable desires and small scratches will be.

Was there not talks of a Tesla factory somewhere east of Berlin I heard Musk went to visit Merkel and the whole thing stuck in the claw of VW

GigaBerlin

532878.jpeg

It’s coming along nicely, and is where European Model Y’s will be built.

Impressive, any idea when the beta is available here?

Norway and Canada next, we will not get it before the regulations allow, next meeting to discuss is in March 2021

I’ve just noticed condensation forming in all 4 rear light fittings!!

I’ve already had 1 replaced by the Ranger so not impressed to see the condensation returning, but in all 4 lenses

GigaBerlin

532878.jpeg

It’s coming along nicely, and is where European Model Y’s will be built.

Will this bring down there price for Europe?
    Will there be a substantial improvement in there build quality now their up against the big hitters here.

Norway and Canada next, we will not get it before the regulations allow, next meeting to discuss is in March 2021

Thanks man where/how do you follow this?

• Advertisement

I’ve just noticed condensation forming in all 4 rear light fittings!!

I’ve already had 1 replaced by the Ranger so not impressed to see the condensation returning, but in all 4 lenses

On an ice vehicle the solution to that to drill tiny holes in each.

They really should have some sort of ventilation system built in especially if the lights are LEDs and don’t create much heat but I guess they’ve not thought of that like the half arsed paint job.

Thanks man where/how do you follow this?

This guy puts out some informative videos https://youtu.be/ooB4f2j0xLY

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

Just put a deposit down on a M3LR using a referal code. Do I need to confirm how I will pay for the car now or okay to do it later? Anything else required?

It is saying expected in Feb, do people think its realistic? Noted comments on VRT and VAT changing Q2.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

And this one too perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaRWlFswgbs
    On an ice vehicle the solution to that to drill tiny holes in each.

Mine have small holes in them from the factory.

The posted picture earlier is only a small part of the Berlin factory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRab3_UrMj4

Austin is shaping up to be even more impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Time to source 1st EV insurance. Any advice or good price / service stories.

Do you click extras like windscreen cover ?.
    Can the company's Irish insurers outsource supply a Model 3 windscreen ?

J-W wrote: »
    Time to source 1st EV insurance. Any advice or good price / service stories.

Do you click extras like windscreen cover ?.
    Can the company's Irish insurers outsource supply a Model 3 windscreen ?

Insurance is a mine field. One company can be great for me and bad for you.
    The only advice people can give is to ring them all. No other option.

Always get windscreen. It’s beyond me why people don’t. One chip and it’s paid for itself.

I had my MS screen done this year by Allglass in Santry. Tesla outsource it too. They don’t replace it themselves. Allglass have stock of oem Tesla glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Thanks Gumbo .
    I do the search every year really p's me off that the company your with always trys to rip you off every renewal.
    Am asking coz if someone had good advice about one company or another from personal experience I would probably pay a bit more for that company if they weren't the cheapest.

I always get windscreen and have had to use it 3 times. Was wondering if even after I ticked it they'd be like "sorry we don't support that you'll have to go to Tesla".
    Glad to hear they can be sourced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

They are starting to arrive in the UK over last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Not mad on that chrome delete. Blue and black are not natural partners and now they clash more, whereas the earlier chrome finish (not sure how durable it is but it looked well) does not clash with most darker matte colours. Do they save money by skipping on the chrome finish? Can you just remove the wrap and regain the metallic finish?

Advertisement