Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What spec did you want to change from/to? Doesn’t sound unreasonable to pay the difference!

Also it clearly states the booking deposit is non refundable. When I ordered my car the deposit was refundable, but it was €1,000. So don’t really see that the issue is with them not returning a non refundable deposit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

The standard white paint on the m3 is the same quality as the rest, correct? It’s not a basic flat non-matallic

tks

It’s a Pearl White Multi coat metallic paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

With so many Tesla ships on the high seas, I am hopeful that some communications start coming from Tesla abut March deliveries. It does not appear (unless I am wrong) that these have started to happen and in my chats with Tesla they had previously indicated that we should hear something in February. I expect this is in line with others experience fro anticipated March deliveries?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Based on my experience from June you'll get an email suggesting a delivery slot about month before the end of the quarter. They initially set the delivery date for the last calendar day of the month but will then keep suggesting new delivery slots nearer the actual date.

If you were promised March delivery that is most likely going to happen as Tesla does a last minute sprint at the end of each quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

From current owners experience, how long does it typically take Tesla to register the car?

Payment cleared and taking delivery next Friday but no reg yet

You should get the reg text either this evening, or else over the weekend.

i collected mine on a Friday, and got the reg text the previous Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Blue to any Colour except red (as that would have been extra on top of that).

It would have been 1k dearer as the price went up after I ordered. They said if I changed spec they treat it as a new order and I pay the new price after it went up....b#£_&&*s

Maybe they just didn't like me...they wouldn't be the first.

If you don't believe me I can attach the mail 😀

Refund of deposit would have been good will but seems financially their up against it a bit 🤣

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You can just leave your deposit there forever by keeping pushing out your car acceptance date, you don't lose it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I got my txt confirming my reg on Monday, registration document arrived in this morning’s post. Collecting Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭wassie

You want Tesla to show you 'good will'.......for not wanting to be a customer. LOL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There are some people collecting tomorrow. You just have to wait your turn really.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Well, i'm not afraid to say it but........ 😁😁

No for dire customer service and messing me around for 6 months. Have you ever ordered something where they weren't able to get you in a reasonable specified time? In my experience companies do the decent thing and refund a deposit.

Deffo won't be a future customer, I know two people who had second thoughts also after my Tesla tale..maybe there one or two other lurking out there also.

Wouldn't you lads just ignore me, ye have yer Tesla tinted glasses on, and won't have any criticism.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm a Telsa owner and lots of criticism of early M S and 3s, build quality etc. The Service Center in Dublin way understaffed. Slow rollout of SuC in Ireland. etc etc

But an nonrefundable deposit is exactly that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Plenty of reasons to put Tesla down about not giving an exact date but the non refundable deposit is not one of them IMO.

Look at Audi, cancelling orders at the moment. One lad on here was due to collect next month, got a call and told 2023 now.

Other lads on the FB Group got told there orders were cancelled, not deferred, cancelled.

MG due deliveries in May to customers, now September and October.

Kia the same story. We bought an eNiro last year and we’re told it was ready to go. It took 3 months to get it out the door.

Covid lockdown worldwide had an effect on the global supply chain. Everything was effected. It’s only starting to come back to any sort of normality recently.

But I was in that boat also, car promised from VW in 5 weeks turned into 4 months. Got an appology and deposit back there, they were going to take some off for admin fee be talked them out of doing that 😂, as a "good will" offer.

With Tesla got the generic

"Your order is not yet matched to a vehicle however as soon as it is"

Or expecting it to be allocated soon.

For months!

Keep trying to pick holes in me story lads I'm enjoying it😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Have a 3, two kids one in ERF and one baby. Car is perfect for pram etc. Handy to have the frunk too. Haven't carried bikes around. You can get bike carriers for the back I think

Not trying to pick holes.

You placed the order. You paid the non refundable €100. That’s on you.

On the FB Group just now. A poster just said they ordered one month ago and got a delivery date today.

You were incredibly unlucky with the configuration you picked I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Looking on other threads most cars have been pushed out. I see Audi told customers they've discontinued their Etron version of the ID4 around the time it was to be delivered. Loads of others pushed out 6,7 months etc...

A global pandemic, global chip shortage, supply chains overstretched for pretty much everything and you're still whinging. You'd probably have your car next week if you waited.

They deliver at quarter end as they have done since the Model 3 came out, there are also always inventory cars available. There were 4 or 5 so far at least this quarter.

