Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Will standard connectivity be aware of Live traffic and route to avoid traffic jams etc? Genuine question as I was only on standard connectivity for a month or so before caving into month subs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes, it will still route you the shortest way time wise, but you just won't see the visual on the screen unless you have Premium Connectivity.

It will route you around the traffic, you just don't get the visualisation of the traffic on your map.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes. It takes the same navigation options, it just doesnt show them in the visuals.

Someone tested this on youtube before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've been using the 50kw chargers at different times and have seen speeds of 29 - 38kw on my screen.

Tonight on the way home from town I put in my destination as Sandyford SuC and the battery started pre-conditioning. I only tried it for around 8 minutes then pulled into my local charger. I'm pulling a steady 45kw for the last 15 minutes.

Makes a big difference it seems to pre-condition for speed of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

I've charged at 126kw at Castlebellingham 130kw chargers no problem when the battery % was 25%

Battery precondition started about 15 mins before that.

So I asked this question on the delivery thread but

probably more suited to here.

Regarding the usable battery in the M3 I picked up last week.

It's supposed to be pretty much 58kwh

I haven't been seeing anywhere near that and the figures just don't make sense to me.

Attached is a screenshot of my trips as at this evening. So I charged to 100% last night and turned off sentry and dashcam since.

So since my last charge I have used a nice round 1/3 of the battery. Mixture of driving on motorway and town today. Sorry you can't see in the screenshot but battery is at 66%

Used battery is showing as 15kw which when u extrapolate it out puts it at a usable battery of 45kwh! There is something apart from driving that is eating my battery and I can't for the life of me figure it out!

U can see on 1/3 battery I only got 92km so that would mean a range of only 276km? However from the 15kwh I averaged 92km/15 = 6.13km per kwh

If 58kwh of battery is usable the range should be 355km

Furthermore if I did 92km on 1/3 of battery that would mean I had 184km of range left but the estimated range remaining was showing at 298km!

Something isn't right here. I'm going to ask the ranger for advice when he is out with me but maybe I am missing something that someone here can see??

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

Try to make it simple for us...but a few comments.

a) Your journey today must have been somewhat aggressive as it registered 164 WH/km for what was a 92 km total journey (yet the last 19km was at 143WH/km, meaning that the remaining 73 was approx 170 WH/km)

b) Your driving style influences range.

c) The indicated remaining range of 294kms does NOT take into account how you drive the car and it is best not to rely on this as an indicator. It is the WLTP calculations which approximates to a standardised methodology for comparing different vehicles. Rarely will actual performance reach these levels and this often leads to confusion and(or) disappointment. Many users switch from KM range to % battery for this reason (see d bellow)

d) Familiarise yourself with the onboard Energy app and you will get a much better level of accuracy that takes account of driving styles ambient temperatures when it comes to range. Attached a link to a well presented You tube vid on the matter which I think will help. When driving also using navigation you can also see in real time how your driving style impacts range ...helpful if you ever have range anxiety. From. my experience it is very accurate.

I haven't gone line by line into your post as I have not yet concludued my PhD in Higher mathematics.

• Advertisement

Thanks and some good points but the crux of my issue is that no matter how ur driving style is the usable battery should remain unaffected.

My issue is that while I used 33% of battery this is only showing as 15kwh of energy used

If the battery has a usable capacity of 58kw then the energy used for 33% of the battery should be 19kw

4kw has been used by something other than "driving" which seems excessive as I have sentry and dashcam off.

Surely it couldn't be aircon or some other non-driving related activity

I'm curious how over a full charge about 13kwh is being lost to something

Thanks I didn't even know about the energy app I'll take a look tomorrow as that will be useful.

The guy in the video makes a great point in that the range remaining should at least be an option to display based on driving style. Like a 25 year old ice car can do that. The epa range rating is totally useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

Easier said than done. Your driving style based over the last 10km, 25km, 50km, 100km, or lifetime driving? The problem is that these will all be different as will motorway or town driving. At least under the Energy monitor app you can select one of these options and the range is dynamic and very accurate. Its something you will get used to and is far more sophisticated than the "25 year old ice ca capability" that you mention. Give it time and a little patience before forming your view and try to keep an open mind.

Your car is a week old, the battery is likely still calibrating itself is the most likely cause, you need to just use it for a while longer and ensure you charge to 100% a few time upon initial charging sessions. I remember I set mine to 90% charge the first time and the car overwrote it to 100% to calibrate.

Tesla use EPA range figures in the car display, not WLTP.

