Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

LillySV wrote: »
    Hi just hopped onto this thread and having a quick read and seen your post... what price change/ vat increase is coming , when exactly and what’s it affecting? Like ices but starting to think of Tesla’s...

The gov reduced the VAT to help with covid. This is set to go back up in March ( may not as covid is worse than ever) this will increase the price of a new ev or ICE

Seai grant of 5k is no longer valid on cars over 40k. But vrt on evs has gone down . Decrease on cheaper models ,Increase on mid price models decrease on more expensive models

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

J-W wrote: »
    The gov reduced the VAT to help with covid. This is set to go back up in March ( may not as covid is worse than ever) this will increase the price of a new ev or ICE

Seai grant of 5k is no longer valid on cars over 40k. But vrt on evs has gone down . Decrease on cheaper models ,Increase on mid price models decrease on more expensive models
    Seai grants only for new machines and not for second hand ones, yea ? I’d say there isn’t many new ones for less than 40k

Seai grants only for new machines and not for second hand ones, yea ? I’d say there isn’t many new ones for less than 40k

Ya . Way to go Green party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

J-W wrote: »
    Ya . Way to go Green party

Token gesture like everything else they do

Token gesture like everything else they do

Can't give a grant on one car twice.

Grant was never a good idea. Like all these, only benefits the wealthier. Most people can't buy new cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

The 5000 euro SEAI grant for EV is still there. It's the 5000 euro VRT relief that's been reduced or gone (for cars over 40000/50000 euro). That has been replaced by a reduction of VRT rate (from 14% to 7%).

That means, for a 50,000 euro electric car, you will have to pay 5000 - 50000 * (14%-7%) = 1500 euro extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

That’s probably the donor car that someone ordered last week, and most likely cancelled as it’ll take months to put it back together again!!

Oh I see do you think it is in bits and pieces - 7k seems a good deal I’d be tempted as not in any hurry - might give them a call

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Oh I see do you think it is in bits and pieces - 7k seems a good deal I’d be tempted as not in any hurry - might give them a call

Someone ordered a €39k Model 3 last week with less than 50km on the clock, and it turned out it was a car missing loads of parts as there was a serious delay with getting parts in for other customer Model 3’s, so was waiting for replacement parts to come in to rebuild it, I believe they said March delivery.

Still absolutely a great deal for whoever gets it, as it’ll still be a brand new 211 Model 3, just not factory finished as it’s been stripped for parts (however this might be a good thing as it’ll effectively be hand finished as opposed to factory finished)

Someone ordered a €39k Model 3 last week with less than 50km on the clock, and it turned out it was a car missing loads of parts as there was a serious delay with getting parts in for other customer Model 3’s, so was waiting for replacement parts to come in to rebuild it, I believe they said March delivery.

Still absolutely a great deal for whoever gets it, as it’ll still be a brand new 211 Model 3, just not factory finished as it’s been stripped for parts (however this might be a good thing as it’ll effectively be hand finished as opposed to factory finished)

I wonder will it be like a refresh model do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Where do you get assigned a VIN number? Does it just pop up on the app? Have completed all my paper work so waiting game now.

• Advertisement

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Where do you get assigned a VIN number? Does it just pop up on the app? Have completed all my paper work so waiting game now.

In your Tesla account online, but you can still be VIN matched without seeing the VIN in your account,

To see if you are you need to check the source code on the homepage of your Tesla account..
    fire up a Google Chrome web browser, log into your Tesla account. Click on the "manage" button, wait until it loads your "overview". Right click on the page and then "view page source". Now you can see that page in it's source code format. From here, press Ctrl+F (Find) and search for word "5YJ". If you see something like this "vin":"5 YJ XXXXX X K F 418XXX", you have your VIN.

If you open the ‘Details’ tab on that car, you will see the title of the page says it’s a 2019 model.

In comparison, the other long range car in their stock is a 2020 model.

Sam W wrote: »
    If you open the ‘Details’ tab on that car, you will see the title of the page says it’s a 2019 model.

In comparison, the other long range car in their stock is a 2020 model.

I was thinking that would be the case - I don’t actually see 2019 anywhere? I don’t understand how it would get a 211 Reg and be an old looking model? and they would hardly be able to replace with new refresh parts, e.g. heat pump. I will ring Sandyford if still there in the morning...

I don’t understand how it would get a 211 Reg and be an old looking model?.

It’s simply a car they’ve had in their possession and just never registered. If they didn’t sell it this year and sold it next January it would end up being a 221 reg. what it looks like is irrelevant.

