Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

jusmeig wrote: »
    I ordered in 2016, I deserve the fog lights I now have.
    Had no idea they were an option. The newer ones have none?

Yeah, at some point they weren’t standard on the SR+ anymore...

The Ranger said he could get me a price to get them installed, but I declined..

I ordered in January and they were never an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Yeah, at some point they weren’t standard on the SR+ anymore...

The Ranger said he could get me a price to get them installed, but I declined..

I ordered in January and they were never an option.

I think they were standard at one point, but gone by time the cars came. Those are the cars getting the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

jhegarty wrote: »
    I think they were standard at one point, but gone by time the cars came. Those are the cars getting the upgrade.

So I got the upgrade, but I cannot turn them on!
    There is only an option for Rear Fog.
    I mean...I did not know that I should have them, but now I have them....I'd like to be able to use them!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So I got the upgrade, but I cannot turn them on!
    There is only an option for Rear Fog.
    I mean...I did not know that I should have them, but now I have them....I'd like to be able to use them!!

Have you tried a system reboot, I'd imagine that's required so during boot up the car will now "see" the new hardware

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Have you tried a system reboot, I'd imagine that's required so during boot up the car will now "see" the new hardware

Good shout, tried that but no luck. Still no icon. The guy in Sandyford said it should appear with next update...now there is a fobbing off if ever I heard it 😂

• Advertisement

Have you tried just toggling the rear fog switch? And see if that turns them on?

Have you tried just toggling the rear fog switch? And see if that turns them on?
    Tried that there, only activates the rear. I'll try call the service guys Monday and see. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Facelift.
    Press car, panel gap issues, non-functioning pillar camera........

The Model Y is reputedly the worst ever Tesla in terms of build quality, worst or 2nd worst car, of any type, in the US.

They have no intention IMO of improving anything, nor should they, as long as their market cap keeps exponentially rising. People will keep buying regardless of quality & customer service, because they want Teslas. Elon knows this, so quality isn't a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There build quality is what it is because American buyers mostly don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Lumen wrote: »

You do know Tesla sells cars internationally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mouthful wrote: »
    You do know Tesla sells cars internationally?

Yes, of course. Nonetheless, they've always been biased towards the requirements of the US market, and constrained by the apparent inability of US workers to finish cars to international standards.

American cars have always been shoddy heaps. By that standard, Teslas are quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

American cars have always been shoddy heaps. By that standard, Teslas are quite decent.

I guess we'll have Chinese built Model 3s to compare soon :pac:.

Imagine if the Chinese built cars are better than the US ones :eek:.
    Imagine if they are worse :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Kramer wrote: »
    I guess we'll have Chinese built Model 3s to compare soon :pac:.

Imagine if the Chinese built cars are better than the US ones :eek:.
    Imagine if they are worse :D.

We already know they are better. Are you thinking off the German plant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

https://insideevs.com/news/443245/german-magazine-bashes-vw-id3/

ID3 is not faring much better, tons of complaints, I know of one person that's handed theirs back because they've been left on the hard shoulder on the phone to ADAC.

Hope VW get their s*** together and sort out the production problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I think the build quality concerns are slightly over rated, I've my model 3 AWD performance nearly a year & it hasn't been back to sandyford since the day i picked it up, no problems with paint, or anything else and I've 24,000 kms on it.

In general people tend to moan & complain on line when things go wrong but you don't hear too many people praising stuff on line too often.

So for me anyway its been a great car, just charge it at home & drive it away, would i buy another one yes, its powerful, range is fantastic, fast & big enough for a family of five to go anywhere in ireland. yes the supercharger network could be better but with an all year round range of 400kms i don't charge it on the road too often

would i buy an out of warranty UK model S, probably not, but then again all 100k cars are expensive to fix out of warranty whether its an audi, bmw or porsche

Tesla called regarding the new front fog lights that the Ranger fitted. They had to push a config change to my car remotely. After a reset of the car, the front fog light button appeared. Rejoices...

It's my Xmas pressie from Elon.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

I see a few model 3 AWD performance models in the existing inventory - any thoughts if the reduction in price and availability are because they are pre refresh models?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Tesla called regarding the new front fog lights that the Ranger fitted. They had to push a config change to my car remotely. After a reset of the car, the front fog light button appeared. Rejoices...

It's my Xmas pressie from Elon.

There's supposed to be a big holiday s/w update on the way with lots of stuff we've been asking for and some other things. :D

EVGuy wrote: »
    There's supposed to be a big holiday s/w update on the way with lots of stuff we've been asking for and some other things. :D

I’m guessing waypoints will be one of them.....

Also, I believe at some stage, other Tesla’s will show up on the visualisation display in their actual Model & colour as you pass them.... pointless but still fairly cool all the same.. but this might be further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Got my number plates today, just 4 more days to go.

Aviva seem very confused by a car without a CC to enter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I see a good few posts from people who ordered in October/November expecting Feb delivery.

For what it's worth, I ordered in July and was told yesterday that my car won't be here until March as that is when the next shipment is expected. M3 LR btw.

jhegarty wrote: »
    Got my number plates today, just 4 more days to go.

Aviva seem very confused by a car without a CC to enter.

When I tried to get a quote from Aviva they said they didn't cover Teslas. Did you get yours online or over the phone? Was it transferring an existing policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

I see a good few posts from people who ordered in October/November expecting Feb delivery.

For what it's worth, I ordered in July and was told yesterday that my car won't be here until March as that is when the next shipment is expected. M3 LR btw.

Very surprised to hear that. Was up with them last week and they were still saying February.

Dozz wrote: »
    Very surprised to hear that. Was up with them last week and they were still saying February.

Not sure but they may be saying Feb as the VAT increases in March. Maybe they want to get people to order thinking they'll get the reduced VAT with delivery in Feb?

Not sure but they may be saying Feb as the VAT increases in March. Maybe they want to get people to order thinking they'll get the reduced VAT with delivery in Feb?
    I won't pay the extra 2% VAT. Will forgo the deposit if Tesla don't cover it

When I tried to get a quote from Aviva they said they didn't cover Teslas. Did you get yours online or over the phone? Was it transferring an existing policy?

My insurance company are using a BMW i8 comparison for insurance purposes.

My insurance company are using a BMW i8 comparison for insurance purposes.

<face palm>

Aren't those over 100k new?

I won't pay the extra 2% VAT. Will forgo the deposit if Tesla don't cover it

Could be the LR that's just due in March, maybe SR+ or performance still due in Feb. I'm obviously hoping mine does come in Feb. Possibility the government will extend the VAT reduction too I suppose, although wouldn't hold out too much hope for that.

Maybe you could pay for it/get invoiced on the last day of Feb and then wait for delivery? Not ideal but better than paying more maybe.

• Advertisement

EVGuy wrote: »
    <face palm>

Aren't those over 100k new?

Yep. Have you ever tried reasoning with an insurance company???
    Amazes me that Tesla's aren't on their systems yet considering they have been in the country for over a year now

Advertisement