Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Dozz wrote: »
    Thanks for that jordan. Good to get some real world figures. Am still concerned about motorway driving and range. Gonna have to have a good think about it over Christmas. Appreciate the help

No worries Dozz, remember summer range is much better and also take a 100km off manufacturers figures, so if VW 500km for ID 4, be probably be a realistic 400km, make sure you test drive them all, try to get a 24 hr test drive to get a real feel for the car before you make up your mind but if you do get a model 3 you won't be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

jordan191 wrote: »
    No worries Dozz, remember summer range is much better and also take a 100km off manufacturers figures, so if VW 500km for ID 4, be probably be a realistic 400km, make sure you test drive them all, try to get a 24 hr test drive to get a real feel for the car before you make up your mind but if you do get a model 3 you won't be disappointed

That was my next question. Any regrets? I guess not?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dozz wrote: »
    That was my next question. Any regrets? I guess not?

Absolutely ZERO regrets here too (and we only got an SR+)

Best car I’ve ever driven. (Previous best was probably a Merc E350 AMG Sport Coupé)

Wouldn’t change it for the world.

And if I do need to drive 3-4-500 km in a day, I’ll stop for a coffee a few times, and pick up a few charges along the way (I’d be taking the breaks anyway in an ICE car...)

There’s a crowd in Dublin that rent Tesla’s, so if your still unsure, rent one for 3-4 days and live with it and see how you get on with a few long trips in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Absolutely ZERO regrets here too (and we only got an SR+)

Best car I’ve ever driven. (Previous best was probably a Merc E350 AMG Sport Coupé)

Wouldn’t change it for the world.

And if I do need to drive 3-4-500 km in a day, I’ll stop for a coffee a few times, and pick up a few charges along the way (I’d be taking the breaks anyway in an ICE car...)

There’s a crowd in Dublin that rent Tesla’s, so if your still unsure, rent one for 3-4 days and live with it and see how you get on with a few long trips in it...

Great advice Andy. Never thought of doing that. Gonna look them up now. Glad to hear you have no regrets either. Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

same here zero regrets about buying my model 3 its a bloody great AWD performance car, that you can run for the price of 2 coffees a week, 25,000 kms done this year with no problems, no dodgy paint and no bits falling off as everyone on the web would make you believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

back to this spotify issue folks...

when i click spotify now, i get the usual loging prompt. i lcik the 'use tesla account' now, and i get a popup that says "before using, accept the terms and conditions", theres nothing to click, theres a link to the terms and conditions, if i click that it just brings me to the wall of text, no tickbox at the end or anything.

no matter what i do it just brings me back to the login screen.

have tesla premium connectivity but non premium spotify now.

ideas?! cant find anything onlne directly related to the same.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

copeyhagen wrote: »
    back to this spotify issue folks...

when i click spotify now, i get the usual loging prompt. i lcik the 'use tesla account' now, and i get a popup that says "before using, accept the terms and conditions", theres nothing to click, theres a link to the terms and conditions, if i click that it just brings me to the wall of text, no tickbox at the end or anything.

no matter what i do it just brings me back to the login screen.

have tesla premium connectivity but non premium spotify now.

ideas?! cant find anything onlne directly related to the same.

Rob

I got this also, could not resolve using the Tesla Account.
    It does work however if you have another Spotify account, which I have.
    But I had been using the Tesla one fine, so they broke something...the f&ckers

Any other owners get an email about complimentary mud flaps?

I followed the link and was unable to redeem the code, said it was not valid.

Anyone else get this? Anyone already got them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jusmeig wrote: »
    Any other owners get an email about complimentary mud flaps?

I followed the link and was unable to redeem the code, said it was not valid.

Anyone else get this? Anyone already got them?

I think they were offered to all M3 owners following complaints from Canadian owners.

The code seemingly doesn’t work on the Irish site, so a lot on the Facebook group have reported just using the U.K. store and Parcel Motel..

Ended up doing that myself, so will see when they arrive...

• Advertisement

The code seemingly doesn’t work on the Irish site, so a lot on the Facebook group have reported just using the U.K. store and Parcel Motel..

Ended up doing that myself, so will see when they arrive...

Did u have to pay the delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

I'll say, on a general note, having put 18,000km on my M3 LR it is hands-down the best thing I've ever driven in just about every way: as a driver's car, as an economic prospect, as a smooth and comfortable ride no matter where you are headed.

Previous cars were BMW/Audi/BMW/Lexus/Porsche so immodestly I'll admit to having been spoiled. But none of them compared to the M3.

Model S and X loaners I've had from Tesla, I didn't like. Felt spongy and old compared to the M3.

jusmeig wrote: »
    Did u have to pay the delivery?

No delivery fee from Tesla, but will have the Parcel Motel fee.

Apparently Tesla are now aware the code doesn’t work in the Irish shop so are working on a fix...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

No delivery fee from Tesla, but will have the Parcel Motel fee.

Apparently Tesla are now aware the code doesn’t work in the Irish shop so are working on a fix...

Great thanks, also had issues with the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Anyone know if new orders are coming with these mudflaps pre installed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Seth!

J-W wrote: »

I've seen them be in the frunk and you will need to install them DIY.

Seth! wrote: »

Thanks Seth.
    I'm comfortable with a bit of DIY and will install them if I get them but that kinda thing when receiving 48+k car is shocking service

Thanks Seth.
    I'm comfortable with a bit of DIY and will install them if I get them but that kinda thing when receiving 48+k car is shocking service

I know, however at some point can understand their view too as what if the new owner doesn't like it so the option is given in this case. I will put them on too after delivery.

Valid point. Tesla could just have you tick a box before final delivery and have a ranger install them at the service center . Wouldn't effect the factory production line and they could just send a crate of them to each service center . What would it cost them really.

Valid point. Tesla could just have you tick a box before final delivery and have a ranger install them at the service center . Wouldn't effect the factory production line and they could just send a crate of them to each service center . What would it cost them really.

True that but this would mean they need to work for our money instead just taking it :D

• Advertisement

True that but this would mean they need to work for our money instead just taking it :D

Ha.... . . . (Laughter slowly turns to tears).....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

In the boot with the cables for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Our July '20 SR+ came with the front mudflaps fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Don't know about Ireland but here in Germany the Service Centers are only fixing showstoppers

They don't attach the rear mudflaps as they can become damaged when unloading/loading from the truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

So I'm sure it's been covered a million times before, but whats the most tax efficient way if putting a model 3 through the business? Accelerated capital allowance on profits?

Would it be a bad idea not going for the long range version?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Aph2016 wrote: »
    So I'm sure it's been covered a million times before, but whats the most tax efficient way if putting a model 3 through the business? Accelerated capital allowance on profits?

I would also like to know - if anyone could give a worked example for a private limited company or advice I would be grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Question on increasing autopilot speed - I read there is only a 5km upper limit - can anyone with a model 3 confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Question on increasing autopilot speed - I read there is only a 5km upper limit - can anyone with a model 3 confirm?

10km max limit on national roads, no limit on Motorways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Aph2016 wrote: »

I would also like to know - if anyone could give a worked example for a private limited company or advice I would be grateful

Thought the big advantage is your company has to earn 50k to buy one but has to pay you 100k if you're buying it yourself.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they stock the mudflaps in Sandyford for collection? This is going to be easier for me that the UK site workaround.

Advertisement