Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 unabashed_goldfish

Quite frosty this morning so was worried a bit about frozen door handles, mirrors, etc. Nothing too bad in the end. The door handles required a bit of coaxing to come out of their homes but made it in the end. One of the mirrors took some persuasion too. Overall though they'd be the same issue with any other car. A few things I learned which may help others here:

• In the app now there's a quick action for unlatching the driver door so you don't need to loosen the handle to get it to open.
    • I've turned off the auto folding of mirrors now for the season so they won't need to unfold in the morning time - I was hoping they could be left unfolded at home and fold everywhere else but looks like you can only do the opposite i.e. by default unfolded and then fold at certain locations.
    • Noticed that at least one of the windows would roll all the way up and then down a tiny bit when the door was closed. Thought it was a calibration issue but have since read that this is by design when the temperatures get cold so it won't damage the window when you open/close the door and the window mechanism is frozen.
    • I'm sure we all know this but defrosting the car from the app is such a luxury!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My boot was frozen last night (where I stash the XMas chocs), had to manually pull it open

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Yea love the preheating but cost me about 5% battery this morning! Worth it.

If your car is plugged in it will take power from the charge point, save you some Winter range

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

On 2 its hit and miss at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭speedfreak

Ah yea wasn’t an issue today as not going too far

It was -5 this morning and -1 in the car, the defrost worked a treat in no time, the Model 3 will run the rear motor to generate heat for the heat pump and quicken cabin preheat, rather nifty way of doing it so don't be worried if loud hums coming from the car when heating it up from really cold outside temps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

For the unlatching the door from the app where the handle may be frozen, I used it for the first time today (-3 outside) and the operation failed - it seemed to half open the door. I'll be keeping an eye on it in the future.

Max Defrost is worth the battery usage for me - 5-10 mins and the car was good to go. 🙂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The phone issues above always seem to be there on android for some reason.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My issue here is that most pre-heating I’d do would be after the night rate ends (currently 8am), so I prefer to use the battery to heat the car…… but of course if charging to 100% and if I need all the range I can get then I’d happily use the day rate from the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Wonder if there's a setting in the app that's causing this? I have a one plus 6T and don't have this issue.

On the AP I have had that issue before on slip roads, depends on the lines on the road. Always keep hands on wheel and be ready for a disengagement as you approach an exit. Only happens at the odd location so on your normal routes you'll know if they're ok or not.

Or else always be overtaking and you'll never have the issue 😁

Agreed, that's why I put the Zappi to STOP mode before pre-heating in day rates

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lads where on the app is the door open setting?

I must be blind.

Also have a problem on Android. Every single time I get in the car I have to connect the phone to the car manually on the screen. Pain in the arse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Press and hold any of the shortcuts and it will bring up the menu to move them around..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Absolutely baltic this morning!!! The handles were completely frozen over, but the driver door open function on the APP sorted that.

As Andy says, you can customise and have 5 on display favourites. You can also add a widget for the App. This is my Home Screen.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

God, you are well organised.😁. My apps are everywhere, but at least I think I know where they are.

Don't think I would like that door opening button on my widget, too easy to accidentally press if, for example, I was away for a week and car was at the airport. No way of closing again, and wind could open door fully. Pity it doesn't ask 'Are you sure'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

The door won't open unless you are beside the car. Close enough for bluetooth.

Stay Free

Had a trip up to Belfast this morning, left home SW Co Wexford with 100% and pre heated car before leaving.

Car said I would get there with I think 7%, but stopped at Castlebellingham for a very quick 10kWh (60c/kWh) and then filled up at Belfast Supercharger for return trip (38p/kWh).

Freezing fog and black ice on the first 50km cross country (80 km/h roads) and very mucky with some snow near Naas kept my speed a bit lower than normal, but kept to about 110 on the motorways as wasn't in a hurry and traffic heavy enough in North. Probably 60-80 km/h on first 50 km. Heating at 19c and seat on low was very comfy.

Probably my worst range scenario (Short of an all motorway trip), very cold, wet roads and a slight headwind. Pic below taken at exactly 50% battery about 20km north of Dublin Airport. I'm happy...😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Good results there.

Despite the range loss this car is absolutely brilliant in the winter. Being able to pre heat is great and I’m now sold on the heated steering wheel which I’ve never had before.

it is a little bit disconcerting when the heat pump kicks in. It’s odd that you feel it through the steering wheel and pedals till it slows down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

This morning the length of M50 from Exit 15 to 4 @-3°C and AC set to 21°C automatic. Surprised of in inaccuracy as the AC setting is the same since I got the car 19 months ago.

the most inefficient trip I had in a long time (here the distance is different as it includes the school run)

-4 outside this morning, -1 in the car, 5minutes on defrost to get it to 18degrees at cost of 3.3% battery (RWD 57.5usable), v happy with that, mind you the boot was stiff and needed manual opening

Any voice commands to control the fog lights?

Nope. Tried this afternoon. Said something like "command not available at this time"

Nope, if you tap the light icon under the speed it brings up the light menu

I didn't know about this one. It is still 2 tap which is better than controls-> lights-> fog lights but not ideal. I know the one where you push the left stalk in the front which brings up the lights menu but still unimpressed. Not to mention that if the headlights on auto turn off the fog lights turn off and there is no tailgate light at all. Had to switch headlights on manual. I presume not to much fog in California.

There are many things not perfect in the Model 3, but light controls work perfectly for me. Either tap under the speed or flash the lights brings up the controls.

I was turning on/off fog lights yesterday with freezing fog early in day on trip to Belfast and was very simple.

A voice command would be great though for the odd time you need it. Or you could just drive around with them on all the time like plenty of other drivers 🤦

Think I read recently that an upcoming update will keep the rear as well as front lights on for daylight running. The amount of new cars driving around oblivious that they have no rear lights on in the dark is terrifying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Having the lights on during the day would be great

Advertisement