Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

You'll need to do it again after every lane change. Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Or.. pay for EAP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭wassie

Bit annoying when we didnt have to do this previouly and I use this feature a lot - but I can live with that if needed.

What I am concerned about is a short high beam flash when engaging AP before turning it off. I rarely use highbeams on motorways as Im typically driving early evening and there is always traffic about.

Does highbeam come on straight away or is there a delay before high beam is engaged to prevent a flash?

@mc2022B2TF also commented earlier that highbeam comes back on after a short period? If so this is actually hazardous.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

AP is by far the best feature in the M3 for me as it really takes the fatigue out of driving long distances

This 1,000%

I did a 700km drive through France/Belgium a few weeks ago, and the next day another 600km through Holland/Germany.. and the same return trip a few weeks later, and was as fresh as a daisy at the end of each drive.... Did a few similar 600+ km daily drives in Ireland too and felt grand afterwards...

AP makes it so so so much easier...

I've done 3-400km drives before in my 3 Series and felt destroyed afterwards.... like I was drunk/high/hungover..... I've never once had that feeling getting out of the Model 3 after a long distance drive...

It does not come back on. You push the stalk forward and it stays off.

It will only come back on if you re-engage AP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

if thats the case then we can live with it - for me it came on again but let me try again later tonight

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Moreilly

The issue with autopilot and the high beams is no problem at all, just have to go back to manual dimming/highbeam which I use anyway as the auto lights are rubbish.

As for the auto wipers, I can say this is the dumbest system on the planet, my old ioniq nailed the auto wipers every time, never had to go near it. Tesla vision my a**e, I think I'm going to have to bring the car to Specsavers for a service!

OK, now that we've agreed that 2022.whatever doesn't completely destroy the AP feature, can anyone advise if it fixes that annoying alarm issue?

Only happens on my driveway (when Sentry is not active), and usually happens at least once every 2-3 days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The wipers are really allergic to any smearing by, for example, polishing the screen or poor wiper blades. It also sometimes gets confused by sun behind the trees. It also always wipes one or two times after the job is done. When the car was new Tesla had polished the glass and it took some weeks for the wipers to start to behave themselves. Also I used car wax on the glass this summer and the same thing happened again but fixed itself after a few weeks.

Nissan's system was more reliable in comparison although it was also affected by poor blade condition. Once you keep the glass and blades in good shape it's ok but great. And don't coat the glass with anything based on my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

Hasn't happened to me since upgrading, but have only tried twice since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I really need to test this on my EAP equipped car. Has anyone else with EAP tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Never as yet had that alarm issue, I feel as though I am missing something.☺️. Perhaps it's not an issue on new models?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It was across all models. It was a software bug in the previous software version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

First time driving my Model 3 in UK Sunday, does the speedo change to MPH automatically similar to my previous ID.3?

so, the below is easily one of the most annoying things about the car! its actually agony! was fine until i updated the software.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/mute-seatbelt-alarm-for-child-seats.264287/

No, it will remain in km, but it will display the speed limits in km/h also….. so on a motorway it will display the limit as 112km/h, or if the limit is 60mph it will display 97km/h and so on….

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭wassie

Thanks for that - but can anyone confirm if highbeam comes on straight away or is there a sight delay delay before high beam is activated when engaging AP in order to prevent a highbeam flash?

Sorry for being pedantic but I want to be sure before I upgrade if Im sitting behind in evening peak hour traffic that Im not goin to p!ss peeps off in front every time I change a lane.

High beam doesnt come straight on. Auto headlights come on. They don't activate immediately.

So upgraded the software last night and did an autopilot night time test this evening

I can confirm that the auto high beams now are disabled by pushing the stalk forward once as soon as u engage autopilot so not as bad as feared and how it was reacting last week so good news.

Issue is that when u change lanes u need to repeat the process.

Funny how tesla doesn't re-engage AP after u change lane. U need to do it manually.

Obviously that's the selling point of enhanced AP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I can confirm that the auto high beams now are disabled by pushing the stalk forward once as soon as u engage autopilot so not as bad as feared and how it was reacting last week so good news.

I concur.

On updating, our new Model 3 can now also dip the main beams by pushing the stalk forward. That wasn't the case before the update.

Not ideal, but given the car came with no forward facing radar, no choice.

Our March '22 Model 3 has the radar & I'll pass on the update for now. I drive it regularly on motorways & it'll be dark soon enough at 5pm.

In other news, Tesla say a ranger can't address excessive wind noise at the b pillar & the car needs to return to Sandyford, a 400km+ round trip, to make an adjustment to the seal/glass most likely.

Not happy at all with that.

I reckon the ranger is a lot busier these days and they can get to more work by having you come to them.

Who knows. Ranger coming to fix my tail light but others are being asked to come in.

Funny how so many left the factory with the exact same tail light issue

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

I'm still waiting a reply to my service request to fix back right tail light as well. Hoping they send a ranger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What’s the issue, condensation?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

They pushed me 24.6 as we try to diagnose my batt drain issue. I'll come back to that.

I like the new way of repositioning the blind spot screen and most importantly I like the traffic visualization, similar to google maps. Especially with the school starting navigation software is not clever enough to avoid bad spots. You need premium connectivity for it though. Another thing I noticed but that may be just subjective, the road lines are less jittery. At traffic lights , or in traffic at low speeds it used to dance all over the place. They seem more steady now. I'll keep an eye. Didn't use AP as M50 is a jungle these days

Navigation is not affected by premium connectivity. Only the visual display of live traffic. The car will tajke the same route if you have premium or not

I got 24.8 this morning!! looks the same as .6 but with some bug updates!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 col_keaney

Will the Ranger come anywhere within Ireland? Bringing the car back to Dublin isn't ideal for something that should have been fixed to start with.

• Advertisement

Yes.

They've even ventured out to the Aran Islands previously.

Advertisement