Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Delivery date now August 3 - 17. No VIN yet. The app is asking for Bluetooth.

This is for a grey RWD ordered 30th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

Delivery Aug 3 - Aug 17, order 4th July - far quicker than expected.

RWD white, white interior

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Delivery Aug 2 - Aug 16, order 16th June

M3 RWD white, white interior

Bluetooth enable request - no VIN yet

I need to go and organise my home charger now....

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Delivery Aug 3 - Aug 17, ordered 17th June

M3 RWD White, black interior

vin in source code

excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Ordered end of Feb, 5 months ago. Still stuck on Aug-Sep :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Delivery Aug 3 - Aug 16, ordered 4th May.

M3 RWD blue, black interior

Bluetooth enable request - no VIN yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Hello Tesla owners/buyers/admirers,

I am a BMW owner and toying with the idea of switching to a Model 3. Current car is 530e (which I love, but would like to go fully electric).

I've sent my car details and photos to Tesla for a valuation. Specced a Model 3 on the Tesla site, pretty much the standard or base spec:

• pearl white
    • RWD (standard range variant)
    • upgraded to 19" wheels
    • black interior (would prefer white but it bumps me over the SEAI grant limit)
    • no autopilot or self drive functions to keep cost down

What's the process to add these functions later? Is it more expensive? Does it require retrofitting any equipment or is it all over the air?

Lastly, want to also get some PCP figures. Do I just email First auto finance (or is it finance ireland)?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

Just had my delivery date updated to 3-17 august no VIN number yet.

M3

RWD

blue with black interior

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

The car will come with the basic autopilot as standard. If you want to upgrade later you purchase through the app and the software will be sent to your car.

If memory serves, updating after you purchase the car works out cheaper, not only because of the grant, but because it doesn't add to the value of the car and hence the VRT when it's being registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MFour

Hi, I am interested in purchasing a bike rack for my Model 3 2022. Up to 3 bikes for occasional family use. I have some concerns on paint scratching and opening the powered boot while the rack is on. All recommendations welcome. I am leaning towards the Allen Sports Deluxe 3 Tailgate Bike Carrier ( approx £60 from Amaz), with additional scratches protectors. I would like to know if anyone has any experience here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Ordered early Feb, model 3 blue with white interior, got a vin today also

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

Me too!🎉

Ordered April 16th

M3 RWD/MSM/Black/18 Aero/No FSD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I'm the same, granted I did not order in Feb only a few weeks back.

What spec did you order...so i we can waste time trying to figure out if there is some pattern

I have the same. Anyone know is this LRW3 number is a placeholder until proper Tesla VIN is generated, or is this the actual VIN?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I checked, means the car was produced in China

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

You were lucky to get the order in before the big March price increase, though realise that the waiting is a pita. Saved you about 8K?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

My Account updated to 'Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery'. For people that have been through this, when did you pay this off? I was thinking I'd do this once I have a final delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Was 1st car in queue at traffic light this morning in Waterford. Got the beep to tell me the lights had changed to green, very handy though could be a little louder. (A new feature in recent update).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Same, although doesn't always work, still a nice feature to have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dmaprelude

Delivery date just changed to Aug 19 - Sept 3 ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

EDD updated to Aug 3rd - 17th

Very exciting stuff altogether - no Vin sent tomme and on holiers so don't have access to view source on my phone.

Sent back the SEAI Grant form today

It'll be Christmas Eve for the next 2-3 weeks 😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 30 myszonutd

RWD Blue White interior ordered on the 11th of march and still no vin or any updates, stuck on edd August 23 - September 22, don't understand how others are getting their VIN and getting their cars before me so frustrating if I've to wait another few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

Its a great feature ..also if there is a car in front of you and lights go green, you only get the beep when car in front starts to move....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daithi88

Thats the same EDD I had before the update this morning. I wouldn’t give up hope yet, there’s another ship destined for Zeebruge about to leave Shanghai today.

I would be surprised if you don’t see movement in your account over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

This is just standard, once you clear the other steps, provide registration details etc, the status on your account page changes to show this message. You are right to await a confirmed delivery date before making the payment. Tesla don't put you under any pressure on this issue ...just make sure you transfer the funds ahead of your pickup date. Bear in mind also that it can take a little time (day or 2) for Tesla to allocate your payment to your order. What some people do is make a nominal payment of say EUR100 onlne quoting your RN number to ensure that the mechanics are working. You will usually see the payment refllected on your account page after about a day, giving you a greater level of confidence that the payment mechanics are working.

Best of luck ... you will love the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Same here can’t believe I missed all the excitement today, on holidays in the boonies surviving on 2.5G, EDD aug 3-17 need to figure out how to view source on iPhone now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Used a tool called web inspector on IOS to find the VIN, happy days, still can believe I will have a car so quick considering only ordered a month ago, don’t anyone tell Podge!

Advertisement