Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Thanks Fingleberries. It's another example of modern day technology going backwards, in my opinion.

If something is not broken, don't fix it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Folks, I could have sworn a light tap to the CC stalk would engage CC at current speed but this seems to be gone, how does one engage CC at current speed now does anyone know?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I thought single downward tap on the CC stalk was to engage CC, double tap to engage AP/'FSD'. Worked for me yesterday (2021 MIC SR+)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You can change the setting to set it as either current speed or the speed limit…. It should be in Autopilot settings..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Same story with the Model 3 I picked up in early December. The lack of parking sensors is a real pain. Absolutely no warning when you are about to hit something front / back / sides. The camera helps a little bit at the rear, but I still nowhere near as good as the traditional beep beep beep parking sensors on my 15 year old E90.

Some of the parking sensor functionality should return with a future software update (data based on cameras) but no idea if this will take two weeks, two months or two years.

• Advertisement

That was it, they must have changed it via one of the recent updates

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Quite substantial discounts on Model 3s in the US but also some EU countries including France and Germany (3000 off a standard Model 3, 5000 to 6000 off a LR/Performance). Unfortunately nothing similar in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Loose about 3% overnight too with sentry off, very difficult to tell what’s used the battery as the consumption in the energy app only shows you consumption while driving and not asleep.

edit:

Whoops totally missed the Parked tab.

so overnight

1.5% preconditioning

1% mobile app

1% screen time

you might find out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Do the Sep 2022 M3s have the hardware for radar?

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

Why buy a car and sell it so quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Because have a new child and a model y is much more practical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Looking at buying a 3 in 2023. Thoughts on 2020-ish LR vs new order RWD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭joe1303l

A new M3 rwd looks much better value considering you could pay around €50k for a 3 year old M3 LR. A new MY rwd is even better value since they cut prices. If you really need the range and can’t be bothered with public charging you have no choice but go for a used LR. If going used, hold off for a few months if you can as EV prices will surely drop off as the market levels off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Upgrades a 2023 car has over a 2020 car;

refresh interior

chrome delete

heat pump

double glazing

Ryzen chip

power trunk

heated rear seats/steering wheel as standard

wireless phone charger

LFP battery (new RWD over older SR+/LR)

updated rear light cluster

matrix headlights

plus many more which I’ve forgotten …

the only downside is the newer RWD is half a second slower to 100km/h than the older ones/SR+ at 6.1s whereas an LR will do it it 4.4s or 3.9s if you buy the acceleration boost.

New hairpin motor, supposed to help longevity (hence “slower” acceleration), heated mirrors/wipers.

Most importantly the new M3 is vastly superior MIC build and comes with longer warranty (given it’s new)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Looking through the used cars selection from dealers and private sales, you can sometimes see the difference in quality of panel gaps between Fremont and MIC vehicles, but at least the fixable stuff was likely corrected at purchase.

Cheapest LR is 45k on Tesla in white but has 90k km on clock. Note 'premium' interior on LR (Fremont) has better sound, heated rear seats, fog lights, and a few extra interior lights. Of course, AWD is a plus, if moderately more power hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Question for anyone who crosses the border and who uses the speed limit alert chime: does the Model 3 detect that you're north of the border and automatically switch to miles, or does it read the speed limit signs as if they were km/h, and drive you bananas in the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

On a recent trip to Belfast I left the units as km, but it converted the speed limit from mph to kph. ie in 30 zone it showed speed limit as 48kph. Didn't have alert chime on but assume it would work as normal.

Edit. My previous VW would automatically change to miles, but Tesla does not seem to, which I prefer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2020 cars can have rear seat heating too. Mine does. But doesn’t have heated steering wheel.

Was this an option or standard on the premium interior at that time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ah, that makes sense... now that I think about it, my Ioniq 28 would do something similar over in England... it would display limits like 48/64/80/96/112 km/h, etc.

That's fine... I just didn't want a situation where I had to pull over the minute I crossed the border because the car thought it was in a 60 km/h zone. I guess you could change the units to miles if you wanted the full immersive Imperial experience.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I was just looking at the used cars available from Tesla directly. They've an additional years warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

I find I am so used now to km that miles is confusing. But on my recent trip up north the freezing fog and very poor vis put a stop to much chance of exceeding the speed limit..🙂

Yes, they do, plus enhanced autopilot and rear seat heating unlocked (if it was so before). Am keeping an eye on whether they will discount further.

I wouldn’t pay extra for EAP but additional warranty and rear seat heating would be worth having. How would you know if a Tesla is Freemont or MIC from the used inventory details ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Goose81

I hope they x-ray that wheel for structural damage, although I highly doubt they did. Not a chance I would be driving on that no matter what the repair tbh, straight in the bin.

It’s a car not an aircraft. Wheel needs to be straightened and a new tyre fitted. Simple

Yes that's standard.

You get remaining of standard warranty and then 12 months extra CPO Warranty. Plus EAP as mentioned above.

I wouldn't pay the €3700 for EAP myself but I have it as part of a used CPO from tesla. NOAP and Auto Lane Change is fantastic and its the only thing in it worthwhile in every day driving IMO. What makes it good is that FSD is only €3700 extra currently......If you fancy it for whenever it makes it way here!

Summon, Smart summon and Auto Park are of no relevance to me personally.

• Advertisement

Check the listed VIN and search online for explanation. If the last letter is F it is Fremont, C for Shanghai factory.

Advertisement