Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, I think Tesla have ruined that SNL sketch for me forever now......

Even if I hear that song coming on the radio now it gives me shudders.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Just checked and I still have it (didn’t know I had it as I never checked) in my toy box if I scroll to the right it’s second last between a mars rover thingy and some rainbow thingy, made the mistake of trying it with the kids in the car, December could be fun, I’m on 2022.36.2 if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Just to add I don’t know if it was always there or came with the last update, we never made it past the whoopee cushion

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

The Supercharging voting website seems to show the north Dublin location in Santry. Also, 2 up for vote, Derry and Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭wassie

Thanks for the heads up. Just put 2 votes in for both sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

Did you ever have an ICE car before the Tesla? Because those claims of 4.7L/100 were also bullshit. I feel like you're just complaining about something that companies do all the time?

I do agree increasing the buffer is a kick in the teeth for us consumers... and I also believe it will be addressed at some point with a software change, but the claims not holding up IRL is just "expected".

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Worked

Hi sorry if this is a rehash but can't find any comments on flat tyre M3. Car is 7 wks old first EV and still getting used to it. Flat tyre this afternoon - where to start? Service centre want to tow it to oranmore service depot- any comment or advice on anyone's experience of dealing with this problem? Will I need new tyre prob? Thanks in advance! RG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Tyre centre will sort. Make sure the TPS is reading correctly after new (same brand/type) tyre is installed. A repair might be possible depending on location and hole size. Try ring ahead to confirm tyre stock in local garages. And get a tyre repair kit. Tesla sell them. Might help in the future on the few occasions they work.

Stay Free

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

And car MUST go on flatbed, not towed

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Where is the puncture?

you should carry a plug kit & compressor in the boot and then you can fix it yourself……

takes 30 seconds to plug a hole if it’s in the right place..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, Northwood was selected a few months back as a new destinantion.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Didn’t know there was a voting system. How high up do they need to be to get built?

Either way it would be in everybody’s best interests to vote for them even if they don’t head that way.

Great thanks all- was actually in sandyford yesterday and coincidentally asked what to do in event of flat- regretting that I accepted v vague response from rep and there was no mention of repair kit! Can't see any damage. Will try to reinflate in morning when I find compressor and rain stops. Service centre said they would only carry car to quickfit in galway - but they won't work on it till monday and said they don't have a tyre in stock😒. Option is to remove wheel and bring it in to them- don't fancy leaving car in there for weekend- but need special low jack and special cup things to place on hoist points?? According to service guide. Am AA member too but they don't have that jack either! Not great service either. Will update in morning. Reasonable to expect better service from tesla? Looking at 3 days to get back on rd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Reasonable to expect better service from tesla? Looking at 3 days to get back on rd

Should you expect better service a few months after spending €60k on a new car?

Yes.

Will you get it from Tesla?

No.

That said, a flat tyre isn't a specific Tesla issue & you're just unlucky it's a Friday. The AA would be more culpable here - they don't have a suitable jack?!!! That's mad Ted 🙄.

Hope you get it sorted tomorrow. I'm sure there's some local tyre guy who can get you motoring asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Glad I didn't go for the AA membership. Pretty useless if they can't even jack up a Tesla

Stay Free

I can Jack the car in my garden with a trolley Jack from Lidl.

Just get someone competent using a Jack to lift it or get a mobile tyre guy to plug it.

Teslas are not special. A puncture is a puncture.

“Reasonable to expect better service from tesla? Looking at 3 days to get back on rd”

It’s a Friday. Show me another main dealer that will have you on the road any sooner. Main dealers are not for tyre replacements.

^ This. All This.

Tesla sell cars and will fix the cars they sell if they break. Punctures are a part of every day life and are not exclusive to Tesla! and it’s not Tesla’s fault you got a puncture, and as such they don’t offer a 24/7 puncture repair service. (Give Joe Duffy a call and tell them your new BMW has a puncture and see what they say in the same situation).

now Tesla can and will sort you out (and charge you way over the odds for the privilege) but in their own time (Monday-Friday), so what most folk will do is carry a plug kit and compressor and sort the problem themselves. You don’t even need to Jack the car up to repair the vast majority of punctures.

Buy one of these;

GADLANE Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit Flat Tyre Tools 7pc Tubeless for Emergency Auto Car Motorcycle Truck ATV Jeep Tractor 20 String Repair Plugs https://amzn.eu/d/4pT9f5k

OP if you were within 5-10 minutes of me in Fingal, I’d happily plug the tyre for you and show how to do it (it’s easy).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I had a slow puncture that occurred a few months after I bought the car. Happened on a weekend, too.

Called Tesla Roadside assistance and they said they could maybe arrange tow to somewhere. I remembered that I still had AA cover from my previous car, so gave them a shout.

Within 30-40 mins the AA had someone out to my location, jacked the car up, found the issue plugged the hole and I was back up and [electric] motoring.

Turned out there was a great, big screw in the tyre. That's 100% not Tesla's fault and could happen to a bishop, but for service and assistance, I can't fault the AA above Tesla Roadside assistance.

Great to have all input- yes boy scout lesson learned! But for this morning- Nail located in tyre. 2psi. Can't find 12v changing point in car-? not in central console as on you tube .was hoping could inflate and bring to fastfit. Does new Sept model have one? Also issue with type of jack- will get low profile one as car v low with flat. Lots of warnings about poss of damaging the battery using wrong jack or not using jack adaptors- newbie anxiety I know. And thanks for offer ! but 180km from finglas- and feels further sometimes- all this v new to the west it seems😉

Aha ! you all know this but for other 🥵 charge point in centre console set in above light in rear compartment- took a while😉

• Advertisement

Glad your sorted and as you mention, these tips are not Tesla related.

I carry the same kit from my 2007 BMW which had run flats and no spare also. And every other bmw I’ve owned from the mid naughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Anyone looked at or installed these kits for upgrading the audio? Apparently the SR/ RWD cars have some of the speakers from the higher trims installed but not connected (cheaper to manufacture). You can get kits for connecting these and adding a subwoofer to the spot in the boot where these normally go.

Some music isn't sounding too great for me through the speakers so I'm tempted..

Check out the install videos on You Tube, the install in pretty intense, removing back seats etc if you want to put a sub in

Wow - you basically have to disassemble most of the car. .

Doing some research on this on other forums and installing this will void the warranty if there are any problems later - and a lot of people seem to be having issues such as batteries needing to be replaced, 12v failure messages, bugs after install etc. Will steer clear.

That's the bonus with Model Y RWD "basic" model, comes with a sub and superior sound. My S had premium audio and the sound was on a different planet, £2.5k extra at time of purchase (original purchase that is, not my one!!!)

Update flat tyre M3.Thanks for all advice- v useful in the future - but as to present- am posting in event helpful to other newbies!AA Galway don't have suitable jack and the adapter needed for tesla and neither it seems do garages and they also don't have replacement tyre in stock. AA came out and advised not to let anyone use jack without adapter- anyone else familiar with this? Said there was a bolt/nail in tyre and v likely new trye needed.Going to try sandyford tomorrow- with tyre repair fill in tyre🤞 in future will travel with compressor tyre fill adapter and possibly Low profile jack!! As you all do😉

They are just covering their ass.

If you look underneath there’s a metal plate. You can use an adaptor but it’s strictly not needed if in an emergency once your competent and know how to use a Jack.

I have a standard trolley Jack I bought in Lidl 20 years ago. Basic car mechanics here.

• Advertisement

Basic middle aisle shopping too! Low profile jack?

Advertisement