Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Pearl white is the best color on the model 3 in Ireland imo, especially under lights at night 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭eagerv

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why Tesla charge or don't for their paints. IIRC even when the multicoat pearl white wasn't a free colour it was still popular. Black used to be free I think. A pity there aren't a few more bright colours which are my preferences on a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

Galway / Dublin route is a breeze - plenty of charging options. Main ones on motorway are:

• Johnstown Estate (Enfield) - SuC
    • Kinnegad - EasyGo 50 x 2
    • Athlone N6 Kilmartin Services (2km off motorway) - ESB 150+50
    • Athlone M6 Circle K Services - Ionity (also a free Circle K 50kw but often out of order & a free chargerpoint AC - again often in use).
    • Galway Plaza, Kiltullagh - ESB 150+50

Galway city itself is not well serviced (surprise surprise). Just have to play ESB lottery. Take the granny charger to get a few extra volts overnight if you can. Athenry SuC close to being live - maybe not in time for your trip.

If using the SuC @ Enfield and you dont have a toll tag, just be aware of the toll re-rentry: This is from the Eurolink M4 website:

If I pay my toll and then I decide to stop over at Enfield, do I have to pay again when I rejoin the motorway to continue with my trip?

No, as long as you continue your trip on the same direction and within a limit of three hours. Please note that in order to avail of this service you must request a re-entry ticket from a cashier in a manned lane at the first toll plaza where the initial toll charge is paid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Athlone also have two more 50kW units in the center of town in the unlikely event of all others being occupied

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

If I pay my toll and then I decide to stop over at Enfield, do I have to pay again when I rejoin the motorway to continue with my trip?

No, as long as you continue your trip on the same direction and within a limit of three hours. Please note that in order to avail of this service you must request a re-entry ticket from a cashier in a manned lane at the first toll plaza where the initial toll charge is paid.

That's mad, sure you have to use the video account to get the EV discount, if you use a manned lane at the first toll plaza you will pay full price for the toll?

Not a criticism of you just that quote, make no sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Tesla Shanghai produces approx 2000 cars a day so it's easy to see the impact on production with the Covid related closure of its site which has gone on for longer than originally expected.

Tesla App does not always update with this information so don't stress . In my case the mobile app only showed estimated delivery once a delivery appointment had been set 2 weeks ahead of delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭eagerv

AFAIK you can use the manned booth and use your tag. You could at Waterford recently when the auto lane was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭phat1

Hi thanks for the info, The car was at 100% when I picked it up, I sent an email to Natalie asking to charge the car, so when when I arrived it was at 100%. Just heading back to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭phat1

• Advertisement

All pre delivery stresses will now subside. Enjoy your car!

Anyone know what the 3 orange squiggles are on the app when charging?

Im guessing its the battery being warmed to assist charging?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Once it lights up, it means your bacon is cooked.

No, seriously, it means it’s heating the battery pack.

Once it lights up, it means your bacon is cooked.

I really need to keep on top of my updates. This car just keeps getting better.

Will go nicely with my snacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ferg01

[deleted posted. Answered several times before I rocked up 🤦🏻‍♂️]

Buyers beware, US Tesla prices for LR/P increase of $1200/1000 just pushed through, seems battery related as US LR/P use NCM batteries (more nickel)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

It just never stops. I foresee more increases across the range for the remainder of this year. On top of this, looks like ESB charging ports are going up in price too https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2022/0405/1290615-esb-to-increase-prices-for-public-ev-charging-points/

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Have a bit of a problem with lag, new to this Tesla thing and everytime I get a wave when I meet a fellow Tesla driver my wave occurs when I'm at least 20 yards behind them. Anybody else got this problem? Is it just me? some don't wave, or maybe they wave with the same lag issue, 40 yard distance in waves with both drivers lagging is just to much, unacceptable even. Am I getting old? do I need a faster processor? Am I alone with this issue? so many questions.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've found the only drivers that wave at me are in English reg cars.

Kids got a great kick out of it in Kerry last summer with the visitors acknowledging us every time we passed!!

• Advertisement

I gave up EV waving 5 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Do the same people point at airplanes in the sky....what if they were to see a Lexus IS200 lux edition they will loose their **** altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Thanks for this information - the Dublin / Galway route was actually a breeze and enough options to remove any sort of anxiety. We stopped at the Galway Plaza to take advantage of the 150 KW charger there, just to ensure that we had loads of battery for driving around the place. We hit up Ionity Athlone on the way home.

Even found out that Connemara National Park has two 7KW chargers (free) in the car park, which was a nice surprise and especially handy to top up while strolling around the park.

Overall, it was really good to get to know the car properly and a long spin. There were a couple of hairy FSD moments on the way back, though - at two separate motorway junctions the car instead of driving straight on the M6 like it was supposed to tried to steer off and take the exit ramp and then indicate to steer back on to the M6. In both cases, I had to intervene and take back control. Everything was OK in the end, and it handled the rest of the journey without fault, but definitely put the frighteners on the other half about the FSD feature and a reminder to not overly rely on it.

Dechroming begins....

Sits proud but I actually like the shadow it throws. Too cold today to do the two outside logos

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

It just looks like you've added a missile to your steering wheel if the airbag ever has to go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

A bit late for you now but maybe useful for others.

The ESB ecars site on the eastern edge of the city next to the former airport is now 50kw + 150kw site, same as the Galway Plaza.

If heading north the newly opened N17 plaza in Tuam has 2 x 150kw chargers capable of charging two cars each.

Warmer today so finished off the emblem de chroming, I just prefer matt black.

The kit came from AliExpress and straight to the door so no additional import costs.

Each emblem was different shape due to car curves and fitted perfect.

I also tackled the rear number plate as it sticks out a fair bit. I simply removed it by pulling the bottom strip of hard plastic on the number plate and then two Philips and two star screws. I put some masking tape on perimeter of plate before removing to help alignment later. You are left with a long "depression" area which put me off fitting a vinyl plate. I simply used strips of 3M double sided adhesive and stuck just the plate back on. Looks incredibly better for the sake of good quality tape and 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 myszonutd

Did you remove the original emblems and stuck the black ones on in the same area or are they just black covers for the emblems? It looks really nice.

Advertisement