Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dozz

EVGuy wrote: »
    Maybe you could pay for it/get invoiced on the last day of Feb and then wait for delivery? Not ideal but better than paying more maybe.

Don't know if that's an option. I think there is something in Tesla's terms and conditions that state you are responsible to paying the costs on the day of delivery. Will find out the wording and post it here later

• Registered Users Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dozz wrote: »
    Don't know if that's an option. I think there is something in Tesla's terms and conditions that state you are responsible to paying the costs on the day of delivery. Will find out the wording and post it here later

would also be iffy if the car was only registered after March 1st, as they're typically only registered a week before delivery date.

I've asked Skoda if the price for the Enyaq is at 23% Vat considering the cars would be delivered until the middle of next year.
    Radio silence is being maintained....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

When I tried to get a quote from Aviva they said they didn't cover Teslas. Did you get yours online or over the phone? Was it transferring an existing policy?

They have them on the system now , but I couldn't enter it as they didn't recognize the reg. I tried an sample older model 3 and it did allow it.

When I called they said it needed manual approval. Waiting to hear on that now.

Transfer of an existing policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

My insurance was up on my ICE car and just didn't want any hassle on the swap over to the M3 in hopefully February. So went with AXA as they have the whole "insure my Tesla" affiliation.
    Quotes on the ICE wasn't the cheapest I found but was competitive. Might make the transition smoother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Not sure what the more appropriate thread is - the ID.3 thread or here.

Anyway, interesting comparison. His & hers :pac:.
    The ID.3 was parked 1.5m further from the charger/closer to the camera so looks bigger, Fr. Dougal style........small.......further away....:D.

FTxu8aD.jpg

Kramer wrote: »

The ID.3 was parked 1.5m further from the charger/closer to the camera so looks bigger, Fr. Dougal style........small.......further away....:D.

FTxu8aD.jpg

Very nice.
    Which is his and which is hers??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Using the free DC instead of the supercharger eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ELM327 wrote: »
    Using the free DC instead of the supercharger eh?!

Free vs Not Free, only ever 1 winner......

Absolutely, I don't have free SuC and I'd do the same
    Other non tesla owners have an issue with this (and I say feck them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

Kramer wrote: »

Where is that?
    How come it's free?

jhegarty wrote: »
    They have them on the system now , but I couldn't enter it as they didn't recognize the reg. I tried an sample older model 3 and it did allow it.

When I called they said it needed manual approval. Waiting to hear on that now.

Transfer of an existing policy.

In the end it was €87 extra to move from the 2014 I3. 10 months left on the policy.

There is better value elsewhere , so will be moving at renewal time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

eagerv wrote: »
    Where is that?
    How come it's free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

https://insideevs.com/news/458229/tesla-skipped-testing-lfp-model-3-china/

So looks like the Heatpump is more efficient but the new LFP Batteries do not handle the cold well at all and won't charge to 100%.

The 100% Charge thing once per week is becoming a problem already as people are sitting on Superchargers for over an hour.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out in the coming months, only the Germans are aware of what they got as they receive a Certificate of Conformity when they receive the car.

redcup342 wrote: »
    https://insideevs.com/news/458229/tesla-skipped-testing-lfp-model-3-china/

So looks like the Heatpump is more efficient but the new LFP Batteries do not handle the cold well at all and won't charge to 100%.

The 100% Charge thing once per week is becoming a problem already as people are sitting on Superchargers for over an hour.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out in the coming months, only the Germans are aware of what they got as they receive a Certificate of Conformity when they receive the car.

Is it still the case that our cars come from Freemont and have the lithium batteries?

Yes
    No chinese model 3s in Ireland yet thankfully. I don't want a chinese car and I dont like the sound of this "new" battery tech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Dozz wrote: »
    Is it still the case that our cars come from Freemont and have the lithium batteries?

Yep, Germans started getting deliveries from 23rd of November.

Absolute sh*tload being handed back (Again)

https://www.tesla.com/de_de/inventory/new/m3

Many people are now looking for the 2019 model, if they delivered the M3 After winter nobody would have been any the wiser until next Winter Came.

Right now I would not leave a Chinese made Model 3 parked outside and go away for Christmas without it being plugged in.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes
    No chinese model 3s in Ireland yet thankfully. I don't want a chinese car and I dont like the sound of this "new" battery tech

ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

Hey, Just wondering if anyone has gotten a ceramic coat on their M3 recently? Was going to use Spirit Detailing but they seem to have closed unfortunately.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

teslad wrote: »
    Hey, Just wondering if anyone has gotten a ceramic coat on their M3 recently? Was going to use Spirit Detailing but they seem to have closed unfortunately.

Thanks!

Same question . Plan on getting it done asap after delivery. Any advice appreciated. Based in the midlands

• Advertisement

J-W wrote: »
    Same question . Plan on getting it done asap after delivery. Any advice appreciated. Based in the midlands

Look up carstyle.ie They seem to have done a few wraps of model 3's. Might be worth a shot

535163.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

535163.jpg

Well wear a beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

535163.jpg

A rare breed, a non-white model 3 (and arguably the best colour one imo of course).

Absolutely beautiful :)

Well wear a beauty

Is it a refresh? I prob should know but alas don’t

It is.

535163.jpg

V nice. Can you post a photo from the side. I have that colour ordered too. Want to see what it's like with the black trim. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yup the best way to tell is the head lights are slightly more aggressive and the bottom of the wing mirrors are no longer chromed.

Yup the best way to tell is the head lights are slightly more aggressive and the bottom of the wing mirrors are no longer chromed.

Thanks so new stock in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

redcup342 wrote: »
    the new LFP Batteries do not handle the cold well at all and won't charge to 100%.

I did a couple of hundred kilometers today in an older Model 3 SR+ (July 2020 :D). Varied driving, a little motorway, mainly N roads.
    Yes it's cold & brutal weather, but the range was abysmal.

It yielded 46kWh approx with an estimated 231km range from 100% to 0% (20kWh/100km consumption).

The cold hammers all lithium chemistry batteries. If the LFP M3 SR+ is worse, it'll be a disaster in the Nordic countries.

Bottom line for Elon though is cost savings.

Advertisement