Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭wassie

My M3 is a high miler doing a lot of motorway trips. Stonechips to my front end, bug-paint in summer and tar on the sides is unavoidable. A PPF/ceramic coat may reduce it, but it would not eliminate it. I die a little death whenever I have to pass the gritter on the motorway at 100kmh+. In a couple of years I'll do a bumper & bonnet respray for similar money. Might even to do a wrap at same time.

I use an acrylic sealant called 'Klasse' which was about €30/500ml and I should get 3-4 treatments. I apply that annually after a clay bar for the tar & crap. Ive just the standard white also. Whilst shows the dirt, it is sooo much easier to maintain than any other colour as scratches polish right out. The acrylic sealant is better than a wax and more long lasting, but requires more effort to apply. Does a solid job of shedding water. Ceramic coat would be quite a step up in terms of protection and durability, but the price difference is disproportionate.

IMHO it will depend very much on your own circumstances & usage. I get why peeps want to protect their car if they are prepared to spend the time maintaining. Im prepared to do a bit as I like the car looking good, but I only do the bare minimum - Ive been thankful for the relatively dry winter thus far.

But I do think who ever coined the term 'ceramic coat' was a marketing genius given there are zero 'ceramic' properties in what are effectively polysiloxane polymer coatings with nano sized silica particles.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Few model 3’s beginning to show up in the inventory if anyone wants to get matched to one:

What kind of price does a model 3 come in at if you buy it through your company?

Say the long range model with self driving at €76,600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

That's the exact spec I already ordered. Ordered on 29 Jan, no delivery details yet. Surely they would match this to existing orders?

Call them and ask to be matched to it / better yet place another €100 deposit on this one to guarantee you get it sooner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

"VesselName":"GRANDE CALIFORNIA" in the source code for that car in inventory which arrives in zeebrugge today/tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Previous winners last couple of years like Honda e and Jag I pace wouldn't stand out as winners to me anyway. How's the cold air only remote preheating working out? 🥶

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Don’t wait for them to match you….. you’ve already ordered yours, so they’d be hoping a new buyer comes in for that car.

this is how I got mine 2 years ago… ordered on Jan 18th, and then about a week later the same spec showed up in inventory, so a few calls & emails and they matched it to my order. Collected on March 13th

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

seems to be gone. Hope you picked it up! Few LRs and performance in there. No SRs

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I snapped that one up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Well done. It is the same spec as one I ordered. I had emailed them late last night early morning but its now too late. The early bird catches the worm!

You snooze, you lose...

Keep checking though, as more and more will be popping up here and there. Cancelled orders from here, U.K. etc.. and even just extra cars on the boat..

They told me there are always extra cars in each ship that are destined to go straight to inventory. The idea being if cars randomly pop up on the site with almost immediate availability (in U.K.), they could shift them easily, but at the same time they'll happily match them to existing orders. You just need to act fast.

At one stage a few years ago, cars were showing up in inventory, and gone 30 minutes later!

So you need to call them to match? If you place the 100 to secure inventory does that mean your 100 from earlier order is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

Only 2 of the 39 are private, and the rest are in the €48-52k range for any of the early 2020 models.

It’s absolutely bizarre - who is buying these 2020’s and do they know the wait for the newer better version is only a few months, for the same money, or if you grab one from inventory it’s even quicker??

There are probably buyers out there with a complete lack of knowledge.

There's probably still a perception out there that Tesla's are 70k-80k cars, so when Mick goes down to his local garage to trade up his 2016 tdi, and suddenly sees a Tesla on the forecourt for 48-50k and goes over to have a look, then Swiss Toni appears...

.. and the deal is done.

Then Mick goes home in his new Tesla and googles Tesla.

Yea one of the neighbours just picked up a 192. Wonder how much he paid for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lewis motors have a lovely blue 2020 performance gone up for sale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

€66k.

Assuming it’s Just under 2 years old, and it was about €80k new (it says it has FSD, not that that matters any more), it’s probably not too bad a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

How's that attitude problem working out for you. Do you work for Tesla or something? I've no gripe with the model 3 great car its Tesla's way of working that's the issue.

I don't know what your on about kid my car is nice and toasty every morning I hop in.

Also be a dear and send on the article your quoting instead of screen grabbing certain parts and ignoring the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 unabashed_goldfish

White rwd with sports wheel in inventory now.

• Advertisement

Actually, four up there now. Hoping I'll be able to nab a grey one if it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Was in the pop up store in Mahon this morning, was told this shipment in February is the biggest they've had yet at 600~ cars.

Met a lovely owner outside and was chatting to him for ages. I did not know that the car automatically lowers the volume of your media when you open the door and I thought I must have watched every YouTube video possible. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

Thanks! Must have missed it, seems to be gone now 🙁 Reminds me of trying to book a PCR test after Christmas

Spoiled for choice:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

did I miss any RWD with tow hitch today? Was out for the day. I just snapped up the last white RWD there as a hedge against me not getting allocated my white RWD with tow hitch in Q1. Strange buying experience but I’m confident it’ll be worth the patience. I test drove a lovely ev6 today in yacht blue in gt line spec. It would defo be my 2nd choice but BMS is not there yet vs Tesla and I see multiple reports of coldgating where people can’t hit the headline charging speeds despite long motorway drive before and navigating to charger. I’m sure it’ll be sorted out by recalls but still

Don't think any of the inventory cars in the last 24hours have had the tow hitch.

Love the styling of the EV6, but I would be a bit nervous buying a car that hasn't been proven yet. Although the warranty is excellent compared to Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Hey folks, I’m in a 192 M3. Not sure what warranty covers or not. 2 small issues - “leather” coming away from base of steering wheel, and the coat hook on roof behind driver seat is broken - these type of items covered? Am I even still in warranty for these type of items? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Defo contact service centre by email or the app on your phone with photos of both items. Assume they will handle it. If not then post or join Facebook group for Tesla Owners Ireland. If you are not getting the desired result then John Casey or another moderator on that group might lobby on your behalf. Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

That car was €65.5k or so when it was bought plus whatever FSD was at the time. The one I bought was just a few numbers on the reg plate away from that one, and the exact same spec other than FSD. I sold mine a year ago for €58,250, it didn't have FSD though. It's unreal how much cars have gone up, the gov taking away the €5k grant on these as well would have pushed up the second hand price even more. I probably should have kept my own, I definitely miss it at times!!

Advertisement