Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Really hard to know what may happen in the next 6 to 9 months regarding pricing.

They may have just reduced prices for all of the built up stock they have to clear (along with the uss debacle).

Or maybe it's a more permanent thing to keep demand matching supply.

I don't think any other brand could make such massive pricing reductions and still make a profit.

The model Y RWD is a great example;

- Up to Oct 22 - approx €65k

- Oct 22 - Drop to €53k (including grant)

- Jan 23 - Drop to €46.5k (including grant)

Nearly a 20k drop in 4 months!!

Anyone considering an ionic 5 / ev6 / id4 etc would be crazy not to consider Tesla now imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I was actually thinking that, this could be a total clear out of all nonUSS cars prior to refresh Model 3 and Y, I'd say their used prices will be a clearout too as they got stung with any inventory they had during the price drop.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Seems a bit short sighted of Tesla to give such a low ball valuation. I can understand that they want/don’t want stock at different times but they also have a big influence on the used tesla market rates here. Obviously a 2022 M3 would take a hit after yesterday but it be better for Tesla in the long run to influence this price drop rather than watching it free-fall. I’d suggest something in the region of €38K+ would be nearer the money. Independent used car dealers with a few Teslas in the yard are going to be really spooked after yesterday. Tesla trade in values like this will fuel this fire. If you’re happy with your 222, you’re as well to just keep it for a couple of years and let the depreciation level out.

I agree on that one point you made, after being burned on both their used and new cars there's a fair chance dealers will now give all trade in Teslas brutal valuation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

Wow 😳.

the product is amazing, but Tesla sure are rinsing their loyal customers.

there’s a firehose of capacity coming from factories, & Q4 unsold inventory, which they can only shift with a massive sale price.

musk said on the Q3 investor call that they were still selling more cars that they could produce, which was clearly a lie.

Post edited by sk8board on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

With the asterix that prior to Oct 22 the lowest priced Y was LR which now is 54k including grant. 6k reduction bringing it under the 60k

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dasein

used values falling can impact on PCP deals too because you have the guaranteed future value as part of the calculation

Would PCP not give new buyers some future protection in case Tesla make a habit of slashing prices ? It’s not very attractive currently at 6.4% but HP rates are probably similar if you need to finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dasein

well the finance company guarantee the future value, if they drop those values then the repayments increase

ultimately the price drops are fantastic for the consumer and tbh I'm not sure if there's any "easy" way for Tesla to implement them - in time people will forget about how it was done and focus will return to the extraordinary value ... but that's easy for me to say, I was a week away from collecting a M3 LR that would be worth a good €10k less than I'd agreed to pay for it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 col_m999

If they played it right with the trade in values for teslas they could lock a lot of people into teslas for next few cars. Like people are saying trading teslas to traditional dealers prob not gonna happen after the price drop. Think in 3 years time hopefully the depreciation will be at where it would have been anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dozz

Hi all.

Sorry to deviate from the current discussion but I was wondering if anyone could recommend someone in the Kildare/Dublin area to take a small dint out of a Model 3 door?

Someone decided to open their car door onto my car today. Luckily enough I saw it happen.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Eddie Knight, The Dent Master!

This guy is based near Portlaoise but travels a bit, can be very busy with car dealer work. If you can get him, he is excellent and very reasonable pricewise. 083 834 6416

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jjohnrockk

Perhaps off the track, if I have booked a BMW on phone with a dealer will the same apply - Paid deposit on a call i.e.? Of course visited for a test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

That’s a kick in the balls. About €9k cheaper for a SR+ than those of us who took delivery in September, I guess I won’t be selling to trade up to a performance anything soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Price to change shouldn't be much different, price of the Performance has also dropped. After the grant goes the price to change should drop

What was the price to change then compared to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kick in the teeth alright for existing customers but people already in EV's are considered early adapters and paying a premium is expected, as production ramps costs reduce and economies of scale apply.

This is a good move though for consumers, this could spark a price war and the reduction will definitely convince more to move over to the dark side and hand over their hard earned to Mr Musk.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Has it not always been said that the moment you take ownership of a brand new car, the value is 20% less than what you handed over? This price drop has made that a reality for those of us recent purchasers. 🤣

I wonder if I should upgrade to a LR model now 😁

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ElitesTeam

Will be interesting what Tesla sell their used inventory at prices which will set the used market price. When do we expect them to update that?

• Advertisement

Hopefully after we have traded in 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Waiting on Tesla to come back with a trade in value but could be messy with finance

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

Bought my RWD M3 in September partly due to the grant reducing this year and wanting to be in ahead of that. I'm delighted with the car and price reductions have my wife and father now due a test drive in the Model Y in the next week. Over the course of the three years I'll probably keep it, the grant is likely to be gone meaning it's a net 3K reduction (I know I'd have preferred for the RRP to be higher but not the end of the world) and who knows what will happen to prices/interest in the meantime - I've 12K kms on mine since September and likely 1K in fuel savings and toll charges so still happy out. No buyers remorse here.

Also, for all the comments on white seats and maintenance, I bought a kit from flawless detailing when getting my windows tinted and it's very easy to clean once a month - <5 mins and seats look immaculate.

And even at that, that’s a trade in price. Use the price you can achieve privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭josip

Did anyone on here get an M3 in Q1 2022?

Do you have/remember the details of what date you got the VIN/got the car?

Were you also given a 2 week delivery window and what was it?

I don't suppose Tesla told you what ship your car was on from Shanghai?

I'd like to use any info from last year to predict what ship the 2023 cars are on.

1. No but it’s well know the systematic process Tesla use.
    2. VIN can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 days before collection. And it differs from person to person. I could get one today and you next week.
    3. they open up windows for collection. You get an email with invite to select a date and time. The slots fill up so in theory you could get the mail this morning and by the time you log in this evening the slots are gone. In which case you wait for the next slot.
    4. No, no ship details are giving out in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Comment re postt from @josip Picked one up Q1 2022. VIN only advised by Tesla 6 days before pickup date NOTABLY 10 days after pickup appointment had been scheduled. However, i had discovered my hidden VIN 3 weeks before and was able to identify the ship (not sure that interest in ship makes much sense though) In summary if you rely on your own investigations it will yield results quicker than any formal notifications from Tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Order went in on Sat for the LR, not a planned purchase but the price drop prompted an early change.

Think values will old on used ev's for a few more months but see prices start dropping especially with changes looking to happen re. the grant.

Hope the timing is good for the changers...

What colour did you go for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Keeping it standard, white with black interior. None of the other colours can sway me enough to pay the extra for them so will stick with the white.

I'll probably spend extra on aftermarket alloys if anything and look at accessories.

Looks like a few of us are jumping from the ID3 to the M3.

Advertisement