Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Well that's disappointing.

So many unknowns with Tesla. Its mad really, as are we for contemplating buying them....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Some good car cleaning weather today :D

model3.png

jusmeig wrote: »
    Some good car cleaning weather today :D

model3.png

V nice

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Took my LR AWD for a trip on untreated solid ice covered Donegal mountain roads.

Aware of repair costs and its 1847 kg of mass and some basic physics about a body in motion I drove quite slowly but was very impressed by the road holding when driving up and down very steep hills.

mouthful wrote: »
    Took my LR AWD for a trip on untreated solid ice covered Donegal mountain roads.

Aware of repair costs and its 1847 kg of mass and some basic physics about a body in motion I drove quite slowly but was very impressed by the road holding when driving up and down very steep hills.

Did you make it :)

• Advertisement

Question: Anyone noticed this on the booth of their M3?

So the water in the channel in the rubber gasket seems ok, as this is basically what it's designed to do, but I was surprised to see water to the right of the gasket in the photo below, basically between gasket and the plastic removable piece.

I went ahead and removed the plastic piece, and it looks like there is a trench in this, and there is no water under the plastic piece so I'm not overly concerned about ingress into the body, but just wondering if someone could take a snap of their booth and see if this happens also.

gasket-water.png

Remove plastic piece, all dry underneath:

dry.png

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

jusmeig wrote: »
    Did you make it :)

I did, the traction control worked its magic really well and resolved any slippage well before I could panic.

The back lights are an issue however and never defrosted for the entire journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I’m buying a number of accessories for my upcoming Model 3 SR+. So far I have bought the mats for the front trunk, back trunk and the floor mats.

Anyone knows if I need to buy anything else?

Will I need a USB flash disk for the cameras/sentry mode? Does it come with the car or do I need to buy it myself? And any recommendation?

Sam W wrote: »
    I’m buying a number of accessories for my upcoming Model 3 SR+. So far I have bought the mats for the front trunk, back trunk and the floor mats.

Will I need a USB flash disk for the cameras/sentry mode? Does it come with the car or do I need to buy it myself? And any recommendation?

Hi Sam. Is it for a 2021 model? If so it should come with a USB in the glove box for sentry mode.
    Also the frunk is smaller in the 2021 model. U should check that the mat is the right size.
    Can I ask where u purchased the accessories as I am on the look out myself?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Don’t get a USB flash drive, get a high endurance micro SD card instead as it will last a lot longer (flash drives don’t last long when constantly written over)

Get a wheel nut & centre cap cover kit if you want to remove the aero hub caps....

Get a puncture repair kit and a compressor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

One of the latest software updates is giving a warning that micro sd card that I was using for 10months with no issues is too small. So if getting one of these buy a bigger one like 128GB. You'll need a Micro SD card reader as well.

One of the latest software updates is giving a warning that micro sd card that I was using for 10months with no issues is too small. So if getting one of these buy a bigger one like 128GB. You'll need a Micro SD card reader as well.

I started getting that warning also (and I already have a 128gb card), so just went and deleted a load of old Sentry Mode events.

The problem is the Sentry & Dashcam events are so large, with anything from 4 video files to 40+ video files for a single event...

I get it for Sentry Mode where you might need the 5-10 minutes before the trigger moment to see what preceded it, but not so much for Dashcam saved events....

Also with sentry/dashcam cards/drives, if using a wireless phone charger, and there's cables/splitters hanging around in the compartment underneath, they can get knocked around and unseat, and suddenly you no longer have dashcam recording!!! which you only realise if you look at the specific dashcam icon...

Dozz wrote: »
    Hi Sam. Is it for a 2021 model? If so it should come with a USB in the glove box for sentry mode.
    Also the frunk is smaller in the 2021 model. U should check that the mat is the right size.
    Can I ask where u purchased the accessories as I am on the look out myself?
    Thanks

Hi, yes it is a 2021 model. That’s great to know. I ordered it from Amazon just before Brexit deal read reached (so the exchange rate was really good at the time). I will check the dimensions and see if they fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Anyone waiting for Jan/Feb delivery been assigned a VIN yet?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Had a chat with Tesla Sales today. He was just about to assign me a VIN on a Model 3 currently in Southampton when he messaged someone else to ask for clarification. They aren't assigning VIN's until they figure out what to do about Brexit.

Anyone waiting for Jan/Feb delivery been assigned a VIN yet?

Am waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Also noticed the expected price change . Up E800 on the SR+ .
    But the price break down is still the old vrt ,vat ,grant . The lack of professionalism / organization is the biggest off putter for me when comparing tesla to legacy companies.
    Your just always in limbo

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Had a chat with Tesla Sales today. He was just about to assign me a VIN on a Model 3 currently in Southampton when he messaged someone else to ask for clarification. They aren't assigning VIN's until they figure out what to do about Brexit.

Yeah was chatting to them earlier too. I ordered back in July for delivery ASAP in 2021.

He was saying the operations team are currently matching people to cars and hopefully will hear more next week. He stressed that they are very aware of the VAT increase coming in Q2 and that they are planning to get the cars delivered before it goes up (but I reckon the government may extend this anyway).

Yeah was chatting to them earlier too. I ordered back in July for delivery ASAP in 2021.

He was saying the operations team are currently matching people to cars and hopefully will hear more next week. He stressed that they are very aware of the VAT increase coming in Q2 and that they are planning to get the cars delivered before it goes up (but I reckon the government may extend this anyway).

SNAP, I ordered 20th July last year.

Torturous wait :)

Slaanesh wrote: »
    SNAP, I ordered 20th July last year.

Torturous wait :)

Out of interest what model? I'm getting LR in black.

• Advertisement

Out of interest what model? I'm getting LR in black.

LR - White, Black interior, standard wheels.

I would love a delivery date so I can get finance etc sorted out.

Do any of you keep getting text messages to "complete your order"?
    I do but dont see anything left to complete bar accepting the trade in valuation (sales man said I can leave it like that up to delivery).

I do but dont see anything left to complete bar accepting the trade in valuation (sales man said I can leave it like that up to delivery).

Radio silence since July more or less. I did get offered a VIN in August but I wanted to wait until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Do any of you keep getting text messages

Haven't received anything in since early December

I did around November yeah - I rang up and they sorted it. Apparently no one had added the SEAI paperwork to my account even though I returned it to them in July.

I did around November yeah - I rang up and they sorted it. Apparently no one had added the SEAI paperwork to my account even though I returned it to them in July.

Cheers

0YlQsZk.png

Mine has been like this since December. No idea what's wrong, but Tesla has said they would look into it.

Btw just saw a 40K showroom 3SR+ on Tesla website... not sure how long that's going to last though

Btw just saw a 40K showroom 3SR+ on Tesla website... not sure how long that's going to last though

That’s probably the donor car that someone ordered last week, and most likely cancelled as it’ll take months to put it back together again!!

That’s probably the donor car that someone ordered last week, and most likely cancelled as it’ll take months to put it back together again!!

How do you know what year it is our am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Hi just hopped onto this thread and having a quick read and seen your post... what price change/ vat increase is coming , when exactly and what’s it affecting? Like ices but starting to think of Tesla’s...

Advertisement