Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys, can someone explain how one would track a new order.

At what stage can you track it?

Once you get a Vin, and a rough delivery date, are we simply guessing it’s on the current ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭reni10

First day supercharging should be FREE for all owners to make sure they can get home etc. are you sure your card was actually charged for the supercharger in castlebellingham?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

I think once you have a VIN in the source its on a ship. I believe you can actually lookup the inventory on some ships using the VIN number to confirm if your car is on board. This is a good thread to follow on the shipping movements. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/2022-shipping-movements.252035/page-66#post-6415233

I don't believe that's the case any more but I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement

Ordered direct from rimetrix and shipped via myus.com. No issue with customs other than the duty had to be paid.

Small mudflats at the front only. I'm not sure if its worth getting the longer ones or perhaps putting the ppf kit on, https://shop.tesla.com/en_ie/product/model-3-paint-protection-film

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Thanks. Presume the caps aren't included if you remove the aero covers? Do they have any of the shop products available to buy at the collection centre?

Caps aren’t included , nothing available to buy at collection centre, literally just 10 cars in a gazebo!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I bought a cap kit for the original aero wheels from China, and they were grand, so would presume the same with the refreshed 18 inch wheels. Tesla kit is too pricy for a bit of plastic!

I put the aero caps back on last summer before a drive across the country (gotta get that additional 5% range..), and have just left them on since.

I'm genuinely 50/50 on having them on or not.. I might take them off again in the summer, but they'll have to go back on for the road trip across Europe!

One thing I'll say is they are easier to clean than the bare alloys.

They had the new single piece centre caps on the car I test drove at Cork. Thought they looked great (Though opinions divided online). Similar looking to the centre of the 19" wheels. Might just order from Tesla (€60) though as you say they are expensive for what they are..

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Was just onto Tesla so they’ll be reaching out w/c 7 March to schedule delivery apparently

Post edited by speedfreak on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

I ordered a great set off Ali-Express for about €15. But need to allow 4-6 weeks for them to arrive.

Also I kick the Aeros off in summer time also as I like the look of the stock 18's rims.

I have the long mudflaps on the front and don't notice the drag, but only because Im doing reasonably high mileage. If I was just running around town most of the time I wouldnt have them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

How long in advance does the delivery team typically contact you? I have a VIN, the service center told me on Monday the car (Model Y) is in Ireland, and I should expect to hear from the delivery team soon. I've completed what I can online.

I am in the same boat, was told Mon that I should have a collection date confirmed this week (M3). Haven't paid yet, was told no need until delivery confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Newoven

I ordered mine on November 20th, got the first text about delivery on January 31st, on February 1st I got a text offering me an appointment to collect the car, and I picked it up today (23rd). So from first contact to collecting the car was just over 3 weeks. I paid the outstanding balance last Wednesday (barely a week before collection), Tesla had the registration number for me on Thursday afternoon, and I was able to tax the car on Friday.

As Ricey3509 said the collection process is painless and my battery had around 45% charge. I arrived 30 minutes early but they had no issue with that, just got me to sign for the car and took me to it. I didn't have a trade in so the Tesla guys spent just a minute with me but they were available if I needed more. I had one of the internet checklists with me and I started going over it but I couldn't find anything wrong. It was good to spend a few minutes opening doors and windows and playing with the sound and ventilation systems just to get comfortable though. Included with the car were mats front and back, a warning triangle/first aid kit, two charging cables (CCS and 3 pin), a Tesla-branded tax disc and insurance disc holder, and a pair of longer mudflaps (for the front only) that were in the boot. These are optional to fit though I'm considering buying a third party set to add better coverage up the car body but without the added length to whack off speed bumps.

Best part was swinging it out onto the main road and putting my foot down. Next best was swinging out again after stopping and going through the menus to find how to switch off the warning noises when you exceed the speed limit. They're a bit loud and insistent so I recommend the warning only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Congratulations was good to get this info. Did you find the delivery checklist good and if so can you share ?

The charging cable you received is a Type 2 cable not a CCS, and it’s for AC only.

A CCS cable is what you find attached to a DC charger like Tesla, Ionity or eCars etc…..

CCS cables are always permanently connected to their DC charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭wassie

They're a bit loud and insistent so I recommend the warning only option.

Also turn on 'Joe Mode' under the Safety Menu.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

I just got a txt from Tesla and wanted to correct the record in case I got anyone's hopes up. My MY is still on the boat and due in next week. Likely the same boat as lots of other people here are tracking. 😁

I got some good news this evening from Davide and Natalie. 'Send the lollie tomorrow and we will have the car for you on Monday next'...😁.

Mon or Tues does not really suit😥 so have Delivery Appointment confirmed for Wed 2nd March at 12:30pm. Could probably squeeze it in on the earlier days, but would prefer to do it when I am off and can take my time and enjoy. They even said they would try and have 200km range in car, which they confirmed has a total so far of only 11km.

All forms (SEAI etc) returned, so now to try and forget about it till next week. Difficult..

The checklist was 7 pages long and felt like it belonged to a previous version of the car. Somewhere on it was “Confirm steering wheel is on correct side” which, while good advice, was a bit superfluous. The one Gumbo linked looks to be as good so I suggest you use that. Another lad picking his up today said to me “I never checked the panel gaps on any other car I bought so why start now”. He has a point.

My first rookie mistake. Thanks for the clarification.

Top tip for all new owners collecting:

get to the nearest charger you can asap and get charged up as much as possible.

another new owner left standard on the motorway when the car shut down while showing 40km of range remaining!! Needed to be towed away and guy went home in an Insignia!!!

Just read that on FB. Very worrying, hope mine gets me as far as Kill or Kilcullen. This is our 4th EV and the lowest we had on collection day was 90%. Not very impressed tbh, less impressed with some of the posters..

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

What a nightmare after the anxiety of waiting for delivery ..Something seems wrong with this if car showed 40kms left on battery.....I cant imagine Tesla having that discrepancy given their technology and previous comments about how accurate range distance is. Me thinks it is a proud (stubborn) user who can't acknowledge human error of getting carried away with excitement of new car. Just a thought.

The thing is the estimated range is calculated using the average watt hours to date. In a car that hasn’t travelled more than a few kilometres in slow trips off a boat and maybe around a car park that figure is entirely unreliable. The surprise is that the battery was delivered at such a low state of charge. As I mentioned earlier mine showed 45% which is the sort of number I’d expect.

• Advertisement

Seems to be so many cars getting delivered, with no charge options in Baldonnel, that they are all at circa 40%.

Get to a charger straight away!

Advertisement