Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Dozz wrote: »
    Do explain

He's not grasped the bigger picture yet. Plenty of options for his kind. Just not open minded enough. Best to ignore.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Have been testing the model 3 for the weekend and I'm hooked. Can't possibly go back to a diesel car after driving it. The autopilot is fantastic, acceleration is incredible. Love the simplicity of the design. Only question is, is the long range worth the extra 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Have been testing the model 3 for the weekend and I'm hooked. Can't possibly go back to a diesel car after driving it. The autopilot is fantastic, acceleration is incredible. Love the simplicity of the design. Only question is, is the long range worth the extra 10k.

Nice to hear. What model were you driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Depends upon if you need the extra range, and how frequently? I do and am glad I spent the extra

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

LR will give greater comfort to avoid the public charging infrastructure, however if the Irish Tesla Superchargers are on your frequent routes you are laughing.
    The LR will also have a much better resale value and given Tesla's predictable battery degradation will be a meaningful range EV for many many years to come

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Hi not sure I think I asked this before - I found the model 3 a bit rough on country lanes during a test drive - would bigger wheels help more rubber or is the performance model much better or a second hand Model S perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hi not sure I think I asked this before - I found the model 3 a bit rough on country lanes during a test drive - would bigger wheels help more rubber or is the performance model much better or a second hand Model S perhaps

Smaller wheels give better ride quality. One of the reasons I didn't get a Performance after testing all three on rough roads.

Lumen wrote: »
    Smaller wheels give better ride quality. One of the reasons I didn't get a Performance after testing all three on rough roads.

Thanks not many people agree with me on this one but I can’t seem to get over it - loved everything else - I thought more rubber would help - I’ll get another test drive so ..

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Thanks not many people agree with me on this one but I can’t seem to get over it - loved everything else - I thought more rubber would help - I’ll get another test drive so ..

I read a tread with similar complaints about ride comfort on the larger rims.
    Some folk are going as far as putting the 18's on the performance and long-range.
    You have to get wheel spacers to move the time out about a cm and then file just a tiny bit off the body of the brake calipers to make it work .

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

J-W wrote: »
    I read a tread with similar complaints about ride comfort on the larger rims.
    Some folk are going as far as putting the 18's on the performance and long-range.
    You have to get wheel spacers to move the time out about a cm and then file just a tiny bit off the body of the brake calipers to make it work .

Or see if you can get a performance minus they come with 18" rims and are more comfortable on rough roads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’d imagine all the deliveries planned for this week are off due to the ‘current situation’

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’d imagine all the deliveries planned for this week are off due to the ‘current situation’

Yes.
    Guy on the FB group just posted that his delivery for this week has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭teslad

Honestly - if you can manage it I would get the LR. Living with the LR for 9 months and 18000km now, I don't think it would be as happy in a SR. Having that bit extra really feels meaningful. Of course, it does depend on your requirements. Agree with others that the resale will be stronger for the LR - but I can also see lots of us keeping these M3s for many MANY years. Best car I've ever owned despite the few little issues along the way. Good luck with it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

After upgrading from a 60ah I3 the SR+ has loads of range. Your view might be different if coming for an ICE.

In the current weather I am getting about 300km range on N roads (based on 100% charge). It's going to be higher in summer of course, but far lower if doing a motorway journey.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Yes.
    Guy on the FB group just posted that his delivery for this week has been cancelled.

Does that mean they will get a 211 Reg if they get it in the new year?

Does that mean they will get a 211 Reg if they get it in the new year?

It's probably already registered as a 202. Mine was done a week before delivery.

No way would I be accepting a 202 car in January

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

slave1 wrote: »
    No way would I be accepting a 202 car in January

I'd say look at the impact of the VRT changes, you may end up paying up to €1,500 for the pleasure of the 211 plate.

liamog wrote: »
    I'd say look at the impact of the VRT changes, you may end up paying up to €1,500 for the pleasure of the 211 plate.

So be it, a 211 plate is also worth more than a 202 plate.
    If you buy a 202 plate in January 2021 then from a crude plate versus plate perspective it is 6 months old and depreciated in value accordingly.
    Depreciation steps are (rightly or wrongly) in six months increments according to the plate

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

One for a bit of man maths I guess, work out how long you plan to keep the car, and at that point do you predict depreciation per 6 months will be above or below the extra VRT price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

To me this type of situation is exactly the reason they should get rid of age dating registration plates. And for that matter, also allow you to change plates when you buy a second car to match your county. Where I’m from in Australia you receive a random plate (letters and numbers) but then can choose to have a local plate with your region if you prefer and can change plates whenever you want. As long as the registration cert shows the first date of registration, and there is a record of all plate changes on a car, there is just no need to have it displayed on the actual car.

liamog wrote: »
    One for a bit of man maths I guess, work out how long you plan to keep the car, and at that point do you predict depreciation per 6 months will be above or below the extra VRT price.

More so the vat rate change adding to the expense (one wonders if it will be extended) than the vrt change

It pure SIMI Lobbying, same as it's 2020 and we have to stick paper onto our cars to prove insurance, tax and NCT.
    The mind boggles how we keep people in employment paper managing such an inefficient and environmentally damage approach

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

slave1 wrote: »
    So be it, a 211 plate is also worth more than a 202 plate.
    If you buy a 202 plate in January 2021 then from a crude plate versus plate perspective it is 6 months old and depreciated in value accordingly.
    Depreciation steps are (rightly or wrongly) in six months increments according to the plate

Erhh ... depreciation on Tesla's is f*** all. You know that, right ? I mean, they depreciate like 10% and then stay like that for 3-4 years.

It's not like other cars. The demand still can't be fulfilled.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Seth!

Hi Guys,

A quick question (I forgot to ask Tesla) I've got my M3 today and due to the weather the guy told me to go home and check everything then take pictures of any defects and send it to them. Now this is what I forgot to ask where to send them?

Thanks

Seth! wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

A quick question (I forgot to ask Tesla) I've got my M3 today and due to the weather the guy told me to go home and check everything then take pictures of any defects and send it to them. Now this is what I forgot to ask where to send them?

Thanks

I didn't ask either , but would presume DeliveryIE@tesla.com

jhegarty wrote: »
    I didn't ask either , but would presume DeliveryIE@tesla.com

Thanks, are your cams working (all?), because my left and rear aren't:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Can I ask what issues you are having (if any)?

Dozz wrote: »
    Can I ask what issues you are having (if any)?

So far what I've noticed: left and rear cameras are not working, few scuff marks inside on the liner, few misaligned body panels and rear lights I couldn't do a full check in this poxy weather today.

• Advertisement

Thanks, are your cams working (all?), because my left and rear aren't:mad:

All working for me. The side ones were slow to load but this has been fixed since the update to 2020.48.10.

Advertisement