Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Are these the 19 inch wheels sprayed black? They look f'in deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Has there been any further price increase since the main 4k one?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

US increased prices across the range last week, UK followed this week. Irish prices are holding as of now, but if the experience in March 22 is repeated Irish prices followed shortly after..the US &UK....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’d say €1.8k+ price increase next week across the board

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 col_m999

Sorry now if this has been covered but what are the new RWD coming with at collection?This is the list I have of what I need to get before collection (mine due 4th jan to 18th feb):

[ ] Screen protector (abstract ocean matte)

[v] Floor mats

[v] Cup holder insert (abstract ocean)

[ ] Centre console trays (tesla website)

[ ] Mud flaps

[ ] Ssd for sentry mode 1 terra bit

[ ] Centre cap and lug covers

[ ] Jack site pucks

[v] Car seat protector

[v] Performance pedal covers

Anything missing I should get?

Thanks this board has been really helpful during my research.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1. Personal choice.
    2. floor mats already included.
    3. not really required.
    4. basic front flaps included. I bought a full proper set instead. Amazon or AliExpress.
    5. Basic SSD included already. You could upgrade. But see how the included one works for you.
    6. if removing the Aeros then yes, required.
    7. Jack Pucks. Very handy to have for home jacking or in a garage although not 100% strictly required as you can position the Jack on the mount.
    8. personal choice too.
    9. performance pedals are a nice addition and one that you don’t notice h til you’ve gone from having them to not. Amazon or AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Saw someone today in skerries with an optimist (a small boat) upside down on a model 3 roof rack, its probably the same size as a large roof box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Thanks I know it will fit, I’m more concerned with what the 500km summer range potentially becomes, will a 250km trek from Dublin to the west be doable with some driving around miles at the end without the need to charge on route, just trying to figure out the usability range wise. Given I only do this trip maybe twice a year, but be nice to be able to go non-stop

• Advertisement

Not sure you will get a definitive answer to your questions..but given frequency of this planned route it is hardly a live or die decision. Plan a 30 minute stop at TESLA SUC Birdhill and save any range anxiety. In any case you will need to charge locally for your return journey. Just takes 5 minutes planning

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Thanks I know it’s no do or die just more out of interest to see what the hit is never mind adding a bike carrier when the kids get a little older, would be granny charging at destination providing I don’t blow the fuse box (old house), as charging along the WAW is pretty non existent, e.g in lahinch last year never saw the chargers free or non iced, same in lisdoonvarna and the rest of NW Clare is pretty much a charging black hole. Would more than likely be doing an overnight near Athenry on the way back so the new hub at the Raheen Woods is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JOHNNYBEGOOD 123

Anyone here traded in their Model 3 for a Model Y.

Thinking about trading my 201 M3 SR+ for Model Y.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes it just increases, no notice. Anyone with a deposit is locked in at the ordered price. Generally the increases happen on a sunday night from my observations.

Not going to bother making a thread, at least not yet, as I dont have the car yet. The dealer is putting it through the NCT and replacing 4 bald tires first. We're going to be a 2 EV house now, keeping the Ioniq.

The X is a 7 seater, 75d in midnight silver metallic (best color of course), a real unicorn as not only does it have free Suc, but also has heated and cooled seats, the cold weather pack, 22' wheels, and premium audio. The only extra I can see missing is the tow pack, but, given the range impact I dont think I'd be towing in a 75 pack anyway.

(edited to add, I knew none of the above when I went to see it, only the 7 seats and the color, I travelled on spec as there weren't even photos up yet at that stage. I was calling the dealer about an MSM S they had put up the day before which sold that day, and my X was the same, sold within 2 days of listing)

I'm logged into Tesla here and hovering over the 'Place Order' button for a new RWD Model 3, in anticipation of a price hike this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Being impulsive myself, I would probably just press the button😁. The booking deposit is not too much to lose if things don't work out..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If memory serves, you have the pre LFP SR+ right? If so (and you have the funds to cover the gap) now is the best time to order. There will likely be a price hike soon, as US and mainland Europe have gotten one. Peer Pressure!

(Just make sure you select MSM!)

Yeah, I just pulled the trigger...

The changes from my 2020 SR+ are just too many to ignore...

• Bigger battery (WLTP going from 409km to 591km)
    • Heat Pump
    • Double Glazing
    • Refresh Interior
    • MIC (quality)
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Chrome Delete
    • Plus a few more that I keep forgetting (edit: thanks @eagerv );
    • Power boot
    • Rear lights (I much prefer the new brake lights)
    • Ryzen chip

Only downside is I'd be losing .5s of acceleration to 100km/h, but as Fr. Fintan Stack once said;

"I've had my fun, and that's all that matters"

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Great, well done.

I think the WLTP with aeros on is 510km. Car is great quality alright, I am certainly impressed. As you say it is down a little on power but it's a smooth performer and very well equipped.

Also plus new rear light cluster, Ryzen chip and power boot..

• Advertisement

Yeah, pre LFP 2020 SR+ with the 409km WLTP range - Made in USA

Pearl White all the way for me...... (I think it looks so much better with the chrome delete)

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't order it before the last price hike, as I was on the site, and had my config selected, all good to go.... THE NIGHT BEFORE THE PRICE INCREASE!!!!!!! So I'm not making the same mistake again....

Delivery April - June 2023 so plenty of time to make up my mind if IK actually want it or not (probably will want it).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

FYI, current range on 100/80 mix roads is about 440kms in M3 RWD

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Hi, if you place an order for M3 SR, can you cancel if you want to before the due order date? I'm thinking of placing a deposit down, dont mind if i lose the €250. I'm going for blue with 18" wheels and standard interior. But I also have a deposit down on an EV6, due Q1 2023. I want to get in before the incoming Tesla price hikes. Thanks.

Yes, you can cancel right up to the point of collection.

Yes there is no obligation to finalise transaction until you accept delivery and make final payment. The only issue is the deposit is non refundable. You would also be able to defer delivery ifyiu were nit ready r unsure at time car is offered. With deliveries now listed as Q1 2023, there is plenty of time for further price hikes and pressing the4 button today locks in price.

I did the same on Friday.. I ordered my car in January and got it in march, pricing before last 3K increase (was happy).. That means i have ordered two cars with similar spec within 5 months If Ireland follows US, UK, Australia and introduced another price rise the view i took is that the combination of my own car going up in value and locking in pricing for the new one, will most likely mean I could switch to a 2023 car without cost. The 250 deposit buys me that option and makes sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just dropped my car off at the service centre for some minor repairs (they were issues listed at collection, since the car was a display model).

I've got the loaner car for the next couple of days - a 2016 Model S P70.

I know I'm comparing my Model 3 with a car 6 years older than it, and that Tesla will have improved newer MS - but the M3 is just so much more streamlined and less cluttered inside, the handling is much nicer too - not to mention no CCS, ugh.

I was the same when I got into an S90D loaner about a year ago.. felt like a big barge, and when I got back into my SR+, couldn't believe how much more nimble it was to drive... really didn't like the bigger steering wheel!! felt like a bus steering wheel!!!

• Advertisement

I too placed an order on Friday I’m now getting messages to confirm payment details I’m not sure what road I’ll take yet whether it’s AIB HP, or PCP as I believe that is now an option and whether I trade in or sell privately, or sell one of the kids and keep my Cupra too! Can I just ignore for now or do I need to do something and can I change my mind pre delivery any help welcome +1 for MSM!

Advertisement