Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I went with the same tyres that were on it since the car is only 3months old

will investigate other types next time i am changing them But yes they are pricey but I never have a problem paying for tyres

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When I replaced my rear tyres at 30,000km (SR+ on 18” aero’s), I went for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 but they were the non acoustic version which was a bit cheaper than the Tesla T0 version the car shipped with, and I noticed the noise in the cabin a lot more with these tyres.

then when I replaced all 4 at 58,000km I went for the PS4 T0 (stock) and the noise difference inside the cabin was huge!!!!

if they’re good enough for Tesla to ship the car with they’re good enough for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭joe1303l

That makes sense if you’re trying to make up a matching set of 4. I was just surprised at the price as I recently got 20” OE tyres for a Q7 and they were just under €200 each (Continental).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What tyres and where?

The last time I could match those prices was with Camskill before brexit.

• Advertisement

4 Continental 285/45 @ €198 each from Discount Tyres Crossmaglen delivered with Fastway in late September. Oponeo, Tyreleader and eBay.de are also usually worth a search for premium brand tyres in expensive sizes but you’ll be waiting a week to get them. Last time I used Camskill was about 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Huge difference: Does that mean that the cabin noise from PS4 T0 (stock) was significantly more, or does it mean less, noisy than the default tyres? (I'm coming up on 25k Km now and will be looking at changing the tyres around to 30km mark, if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I’d be interested in that too. When I was looking the Db rating was the same for both tyres

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The road noise was a lot more when I put on 2 rear non acoustic tyres on….. and then when I reverted to 4x acoustic tyres, I noticed a big difference e in that the cabin felt a lot quieter….. Honestly m didn’t think the acoustics would make that much difference!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Auto indicators on lane change are smooth as butter, I immediately removed Apple from sources as no interest, larger map area is welcome but I don't subscribe over Winter as not out and about as much, will look nicer for sure with subscription.

Unfortunately the car does not remember last audio source, grrrr

In other new, Steam coming to Tesla with Bluetooth controller functionality!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I have a new Model 3 (standard) I took delivery of in early December.

I am now gone for 3 weeks and am suffering terrible battery drain. Left it on Friday evening at 66%, was down to 60% Saturday, 54% yesterday and 50% today. I check it once a day, Sentry is switched off (and I turned it on/off once in case there was a bug), I deleted all other driver accounts, cabin heat protection off, removed the app widget from my phone but it keeps dropping.... so what else could possibly be causing it?

I have no plug anywhere near the parking space (row of townhouses) so I will be stuck if the car is down to 0% when I get home, not to mention that it can't be very healthy for the battery. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

There's a decent amount of used M3 gone onto the inventory page if anyone is in the market. They're priced competitively in comparison to 3rd party dealers but I'm not sure the difference is enough versus the refreshed model to make it worthwhile except for the blue long range with enhanced autopilot and white interior @ €47k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

Very strange, definitely something is draining the battery.

Over the summer I lost 3% when away for 10 days, recently lost 1% when away for 12 days in November. (Refrained from checking App too often second trip).

Looks like you have checked everything obvious, only thing I can think of would it be worth Tesla checking the car remotely via a service request?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Try force closing the Tesla app on all the phones, check back in 2-3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

Whatever is draining the battery it shouldn't let it go below 20%.

Do you have Enhanced AP or FSD? Read somewhere that always on Summon can cause vampire drain.

As @rocky says try force closing Tesla Apps, presume you don't have any third party apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The model 3 performance in MSM for 50k looks a good deal too. Finally they seem to be branching out into the used market in Ireland. For ages it just didnt exist!

Yeah, I didn't notice that one. No doubt they'll all be snapped up by dealers and sold a healthy profit..

Log with Tesla, my usage is around 0.3% per day when left on the driveway unused and "asleep"

The red one for €57k looks nice.

That was €63k a few weeks back.

For reference, I have the same car in white and Tesla are offering €56,050 off a MY.

Obviously long range makes this car more desirable but €47,800 is very strong money considering the car is almost 4 years old.

