Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

No need to do anything for the 5k seai grant. Tesla look after that. They will look for some info before collection but you only pay the nett amount, providing car is due the grant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Grant is done by the dealer once you have been assigned a VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 col_keaney

Does the price quoted on their website for the base model (52,972K) include the SEAI grant of 5K? or can I get it for 47,972K with the grant?

Why does it go from 52,990K to 52,972K when you get to the purchase page? Is it just me or is the pricing breakdown very confusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

yes it includes grant. Reason why there is a slight difference is because there is no grant, vrt or delivery included in the headline price. in the case of the base rwd the grant is almost same as the added vrt and delivery.

if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

I can understand your confusion. For most basic Model 3 (White, 18"Aero Wheels) the cash price is EUR 52,972, which is net of SEAI grant. The basic price quoted on website 52,990 does NOT include Vehicle Registration TAX (approx 4K). Can certainly empathise with a view that this is misleading, but it is no doubt a marketing ploy. Gets customers interested and they then cross that psychological milestone of wanting one.......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

€52,972 includes the SEAI grant of €5,000 (so the actual price is €57k) - so if you add options to bring that €57k above €60k (red paint, bigger wheels etc....) you then lose the grant all together!!

yes, very confusing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s confusing because the base M3 straddles the SEAI Grant threshold.

Other manufacturers don’t have this problem per say as their cars are either a lot lower (niro etc) or a lot higher (i4 etc) so the Grant effect never kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

My EDD just moved from Aug to Sept back to Jan 23 to Mar 23…

This is starting to mess with my head… I was about to advertise my own car for sale next week in anticipation of the late August delivery.. That said, I won’t be surprised if it moves again tomorrow…

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Head wrecking. Mine has also changed from Aug/Sep to Feb 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Mine changed again, Estimated delivery: Sep - Nov 2022

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

My estimated delivery is now November. Was due in a month. I’m having a charger installed next week and have work in the trade in scheduled. Not cancelling that yet as they could easily bring it forward again.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

Changes to EDD's are nothing new for those who follow Tesla and today's movements appear to revert back to the original estimates or those featuring on their website for new orders , perhaps a hold or default. There is a ship Morning Chorus due to arrive Shanghai and load with Teslas for Europe. I expect there will be updates to EDD's for Model 3 and either way we will know more about Q3 deliveries. Patience....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

Mine has gone back to Jan-Mar '23 too from Aug 15 - Sep 14. How does the SEAI charger grant work - I know my approval is for 6 months, but I presume I won't be able to claim back the amount until I have my registration details? Therefore, am I better to push it out a bit for now?

U missed the bit where I waited 4 years for a Model 3 :D

I think in the interests of UX, they should probably not change their EDD 3/4 times in as many days -> as its less about patience and more about chargers, finance, trade ins etc

My advice for any new buyers-> do absolutely nothing until their is someone calling you and saying "car is here give me money"

Post edited by jusmeig on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Mine has also moved out to Jan to March 2023, will wait a few days and see it it changes again before kicking one of the kids, probably foolish but I have everything organised including Selling my existing car, finance and charger install which I presume I may have to cancel, is there a 6 month limit from approval to claiming?

No harm in getting the charger done anyway if you have the cash handy. They’re unlikely to get cheaper and who knows what will happen with the grant. One less thing to organise also when the car eventually arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

I've no issue with getting it done once I can get the €600 grant - if I lose this because it's too far ahead of getting the car is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Mine changed to from Aug 15\Sept 14 to Feb 2023

🤕

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Unchanged here for now, still 14aug-14sep, Blue/RWD/Aeros

• Registered Users Posts: 24 col_keaney

Did everyone here pay the website price or is their room to haggle with a sales person? Its always nice to get some sort of a discount :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Maybe if you find a used one from a dealer, Tesla are selling more cars than they can produce so I doubt there will be any haggling any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Buying a new Tesla is more like buying an iPhone. The price is the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Nope, no car reg needed to get approved...I believe to get the moola at the end though you need the reg and photo of the cat beside the charger

For those that have been on this journey before how long prior to delivery did Tesla seek the SEAI paperwork. I was confident when they looked for it so quickly that the aug-sept EDDs were for real! It might all turn out to be a glitch or else we will be anxiously waiting to see if there are changes in the grant in the budget!

So if our EDD has just been pushed back is there any prospect of it being brought back close again for Aug-Sept delivery?

I ordered in March. Anyone have an opinion on the likelihood that I will get the car this year - current EDD is Nov?

I've paid for the charger and install but it hasn't happened yet. Sounds like I should cancel this/ look for a refund.

I can understand delay and was prepared to wait - but for them to be texting me telling me to be ready in August that the car is coming is pretty bad.

I think we are probably in limbo for the next few days I find it hard to believe that such sophisticated manufacturing and the associated supply chain could be so screwed up, I’m really hoping that the EDDs change back as there had to be a reason for them to be shortened and then defined as a 4 week window between aug and sept. When I was on to Tesla last week they were quietly confident the EDD was real, but wouldn’t be the first time my missus had about as much insight as someone working in a global company so I’d say all we can do is wait. Re the charger like you I’m booked in but haven’t laid a penny and I was only approved last week, I think and I’m sure someone will correct me that you have 6 months to get the install done, and the claim submitted so you can’t do the install now then claim in 2023 if that was when the car arrives, you need the VRC to claim so must really have the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Ordered in Feb. MSM, 19" wheels and white interior. So far this evening EDD still holding at Aug 23 - September 22.

No idea what the logic is anymore. Maybe the extra options are whats saving me for the moment? Very hard to plan selling my current car around this.

Advertisement