Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Castlebellingham, yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AFOL

Picked up a new model 3 long range this week... So far very happy with it. I had a performance on order but when I saw a LR in stock elsewhere I went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donkeymaster777

Thinking of ordering a performance 3 but quick question - I'm based out of Dublin. Will I be able to make a one-way trip to anywhere on the island on a full charge without any stress of suboptimal conditions/etc. requiring a charge on the way? I've been reading about how the real world range is significantly worse than the advertised range (under perfect conditions?).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, I think the car colour suits the aero covers very well, I have the alloys fully waxed but still prefer the look of the Aeros

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Depends what "anywhere on the island" means. Motorway mileage eats the battery.

I'm sitting here in Dublin on 92% in my M3P and I'm about to head to Dungannon in Co Tyrone. Navigation is telling me I'll get there with 44% left. (172kms).

I'll still take a quick top up in castlebellingham. It's approx half way so I'll use the toilet and grab a coffee.

I would think the far extremities would be pushing it tbh.... somewhere like Clifden or Skibberren might be out of range without a quick stop at an SuC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 donkeymaster777

I had to look those places up on the map...You really don't think Skibberren would be doable? Google maps is showing 339km...and the m3p is supposed to have 547km of range...Is motorway driving really that draining?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Absolutely doable one way, if you stick to the speed limits...

For the first 24k km I had a long term average of 250 Wh/km, driving at 133 km/h on motorway, with overtaking bursts to... 134 😏

In the past 2 months, not over speed limit, I see 185 Wh/km...

Mine is a 192 model 3 Performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Yeah motorway eats up range a bit in the m3p, but definitely do 420-450 kms on a full charge at this time of the year if you take it a bit easier

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

But you have to factor in how will I charge the car when I get there. Just as easy to stop some way along the journey just to top up. Like 15-20 mins of a stop just to cover yourself. Like you probably would do the journey on one charge but arrive and all you have to charge it is a granny cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 unabashed_goldfish

Did Blanchardstown to Tralee yesterday with 25% battery remaining. Left fully charged at 100%.

280km trip; approximately 230km motorway driving at 120km/h. Probably averaged 80 km/h after that factoring in traffic.

This is a 2022 RWD so very happy with that result. Weather was quite good so I'm sure that helped but honestly was expecting it to do worse than that, especially on the motorway leg of the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No floor mats as standard and now no home plug thrown in.

Tesla are becoming apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭eagerv

Must be very recent they are not included? In March both were included

Yep decision yesterday. Bit of a dick move tbh especially given the price of these vehicles.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Floor mats still included according to the Irish site.

I’ve seen the YT videos but it hasn’t hit Ireland yet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Floor matts are included with all cars.

In 2 years and 1 month I’ve never even taken our UMC out of its pouch to try it out.

I’d say the vast majority of buyers will never use the UMC.

No idea how to check that 🤷‍♂️

I think Tesla owners got spoiled getting the 2 for years. My Leaf only came with one cable, the granny cable from memory.

I also note Elon has said that once they arrive into stock they will be reduced to $200 in America. That means we will see the lower rate here so they should be less than €200 to buy if needed.

The done similar reductions with the CCS Conversion, Chademo adaptor and various other bits and bobs on their store.

A 32a Type 2 3 Phase Cable is €99 with them when everywhere else’s is selling them for €200.

The good ole days are over where the Tesla came with everything, even including commando adapters.

I never used my Tesla UMC in two years, my current UMC and Phase 3 cable are still in wrappers

Granny Charger and floor mats still come with the car in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Specs change from order to delivery, check out T&C's, the only time Tesla are offside is if it impacts range in which case you can cancel order including deposit refund. Couple of UK folk who ordered during Unicorn range gap of late last yr were offered full refund when their M3 RWD was fitted with hairpin motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

First experience of SuC today at Birdhill. So easy and quick. If only there was one on Waterford route my Tesla life would be complete 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Xidu

My dog often jumped on my M3 to welcome me and his paw scratched the car a bit. So paint isn’t that good TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Xidu

I saw the price up in few wks wonder if it’s becoz of EURO vs USD rate change.

USD spiked a lot recently.

Dog scratching will happen on most, if not all cars if a dog gets excited and is jumping all over your car.

Price increases are due to material increases and shortages. The same is happening to EU cars that are not based in US so the US/Euro trading is largely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭reni10

M9 route needs a supercharger more than any other motorway in the country!

It would completely change ownership for anyone in the southeast of the country and is a massive black hole for any sort of charging infrastructure!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 myszonutd

My initial EDD was August I'm hearing now from Tesla that it might be June, what would happen if I wanted to wait till July to get my car so that it is 222 reg plate and not June 221? Would I lose my spot and have to wait another month or two to get a new car again or would it be possible for Tesla to register my car for July?

As June is end of quarter you can say with pretty certainty Tesla will not wait for you and the July 222 reg. If you decline the June delivery then you go back in the queue for August

I'd take it if I were you, who knows the lag of European deliveries there will be given Shanghai still in Covid Lockdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ferg01

I asked them this question before I took delivery of mine and it was a polite but definite “no”. I second Slaves advice and take what you can get when you can get it.

Advertisement