Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

If you are still interested I would keep a sharp eye on inventory, there may well be last minute cancellations for whatever reasons. There are a lot of cars in the pipeline atm.

I love my March 2022 RWD, but no way I would pay over 60K for one.🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

There's isn't. Maybe 3 staff on-site but they don't really do anything besides hand you a tablet to sign and show you to your vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

If u can sell ur current car for a massive loss (to yourself in a couple of steps) I've heard that can be a good way of doing it. Then buying one personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I'll be at the mercy of delivery schedules again and I'm impatient now! Sorry if this is a dumb question but if I do order a new SR+ M3 that qualifies for grant then the price is fixed regardless of what might happen in the budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Raldos

The total cost of the car is fixed once ordered. If the grant gets pulled in the budget, then you have to make up the rest of the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

We don't know about the budget, but you could place an order and possibly have it by Xmas. If one shows up in inventory after this, you can snap it up and have the extra deposit paid previously put off the inventory car.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

No. The 5k grant only guaranteed for this calendar year. If they change the grant or remove it and car is delivered in 2023, the new rules apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

Not my car to sell I'm afraid. It's a company provided leased car.

Hmm you'd wanna check that. Think u need to sign a purchase agreement

I did check it already mate. The current 5k grant scheme is only applicable until December 31, 2022.

If the government scrap the scheme or change the criteria for 2023, that’s completely outside the control of Tesla or any other manufacturer. .

We’ll find out soon enough in the ‘23 budget.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jhaj

This scenario happened me after purchasing a hybrid from Mercedes. Got a call three months after ordering asking for another €2,500 due to the government scrapping the hybrid grant..

Needles to say we got a refund and decided to go all in with an electric vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

I don’t understand why they might remove the grant, I’m I wrong in saying they are meant to support and encourage people to switch to EV?

Yes, you are correct. However they may reduce it from 5k or change the criteria so that it is not applicable or reduced for cars over a certain price - like a Tesla. Ultimately the tax payer picks up the tab for the SEAI grant, so it's predicted they will reduce or remove it over time.

indeed and given the current cost of living the question will be "sure if you can afford 60k on a car do u really need a grant"

I can see the threshold being lowered to 50k or even 40k and VRT relief and seai grants being also lowered.

Problem with that is show me a decent family car/suv EV that you can buy for those prices. They either dont exist or have unknown delivery dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Do current m3 owners rotate their tyres? I’ve passed 10k kms which Tesla recommend is the point to rotate. If you’ve done so, did you organise via ranger and how much €€?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

People paying 60k for a new car dont need grants. It's a bad use of money. Speaking as someone who bought an MSM M3 SR+ specifically because of the grant! (Because I think it will go away soon and I'll profit the appreciation in price when trading in)

Tires rotate every time you drive. If you'd like tesla to rotate them for you you can book it in the app, the ranger does it, and it's approx 30-50 quid from memory

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I didnt bother....

Replaced rear tyres at 30,000km, and all 4 at 58,000km

I didn't (and don't) fancy ever putting anything other than brand new tyres on the back of a RWD car.. but that's just me.

As for cost for rotating. buy jack pucks, a low profile jack, and a torque wrench and do it yourself....

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Question about the phone key and walk away lock/unlock. I currently have both my and my wife's phone setup as phone key and walk away lock enabled.

I noticed yesterday that our phones are constantly connecting to the car (non-stop connected notifications) and I was able to open the car door with both phone inside the house. Unfortunately, my driveway is basically about 2 meter max from our Bedroom and living room. If I understand the feature correctly, it's probably best for us to disable phone key and just use the key cards to avoid the car staying unlocked in the driveway all night? I couldnt find an option to disable the auto unlock and disabling Bluetooth isnt an option (smartwatches etc). Appreciate the help!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Your signing up to buy at the purchase price displayed. They then remove the grant.

If the grant is changed you need to make up the balance. If the grant drops to €3k then you need to make up the €2k.

Basically the final price is subject to whatever the grant is at the time of registration or whatever the rules say about the time of ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

This can be problematic if your car is parked very near your house. Another alternative which may be better than using your Tesla card is to purchase the Tesla Key Fob https://shop.tesla.com/en_ie/product/model-3_y-key-fob This provides passive locking and unlocking when you're within 1 meter of your car.