You're entitled to feel aggrieved but saying Tesla are alone in having delayed deliveries is just nonsense. My nephew's new iphone just got pushed out a month. He's only a kid and isn't throwing his toys out of the pram and dissing apple at every opportunity. Instead he's accepting the delay and he'll get his phone a couple of weeks late without any tantrums at some sales person that has no influence on how fast a factory in China can make it.

I paid a non refundable deposit under the pretence I would have a car in a few weeks not 7 months.

If they had told the truth I wouldn't have put in the order.

Those that ordered, ordered in the sweet spot December/Jan as they delay all deliveries until the first quarter. But they don't tell you that.

The other sweet spot is May June order for July/August delivery. But look like that changed this year as orders now have August delivery (maybe their getting more realistic).

The delivery dates are the same on the site for UK & Ireland. When I ordered going by TMC UK orders were fulfilled in sept and a few in Dec where as Irish numpties like me would have had to wait till march. They don't reflect the Irish market is not serviced as well as the UK market.

But apparently according to info from a poster here CS told them cutting deliveries to the UK this year by 4000 and increasing deliveries to Ireland 1500 compared to last year ( 600 quarter in Ireland, 600 a month in UK) 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

Moving on from the broken records - are the first collections tomorrow? I'm 6 days out and literally can't wait.

I was fortunate enough to drive a facelift Model S in 2016 in San Francisco, and then rented a Model 3 for a couple of days while on holidays in LA in 2019. Have been hooked since. My fiance is honestly scared I'll try and include the car in our wedding in June 🤣

Bonus pic below, drove to SpaceX while we had the Model 3 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Won't be long now... I'm trying to forget I have one on on order, but it is difficult.😁 Do you have a full spec sheet of what is included in your car, or is it wait till the day to see?

Mmmm, not many 50k iPhones out there unless its diamond encrusted, context totally different.

Also I did try and go for an inventory car and as I said they wanted an extra 1k off me as in the business model would be a new order compared to my order in August. Some people did that paying the extra 1k no bleeding way I was giving them another cent.

I'll give you a good example changed some windows in my house also this year and they were delayed by 8 weeks due to shipping and materials.

Difference there was I got an apology and even asked it I wanted to stay with the order or get a refund I stead with it as that was good customer service.

Rather that you'll have it when you have it (ie. when we assign you a VIN), no communication and ignoring my queries.

But who'd blame them on that I am annoying and my master's thesis was in customer service.

Major shortage in doors and windows in the last year and still now. Composite doors for example can take 8-10 weeks now.

The difference in your order for the windows is that if you said no, the next person gets bumped up. The didnt care if you said no as they would have just moved onto the next customer.

I'm in that game. I am turning away customers right now as they all ring expecting you to be there within a week or 2. I have bookings for April at present and those that wait will get the royal treatment once i get to them. Those that cancel, the next person gets bumped into their slot and they are delighted.

Fingers crossed it continues...to an extent.

You had a bad experience with Tesla, during a pandemic within their first few years of setting up in Ireland and its understandable to be annoyed. We get it.

Hopefully you got sorted with another brand and enjoy the car as its your hard earned cash. Peace and Love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dahughes23

Nailed it Andy - Reg showed up on the account in the last few minutes 👌

Sorry don't get your point here exact same with Tesla they just bump the next customer also, so why not just say "we won't possibly be able to fulfill your order for 6 months"? Only real contact not instigated by me was asking me twice if I wanted a December delivery which I said yes to twice.

Yes I had a bad experience and have become very familiar with their business model because of 6 months of trying to figure out info myself due to the lack of it from Tesla.

What's wrong with putting that on this forum and pointing out they don't service the market here as they should.

Still nothing bad to say about the car but if I mention anything about Tesla you's see it like I'm kicking your puppy or something.

I did get sorted for a car I ended up with the Ioniq 5 I was originally looking at in August (they said would be delivered in Jan). I contacted the rep in November and they had only premium plus left so good excuse to bumping up the spec. So I couldn't be happier car wise, but will still call out a alternate view of Tesla (business model and CS not the car itself).

Lads seriously ignore me and I may stay quite.

But I will be posting in march/April when Tesla regs come out who knows they might put me in my place questioning the Irish market support and deliver their 600 cars.... 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JDilleen

I think it's pretty much wait and see, I'm hoping to see reports of double glass on the rear doors for the deliveries tomorrow! Hopefully you don't have long to wait, 3 months and 2 days from order to delivery for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I doubt the rear doors will be double glass, but will be a bonus if they are. Hope they all have the AMD Ryzen, heat pump etc..

Advertisement