Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I had the same issue, i had to call and swap to my wife's phone number as i would never receive the code. Hers worked first try.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can you install the charger yourself and still qualify for the charger grant?

Amateur electrician:

Brown to brown, earth to earth, blue to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭eagerv

Anyone with a VIN and waiting on a car, don't forget you can join the Tesla Owners Ireland Facebook group, a good place as well as here. Lots of knowledgeable people there also...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

U would need a RECI certified sparks to sign off on your works to get grant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In what way is it superior?

Im not sure if I could justify the additional cost for it and I have MyEnergy products in my PV set up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Morning all, is anyone else’s EDD still showing as August 3-17? Looking at the TMC shipping thread there may be an unexpected ship or 2 on the high seas with M3s onboard potentially bound for Zeebrugge. I have a VIN in source code really just trying to figure out if the car will arrive when I’m away or is it likely still to be pushed to later in August?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JOL1

I had similar EDD up until yesterday but it then changed to Aug 19th to Sept 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I spoke to a couple of electricians I know, both said Zappi v2 had superior features over the likes of Wallbox, Ohme. They said nothing wrong with the Wallbox/Ohme at all, just the Zappi was the better product. The price difference is about 200€, so they recommended spend that bit extra.

Assume you're pushing out your delivery until Q1 '23?

All working fine this morning. They had the correct mobile number, so assume they had a technical issue last evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oxymon

Question for anyone who has a standard range plus model 3 with the Lfp battery (or even previous version).

I know the lfp batteries don’t do well in the cold weather, but a lot of the tests I see online are weather tests at say -10 degrees, which thankfully we don’t get here during winter.

How bad is the range loss in winter? The one trip I’d be doing nearly every week would be a round trip of about 330km in the same day, about an hour and 10 of motorway driving each way then city driving. I’m wondering is it going to get to the point where I have to charge going up and down when it gets to winter. Thankfully there’s the new supercharger site in Enfield, but when chatting to the sales guys in sandyford they said I wouldn’t even need to charge at all lol! The abetterrouteplanner app is saying otherwise!

if anyone has any insight on how doable a 330km journey is in winter or has any experience doing a similar long journey let me know. I’m kind of thinking maybe I should go for the long range, but at the same time it’s 18k more for that due to no grant after 60k.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Disaster (of sorts) - I was on a road trip yesterday and in the rear view mirror I noticed what looked like a crack on the back window.

Sure enough, when I pulled in there was a chip at the base of the window and a crack that goes about a foot up the window. (Apologies for the dusy window - I didn't really want to clean or touch it after I spotted the crack)

No idea what could have caused that. if it was the front windscreen I would have presumed a loose stone, but it would have to be very accurate to to hit right at the base of the rear window - I wasn't parked under a tree or anything.

Questions for guidance from anyone with experience:

1. What repair options are available (e.g. Resin / Replace)?
      1. Replace is likely to be expensive as it would be the whole rear glass panel of the car that would require replacement - down side of the panoramic roof, I suppose.
      2. I think I have windscreen cover on my insurance, without affecting NCD, would it be possible that this might be covered?
    2. Is it best to go directly with Tesla or are there any recommended third-part repair places (Dublin area)
    3. Any other advice?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We can't really know for sure on LFP and Winter as last Winter was so mild, I suggest however that you are absolutely fine for 330km, I'm getting 440kms+ in current weather mixed roads, and my advise is the LR is not worth the extra money if you are just looking at range. Worst case scenario you can drop to 100 or 110 on the motorway (really does not have that much of an impact on journey time) or pitstop in Enfield for max 10minutes.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I'm not an owner yet, but have seen a good few people discuss the SR v LR and also LFP batteries in the colder months. The consensus seems to be, once you pre-condition the car in the winter, you will still get very good range.

As for the LR v SR, again many people are saying that given you will can charge the LFP batteries (in SR only) to 100% as often or as frequently as you like versus in LR or Performance, you would typically charge the batteries in 80-90% and to 100% only really when you are planning a long journey. So the actual usable range on a daily basis for both is closer than you think.

