Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not mad on that chrome delete. Blue and black are not natural partners and now they clash more, whereas the earlier chrome finish (not sure how durable it is but it looked well) does not clash with most darker matte colours. Do they save money by skipping on the chrome finish? Can you just remove the wrap and regain the metallic finish?

I don’t think it’s a wrap.
    It’s similar to bmw shadowline as opposed to audi chrome design.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Not mad on that chrome delete. Blue and black are not natural partners and now they clash more, whereas the earlier chrome finish (not sure how durable it is but it looked well) does not clash with most darker matte colours. Do they save money by skipping on the chrome finish? Can you just remove the wrap and regain the metallic finish?

The 2021 refresh looks like a cheap imitation without the chrome effect.

Was there an official reason giving for dropping it? Or just another cost saving decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

technocrat wrote: »
    The 2021 refresh looks like a cheap imitation without the chrome effect.

Was there an official reason giving for dropping it? Or just another cost saving decision.

It's a deliberate design change. Chrome looks dated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I hate the chrome on mine too.
    Will be wrapping in the new year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Did a trade in quote for sh1ts & giggles and Tesla offered €37,000 for my March 2020 SR+ with 16,000km on it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Did a trade in quote for sh1ts & giggles and Tesla offered €37,000 for my March 2020 SR+ with 16,000km on it..

I'll give you €37,001 :-D

technocrat wrote: »
    I'll give you €37,001 :-D

she's not for sale.... at least for now anyway.. I could be tempted to upgrade to a LR or P in a few years, or even a Model Y

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have the car in blue and would not want the chrome delete. It suits some colours but not others, definitely not blue. It's the same with the darker coloured wheels they're putting on most of the cars now, they really don't suit the blue and there's no alternative available.

Nearly a year to the day since I picked up my SR+. I'm about 100km shy of 10,000km, my usage for that period is at 153wh/km. Mostly city driving in Dublin with maybe a drive down to Wicklow on weekends. I took the car on I think four longer trips down to Cork, Kerry and out west. I had the aero caps on for most of the year, only took them off maybe 6 weeks back. Due to most of my driving being short trips and not having a home charger I tended to keep the heating off when possible in the winter and just use the heated seats instead, obviously not possible all of the time though. Had the A/C on for most of the summer, can't deal with sitting there sweating in the car and it gets hot quite easily with the glass roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Patser

she's not for sale.... at least for now anyway.. I could be tempted to upgrade to a LR or P in a few years, or even a Model Y

You drive a hard bargain €37,002 then

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Gumbo wrote: »
    I hate the chrome on mine too.
    Will be wrapping in the new year.

It is all a matter of taste, but I think the chrome look is much superior, glad I got the car before they ruined the look I prefer.

Assume a company will make quite a bit of money selling kits to allow the new owners to restore the original look, just as they made money with the chrome delete kits!

• Advertisement

Patser wrote: »
    You drive a hard bargain €37,002 then

Deal....

mouthful wrote: »
    It is all a matter of taste, but I think the chrome look is much superior, glad I got the car before they ruined the look I prefer.

Assume a company will make quite a bit of money selling kits to allow the new owners to restore the original look, just as they made money with the chrome delete kits!

I can't imagine that applying a chrome wrap or replacement trim is very easy, compared to lack vinyl.

The black vs chrome look depends a lot on colour. Black, white and grey cars look great without chrome, whereas the red and blue ones are a bit more subjective.

From what I recall Ferrari ditched chrome in about 1975. :D

Deal....

Will you accept a BMW i3, and whatever 5c pieces I can find in Kid's piggynank, back of sofa

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭3d4life

Chrome delete eliminates an exceptionally unenvironmentally unfriendly process

Cybertruck paint delete for similar reason

Not cost saving ......Noo....Noo....Noo ..... definality not cost saving :p

( nearly as big an issue as 'vegan leather' for some )

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Which is still a better deal than what they offered for my same age, under 6k km with FSD, ABoost and Homelink.

Very disappointing, you expect it for a non-Tesla, but you'd think they could do much better for one of their own. :( Looks like no upgrade/refresh for me.

Unless someone here is interested. Bid's accepted via PM. ;-)

EVGuy wrote: »
    Which is still a better deal than what they offered for my same age, under 5k km with FSD, ABoost and Homelink.

Very disappointing, you expect it for a non-Tesla, but you'd think they could do much better for one of their own. :( Looks like no upgrade/refresh for me.

Again €37,002 on table.....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

LOL - it's an LR AWD too (MSM) ... and that's lots less than the Tesla offer, can't blame you for chancing your arm though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I’ve just noticed condensation forming in all 4 rear light fittings!!

I’ve already had 1 replaced by the Ranger so not impressed to see the condensation returning, but in all 4 lenses

I got a call from Tesla out of the blue today.
    The lady explained there was an issue with the rear fog lights and my car was effected. I think she might have mentioned a recall, the work needs to be done like.

I've never noticed any issues with condensation, or had any problems at all with the car so was a bit surprised. The ranger will arrive sometime today and do the work for free!

My issue hasn't appeared again on the 4 rear lenses... It just looked like one day there was slight condensation forming, but I haven't really noticed it since.. (perhaps more driving with the rear lights almost always on these days is helping the issue)

• Advertisement

My issue hasn't appeared again on the 4 rear lenses... It just looked like one day there was slight condensation forming, but I haven't really noticed it since.. (perhaps more driving with the rear lights almost always on these days is helping the issue)

I've done very little driving in fairness, less than 8k on the clock since March.
    Its possible I may not have noticed.

I'm up to 16,419km since March - and we're both home based!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

That is some amount of laps following the 5km rule

You got a busier life than me pal :D
    I've had 1 spin to Kerry and a spin to Galway, rest is just scooting round Dublin.

Ours is at over 22k km since mid-March.

Essential workers. Well, not me. Nothing I do is essential.

And now 16,476km later... I can still say that the car is f****** brilliant.

Absolutely Zero regrets about: 1st going electric, and 2nd, going for a Tesla.
    The very very few minor issues are mere trivial annoyances that are heavily outweighed by everything else being utterly brilliant.

Even if Tesla only end up around for a fleeting moment of the overall history of motoring, they've still made something that's bloody brilliant...

It's the front lights he is working on, people having any issues with the front lights?

Lol, so it turns out I had no front fog lights. When the car was delivered in March there was a blank plate covering them, on the front below headlights. The ranger installed them, thanks Tesla.

Good thing I've not been driving in the fog...

jusmeig wrote: »
    Lol, so it turns out I had no front fog lights. When the car was delivered in March there was a blank plate covering them, on the front below headlights. The ranger installed them, thanks Tesla.

Good thing I've not been driving in the fog...

You must have ordered yours when front fogs were still an option with the SR+, as When the Ranger was with me, I asked him to check mine (March Delivery, but January order), and he said no dice with the front fogs for me!!!

• Advertisement

You must have ordered yours when front fogs were still an option with the SR+, as When the Ranger was with me, I asked him to check mine (March Delivery, but January order), and he said no dice with the front fogs for me!!!

I ordered in 2016, I deserve the fog lights I now have.
    Had no idea they were an option. The newer ones have none?

Advertisement