This is a great read…

https://tesla-info.com/blog/range.php

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

For anyone following in the Facebook group, they'll have seen the absolute cluster I had yesterday since I installed 2022.24.8

Installed the update yesterday morning, all fine... went to the shop, fine, went to collect Junior BoBandy from school, all fine....

Then decided to take a spin to my mothers house which involved some motorway (great so I can check out the AP since it's vision only now)...

Driving down the motorway, engaging AP did not turn on auto high beams.. I did this a few times (it was dusk, lights were on Auto but were on as it was dark enough), and I think maybe once auto high beams came on, but I just turned it off by tapping its button on the screen..

Next up I tried AutoSteer, and it engaged, but immediately set the speed at 72km/h (this as I was passing the airport where 120km/h becomes 100km/h).. tried again a few times and it kept setting the speed at 72km/h - then a warning popped up saying AutoSteer was limited to 72km/h....

Pulled off the motorway at the Coolock exit, and tried again and this time AutoSteer was limited to 80km/h (so at least it was improving, and I suspect TeslaVision was going through some form of calibration process?).

Anyway at that point my son noticed the little red arrow on the Nav screen was still showing us at our house some 25km away (I've seen this before, and a 2 button reset always fixed it), so did the deed and reset the infotainment with a 2 button reset (while still driving).

This is where everything went tits up!!!

Before the screen came back to life, the AC fan spooled up to full power, back down to 0, and back up to full power again.... then the screen came back on and within a few seconds the car knew where it was again on the map, so problem solved I thought...............

When I got down to my mothers I noticed every single setting in the car was restored to factory default & I saw the 'Welcome to v11' flash screen

• Driver profiles - Deleted
    • All trip Data - Reset (including my 'Do not Delete' trip counter which was never reset since taking delivery 30 months ago)
    • Every setting, AutoPilot, AutoSteer beta, AP visualisation, Pin to Drive, Online Routing, Walk away door lock, lock chime, close windows, notify of windows/doors open, alarm etc was all turned off - Some settings that I'd never toggled off/on since getting the car, all disabled.......
    • Navigation Favourites - All gone
    • Charge timers - gone
    • Mobile access to car - disabled

I've had to go back in and set everything up again like it was a new car...... but losing my trip data is a pain in the arse....

On the plus side, driving back home (and it was dark by this stage), I engaged AP and AutoSteer a few times, and Auto High Beams never came on once!! So at least it seems .8 fixes that issue.

The only things I didn't lose were Spotify favourites, TuneIn favourites, and we checked this morning and the progress in SkyForce is still there!!!

Very annoying indeed.

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Losing the lifetime trips would irritate the crap out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Cheers I might need to look up how to save the profile in the cloud then. I just got the 24.8 dowloaded this morning on the motorway but I'm parked with 7% and don't really want to upgrade. Need to find myself a charger.

BIG TIME!!!!

Fcuking raging I was when I checked and it was gone....

• Advertisement

The initial install seemed fine, and nothing dramatic had changed, it was only when I rebooted the infotainment, that's when it all went wrong!!

But yeah, either way, I'd wait til I was at home, and had decent charge in the battery before doing it if I was you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

For the people who already have their Model 3, how do you find the range on the car locking and unlocking?

Does it stay unlocked when your phone (key) are in the house or if you move around the house does your car unlock itself?

Mike

I find it grand and the car is very close to the front of the gaf. I do turn off the bluetooth at night just in case mind you as its close to the bedroom. The lock is based on time+distance and will lock fine. However i find u need to be within a meter or 2 of the car for it to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

Thinking about getting a Model 3 next year (hopefully the SEAI grant is still around). Would anyone know (and as far as I can see the answer is no) if the red colour applies to the SEAI grant under the SR model? It's really a pit it doesn't.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No. Once you add the cost option it brings the car over €60k and therefore loose the grant.

Buy white and get it wrapped 🤣

I'm afraid not, as it comes in at just over the €60k mark meaning it does not qualify.. and this is the cheapest you can get the car in red (with 18" wheels)

If the grant is still there next year, get the car in white and get it wrapped and save yourself about €5k

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

Thanks both. I'd rather not get it wrapped tbh, I think it looks awful. I saw the blue and grey one are still under 60k and you get the grant, so might go with the blue.

I don't dislike the white though, I think it's a great colour so might go with that one :). Can't wait!

• Advertisement

I’ve seen quite a few of them wrapped in Ireland and some of them look absolutely stunning.

mine is white and if I keep it I could definitely see myself putting a wrap on it in a year or 2 to freshen it up…

Advertisement