• Advertisement

It's last Quarter, Tesla want sales, offering cash back and 10,000 free SuC in the State to push for good Financials

Compared to what on sale with 3rd party garages? Agreed it is strong money, but the market is even more dysfunctional than the price Tesla are charging here in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

I have noticed little movement in dealer stock and private sales. Only the odd priced to sell car goes quick, like a 2020 blue long range with sport wheels seeking 49k two weeks back in carzone. Tesla used stock is definitely a few grand cheaper than a week ago at moment. Wonder will they discount this stock further in new year?

The Tesla stock all have enhanced AP and an extra year full warranty. The finance rates are better than the 3rd party dealers too. My guess is you'll be able to get a 2019 M3 RWD from for less than €40k in 3 to 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Do they send out valuation requests for trade ins with used stock sales? I'd probably try that plus an advert to compare if selling on leaf e+ next spring.

They do indeed.

I traded my Model S Performance in for a Model 3 Performance in March.

you get remainder of standard warranty, then another 1 year on top of that. The result is my 2020 M3P has battery warranty until 2028 (normal) and CPO bumper to bumper warranty until March 2025!

You can send in trade in request at any stage and then you can update it later with mileage add on and it will fluctuate based on market conditions but Tesla tend to value Tesla trades higher and just ship out the non Tesla. You’d actually be better off selling private or direct to a trade dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Thanks for the different replies re the phantom battery drains.

I went digging through the Tesla app a bit more and noticed that the registered credit card had been rejected for the one and only supercharging session done with the car (shortly before I parked it before my holidays).

I re-entered the card card details on the Tesla app and the battery % hasn’t changed for 16 hours (I must really stop checking). I’m now guessing the system kept the car awake by sending reminders about an open balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aigne

Recently rented a Model 3 with Hertz when in the Bay Area for a few days, and thought I would share a couple of observations:

• I was impressed with the improvements of the Model 3 from my own early 2020 version to the rented late 2021 / early 2022 car. These have been outlined in the thread above. I didn't notice anything with battery or driving over the few days, but the few cosmetic things I noticed were improvements.
    • I was travelling at a quiet time, but I thought the rental was good value. Yes there was a premium relative to an ICE vehicle but not so much that it outweighed the benefits.
    • I was surprised Hertz wanted the car returned with the same charge or more under standard rental terms. The car had 90% when I collected it. This might be a SFO thing, it turned out to be not a problem in the end there was there are numerous banks of superchargers near the airport. Hertz pass through the Tesla charges to the credit card used to rent car, pretty simple.
    • I know there are some large sites in continental Europe, and maybe Britain, but it was my first time to see charging stations with 20+ stalls. Great!
    • The Tesla proprietary connector they use in USA was surprisingly light and easy to use compared to CCS. It is a small thing in the big scheme of things but I was surprised how much more convenient I found it.
    • It was my first time to rely on supercharging for a few days as opposed to home charging or say hotel charging. Also surprised me how easy that was with the sort of infrastructure that is in that area. The effect of that charging style on battery health is a different matter..
    • Finally, I missed premium connectivity more than I thought I would

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Hi all, I recently collected my new Model 3, having had a Propulsion standard model back a couple of years ago.

Overall it seems a better car and I'm happy with it but 1 major problem I've noticed is that the proximity alerts/parking assist is now gone! I've searched online and it's discussed on different forums but wanted to check here if anyone has any information because apparently it's coming back via a software update but no one knows when.

For me, it's an inconvenience but for my wife it's actually a serious problem as she's a nervous driver and this basic function was very helpful.

I'm a bit miffed to be honest. You can buy a Ford Fiesta that will come with this useful function but a top of the range electric car doesn't?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah, they recently removed the proximity sensors on newer models to do the whole thing with 'Tesla Vision' - but until Tesla Vision gets up to scrath these models won't have it. (link: Tesla Vision Update: Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision.)

For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:

- Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <5 mph.

- Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.

- Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.

- Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.

In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates. 

A bit of a dumb idea by Tesla to save a few quid per car, I feel.

Advertisement