Ford could have a shiny new 15 year old Focus that was never registered, and they could register it tomorrow as a 211 car.

It’s got nothing to do with when the car was manufactured. The 2019 is simply the Model year as per Tesla themselves, the car has never been registered in any country yet.

I was thinking that would be the case - I don’t actually see 2019 anywhere? I don’t understand how it would get a 211 Reg and be an old looking model? and they would hardly be able to replace with new refresh parts, e.g. heat pump. I will ring Sandyford if still there in the morning...

See the comparison between the two stock cars:
    https://m.imgur.com/uGWmqQp
    https://m.imgur.com/OhHZeOz

Good luck on the heat pump. Yeah it would be fantastic if they do

Not in a million years, because there is simply nowhere to put a heat pump in a 2019 model year Model 3.

See the comparison between the two stock cars:
    https://m.imgur.com/uGWmqQp
    https://m.imgur.com/OhHZeOz

Oh very good I was looking at url and different browsers but now I see...
    They hide it well, still though depending on what you get it may be a ok

It’s simply a car they’ve had in their possession and just never registered. If they didn’t sell it this year and sold it next January it would end up being a 221 reg. what it looks like is irrelevant.

Ford could have a shiny new 15 year old Focus that was never registered, and they could register it tomorrow as a 211 car.

It’s got nothing to do with when the car was manufactured. The 2019 is simply the Model year as per Tesla themselves, the car has never been registered in any country yet.

Thanks Andy
    211 makes it seem a good deal

Thanks Andy
    211 makes it seem a good deal

€40k for a brand new Tesla.

Best deal on a Tesla since unkel went to the U.K. and picked up his S for a song.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s missing various parts including interior trim and even seats. I seen the pictures last week.

It can’t be a refresh model. It’s a 2019 model.

• Advertisement

Easy, it hasn’t been registered yet.
    Technically I could have a non registered 1986 micra and if I registered it today it will be a 211 reg.

It was €39,822 last week.

Gumbo wrote: »
    It’s missing various parts including interior trim and even seats. I seen the pictures last week.

It can’t be a refresh model. It’s a 2019 model.

Yep I figured it out eventually... Gumbo you don’t sound optimistic about it? I’d appreciate your thoughts.
    Are the guys in Sandyford going to/able to put it back together again?

Yep I figured it out eventually... Gumbo you don’t sound optimistic about it? I’d appreciate your thoughts.
    Are the guys in Sandyford going to/able to put it back together again?

Yes, they will, in time.
    But the issue here is how long?
    And by the time you get it, will it still be a good deal?

It will be the older model, so for the sake of an extra 6-7k, would it be worth paying for the 21 model?

Gumbo wrote: »
    Yes, they will, in time.
    But the issue here is how long?
    And by the time you get it, will it still be a good deal?

It will be the older model, so for the sake of an extra 6-7k, would it be worth paying for the 21 model?

I see so a delay from Tesla could be a decent delay - I wasn’t in much of a hurry but still prob not it if it drags on too long - thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

In your Tesla account online, but you can still be VIN matched without seeing the VIN in your account,

To see if you are you need to check the source code on the homepage of your Tesla account..

No VIN for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I don't think the source code shows it anymore. I found my vin in the booking invoice pdf.

Just curious, how do you guys clean/wash your car? Automatic car wash, get someone to hand wash it, or just jet wash/home wash by yourself?

Was always told that automatic car wash is bad for the car, although I've always been using it...

I power hose it down first to get the heavy dirt off, then snow foam it, and then use a microfibre mit to clean it using the snow foam (Turtle Wax) as the shampoo. I used to wipe it dry with micro fibre cloths, but the last few months I've just driven up up and down a road close to me thats 80 km/h (a blow dry).

I do also have Turtle Wax shampoo, but I find the snow foam is enough to bring it up spotless.

The longest process is the initial hose down as the car does be filthy, so I try to get as much off first as possible.

Check out some youtube vids on " the two bucket" method.
    Was never arsed on previous cars but will be using it on the M3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Just curious, how do you guys clean/wash your car? Automatic car wash, get someone to hand wash it, or just jet wash/home wash by yourself?

Was always told that automatic car wash is bad for the car, although I've always been using it...

2 Bucket method all the way, well actually 3 buckets.
    I used the third for the wheels, as they tend to be fairly manky and I dont want to put all this crap into the water that i'm gonna do the car in.

3 cap fulls of this stuff and the car is like a mirror :D
    Meiguars car wash/wax

Advertisement