Also allowing for battery degradation in non LFP battery cars, the view seems to be that the SR will have better usable range over the LR after 3-5 years. Therefore my view is that the SR is a better overall option than LR and certainly not worth the extra money.

Had a chip front window, much smaller than that and it was a full replacement.

I think they only use the resin if its chipped and not cracked like that. U will need to replace the whole piece of glass I suspect :(

Maybe someone dropped something on it?

Thanks a million for the response, you’ve eased my worries a lot! 😂 Abetterrouteplanner reckons I wouldn’t be able to do the journey even in this weather going 110km on the motorway without charging on the way home but I have read that is overly conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 unabashed_goldfish

I only picked up the car late March this year so take the above with a pinch of salt as it's missing most of winter and it's a brand new battery etc. But so far I'm pretty pleased with how consistent the range can be. Of course there may be a certain temperature where LFP really falls of a cliff, this upcoming winter will be interesting to see.

I've found ABRP to be quite conservative in its estimates compared to what I get on the day so I wouldn't be too put off by that. It's a great app but there are so many variables that it can be off or spot on depending on the conditions.

• Advertisement

Ok, that's what I thought about the resin vs replace - the car was in a public car park for a good chunk (no pun intended) of the day.

Thanks for the reply - did you just go with Tesla and set up a Service to replace? As a rough guide, how much did the replacement end up costing (feel free to DM if you don't want to post details publicly)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JOL1

Thats upsetting. I suggest that you consider talking to Tesla or logging service call with them to investigate if it was a weakness/defect as seems strange given location that a crack of this size would result.(assuming you weren't playing with a pellet gun). They may have come across similar and nothing to lose by taking this approach. You can do this on the app, under the Service tab.... or an in person visit to Service centre in Sandyford

No. So I called the insurance company who then called Tesla. Because it was a front window, the work needs to be done in Sandyford as they had to recalibrate the autopilot cameras. The Autoglass guy calls to Sandyford on the day, does the job and then the Tesla engineers did the rest.

Note the glass replacement was covered, I did get charged a fee (cant remember like 100 quid or something) for the calibration.

As this is a back window, I think u wont need Tesla tho, but might be wrong.

Did a sphin up and down to Wexford yesterday, returning via Sallins to Dublin -> 2020 Standard Range Plus

Left with 100%

Distance: 352km Total: 50 kWh Average: 141 Wh/km

Plugged into a 22 kWh in Wexford town while we had lunch, 56mins for 10.8 kWh for a low low price of €4.05

Got home with 16% charge. If I did not detour to Sallins, I could have made it home with 6%, not charging either way.

The Model 3 wipes the floor with the competition for efficiency. This was some mixed driving but mostly motorway, 120 on motorways, 100 M50 and some town driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Agreed.

im currently in Lithuania in mine, and was driving yesterday at 90km/h for about 60km, and my consumption was ~120Wh/km, which would give my 409km/WLTP SR+ about 415km of range from a full tank!!! And non motorway roads over here are limited to 90km/h, so I’m sorted…..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭wassie

I have an SR+ Fremont 2021 update model but has NCA 50kW batteries. I only charge to 90% and get 250km in the depths of winter at low single digits - ALL motorway driving at 120kmh.

As @slave1 said, if you drop down even to 110kmh it improves your range. LFP and new models with LFP charging to 100% would have better range. But if you do use a super charger your most likely only going to be there 5-10mins to get home easily.

Ya used to have an Ioniq 28, driving ~110kmh made a huge difference for the overall range, and u did not feel like you were a hindrance on the motorway.

Thanks for all the responses folks, gonna go ahead and get the car now! Got the vin in the source code the other day so not long to go now! 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I can confirm that driving at a steady 170km/h has a detrimental effect on range in a Model 3…….

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the advice - it's a strange spot for a crack to appear out of the blue. I followed the advice and contacted Tesla via the App, sent photos and if it's a weakness/defect, they said they could cover under warranty. They asked me to drop in for a visual inspection first, so they can determine if that's the case, which is fair enough.

Advertisement