Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Crazy. I don't know what version of the SR+ I am getting in Feb. Chinese or U.S. I don't know what battery pack is in it, or how big it is. I don't know if I will have the upgraded lights or not. Wooden trim on the door or not. An external speaker or not and no idea when it will be delivered. After writing all that down, I think I am mental for ordering one at all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Dozz wrote: »
    Crazy. I don't know what version of the SR+ I am getting in Feb. Chinese or U.S. I don't know what battery pack is in it, or how big it is. I don't know if I will have the upgraded lights or not. Wooden trim on the door or not. An external speaker or not and no idea when it will be delivered. After writing all that down, I think I am mental for ordering one at all.....

I'm the exact same as you buddy and it's frustrating as ****.
    Tesla's like a drug dealer or an abuse partner . You just want the product and they can treat you like **** and you'll still come back for more

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Still saying delivery February if ordered now, no updates for order from December.

Ordered in July and no updates since ordering so December ain’t that bad pal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Ordered in July and no updates since ordering so December ain’t that bad pal :)

What have you ordered 😂

What have you ordered 😂

Model 3 long range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Model 3 long range

Crazy that you've had to wait that long, did you miss an opportunity to take delivery?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Crazy that you've had to wait that long, did you miss an opportunity to take delivery?

I ordered in July too but deferred delivery until 2021. Savings and such.

Rang Tesla this morning, no VIN assigned yet. She said most likely the Irish cars won't get assigned until they arrive in Zeebrugge as they are currently uncertain how they will get the cars from Zeebrugge to Ireland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Rang Tesla this morning, no VIN assigned yet. She said most likely the Irish cars won't get assigned until they arrive in Zeebrugge as they are currently uncertain how they will get the cars from Zeebrugge to Ireland.

Looking at around 6th of Feb-ish before they arrive in Zeebruge on the Glovis Captain.

Hi Wayne
    I was told last week that they will be arriving in Rosslaire on the 22nd of February...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Looking at around 6th of Feb-ish before they arrive in Zeebruge on the Glovis Captain.

I remember all the ship watching this time last year.. :D

In fact, I ordered our Model 3 this day last year... :D:D:D

On ordering it said expected delivery was end of Feb/Early March, but when I contacted them they said more like April some time.... Then about a week later an inventory car came up in the exact spec I ordered, so emailed them and got matched to it. It was already en route to Zeebrugge (Tesla guy said there's always a few random cars/specs shipped that are 'held' from sale for various reasons). Delivery was scheduled for March 6th, but pushed back a week to March 13th. I was watching the Glovis Cosmos I think...

510198.JPG
    521088.jpeg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Luckily a week after collecting (and before the 1st big lock down happened), we went up to Slieve Gullion in Newry and decided to do the mountain drive for the 1st time, and were not disappointed.

539881.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Dozz wrote: »
    Hi Wayne
    I was told last week that they will be arriving in Rosslaire on the 22nd of February...

They do seem to make it up as they go along. I received emails from them which were factually incorrect. They also seem to know no shame when these are pointed out to them.

Thankfully the car is worth the BS

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubber_ducky

Hi,
    Long time lurker but first time poster... I've been planning to buy a M3LR for a longtime (test drove a SR+ back in August 2018) and figure it's time to make a move. I'm trying to decide between the blue and the red (acknowledge the price difference). Ideally I'd take a spin up to the showroom (live in Limerick city) to compare the colours but (obviously) that's not an option atm and may not be for quite some time.
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of any blue or red M3s around Limerick city that I could have a quick look at. Literally just want to see what they look like in daylight so no person to person interaction required. I was hoping I could decide based on youtube videos but realising now that this is a futile task as there's so much variation in how cameras capture/process colour and how displays then reproduce it. MS might work as well, never heard of any difference between MS and M3 colours.
    Acknowledge that I have zero reputation here and so people might be paranoid about saying yes...

Thanks in advance, whatever the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any blue or red M3s around Limerick city

I can't recall seeing any red Model 3s, in the wild, regularly in/around Limerick. There is a local blue one & one in Clare I know of but I don't see them too often either.

I know of a few cheap white ones alright :).
    I'll ask around for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Not a fan of red cars, but there’s one around us and it’s really nice, much nicer than the blue I see occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Quick thought could be to have lunch at the Tesla supercharger in Birdhill or hang around there of an evening.
    I once (last Autumn) saw five Model 3s there simultaneously, one on the 50kW Applegreen charger (me), 1 parked in front of the shop & 3 charging on the superchargers.

It's only 10 minutes up the road.

Oh, use someone's referral too for the free charging, if/when you order. Often people forget & it's very difficult to have them added afterwards. PM if you need one.

:).

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Odauto

Get the red one. Hand down the best colour in person. Blue is a close second. I got the grey, but my next will definitely be red.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Odauto

And agree with Kramer, use a referral but remember that you may not get the full benefits of the supercharging these days. They expire after 6 months so if your not doing the mile right now or are not close to a supercharger than it doesn't really matter. Just order a red one. You can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I ordered a blue one but I agree red is marginally nicer

• Advertisement

According to other forums some people in Germany were assigned VINs yesterday. So clearly onboard Glovis Captain.

As per my call with Tesla yesterday, I don’t expect RHD VINs to be assigned till Glovis Captain arrives in Europe (assuming there are RHD models onboard).

But you never know - has anyone on here been assigned a RHD VIN yet? Please post if and when you are as it will give the rest of us an idea of when to expect delivery.

According to other forums some people in Germany were assigned VINs yesterday. So clearly onboard Glovis Captain.

As per my call with Tesla yesterday, I don’t expect RHD VINs to be assigned till Glovis Captain arrives in Europe (assuming there are RHD models onboard).

But you never know - has anyone on here been assigned a RHD VIN yet? Please post if and when you are as it will give the rest of us an idea of when to expect delivery.

Hi Wayne. I was told yesterday that I should receive VIN and delivery dates around the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubber_ducky

Thanks for all feedback!

Kramer...if you get any more info, thanks in advance. Good idea about camping out at Birdhill. Might do that this weekend.

Regarding referral code, yes, got one from a friend of mine up in Clare who has a white M3. Good point about the benefit being reduced at the moment

On Reddit this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

A fair discount compared to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

SO what happens if you have ordered a car, do they apply the discount to your order?

Your final payment is worked out just before collection and is adjusted up or down to reflect current car price ,taxes & grants

France got a discount too

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

There are some fantastic private leasing and PCP deals available for the Model 3 accross Europe too. Seems strange they haven't bothered implementing it here too, even more so given the high residual values we are seeing. It would probably increase their sales here by double digits overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

I noticed this morning that the order agreement that was in my online order page has disappeared. It outlined the price expected at the time of booking.The booking invoice is still there. Not that it matters but was still there a few days ago.

Advertisement