Post edited by ADSLUSER on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Anyway...........had a 2020 M3. Took it as far as Gibraltar.

Have a 2022 M3 with front radar/AP. Took that through Europe & as far north as Trondheim.

Collected a 2022 M3 last night sans radar, so "Tesla Vision".

Autopilot is now unusable in the dark. It enforces auto high beams once activated & this can't be overridden.

Every artic on the M7 will scorch the eyeballs out of you as the front facing camera(s) can't see their headlights across the central divider & consequently, doesn't dim.

This can't be overridden.

Pulling the stalk does nothing.

We all know just how bad the Tesla's auto dimming is.

Even driving into oncoming traffic is terrible with the car failing to dip the lights in 50% of cases, usually until the other cars light up their main beams. If it was a Garda coming against you, you'd be done for dazzling oncoming drivers.

It is a disaster & will 1000000% be "recalled" or pulled.

I'd advise anyone with a radar equipped car to forgo any updates until this is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Disappointing alright. I was reading last night it is spreading to all cars even those with radar.

LE I'm on 2022.20.8 just one iteration below the removal

very interesting - answers my question from the other day - radar will not be used if u update even if your car has it.

Couldn't see them developing 2 sets of autopilot )one with radar and one without).

The autobeam issue is retarded like. I want to be able to determine whether or not i use autobeam on AP.

I utterly despise the auto high beams....

Turned them off the night we collected the car, and tried them once again for about 30 seconds a few months later... useless... Sure the lights in my car always creep up anyway over time meaning I always get flashed!!

If AutoPilot requires them now at night, I guess that's the end of AutoPilot.... or else what, every time you see car lights coming towards you, instead of simply knocking off the high beams manually, you'll need to knock off AutoPilot 1st, and then the high beams!! (as that process will still be quicker than auto high beams).

The Bastár∂s are clever too, as the last update put that sh1tty alarm glitch into the car, so everyone will be eager to get the update that fixes that.... but effectively disables your cars radar and ruins your AutoPilot...

Might as well strip out all the radar components to save weight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Is there an option to select ‘adaptive cruise control’ and not autopilot or is it all the one?

Mike

It's all the one.. and comes as standard on all Model 3/Y cars (AutoPilot & AutoSteer)

1 click down = AutoPilot = Adaptive Cruise Control

2 clicks down = Autosteer = Adaptive Cruise Control + Auto Steer

1 click up = turns off all AutoPilot/AutoSteer functions

If on the motorway and using AutoSteer (in a non FSD/EAP car), when you indicate it will turn off the AutoSteer, but leave on AutoPilot... then after you've changed lane, 2 clicks down will re-engage AutoSteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

every time you see car lights coming towards you, instead of simply knocking off the high beams manually, you'll need to knock off AutoPilot 1st

That's the only solution. The good thing is knocking off AP immediately dips the main beams but if you've the speed set to anything other than the limit, i.e. you set cruise at 123km/h, disabling cruise will change the speed down. Re-enabling it will make the car speed up again.

Most entertaining on a 2 hour motorway drive in the dark. The bing bong of AP going on & off is weirdly calming while one goes nuts wondering how the biggest car company in the world, with the best tech brains in the world, with the smartest CEO in the world, can make such a balls of something like this.

I disabled autosteer & it'll maintain speed then but that's ridiculous in a brand new car, given the identical car I drove up in, works (relatively) perfectly.

They'll fix it, no doubt, in a ubiquitous software update, because they'll get so much pushback on this, they'll have no choice.

If not, the authorities will definitely intervene as blinding oncoming traffic at night, heading into the winter, won't fly for too long.

I guess they can add a * under AP & add " * autopilot is not to be used in the dark".

Simple solution - disable the enforced auto highbeam (& probably wipers). That may not be prudent though if the cameras can't see.

So you can't even have cruise control without autobeam and wipers anymore? Is this what I am hearing? If so then I cannot believe it. No cruise control at nighttime at all let alone autosteer?!?!

I mean like the autopilot was a massive selling point to me. I found it slick compared to other cars. Now I can't even use it.

What a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

The cruise will still be active the auto steer function would struggle. Would you trust it though.

Advertisement