Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I think you’ve calculated it incorrectly, why are you subtracting 5k and why are you adding the VRT to the figure which you calculate the VRT from?

Even if you are calculating correctly then 45-5+1+3 is 44, which is less than €50k meaning it would be eligible for some VRT relief.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

45 base price

-5 grant = 40

+1 delivery etc = 41

+3 VRT = 44

Price OTR = €44,370

So, I think my figures are correct.

With all due respect, it may be yourself that has the figures mixed up as you’ve already grossly misinterpreted the business grant scheme at €3800 more than your allowed (€0) based on your other thread.

What do you think is wrong here?

That's the on-the-road price including VRT and SEAI grant. So, I don't think that's what you would use to calculate VRT. But let's assume for a second that you are correct. That is still below €50k so it would qualify for reduced VRT relief.

Here's a link back to my original post for context (because perhaps we are talking about different things?): https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120116488/#Comment_120116488

Revenue quote the VRT % is of the OMSP. The OMSP includes VRT for their calculations.

For example, here’s a Model Y order for €46,521, that’s the OTR price but the OMSP is €50k

Nice, how did you get that graphic? Do you have any idea how that OMSP was calculated?

Begs the question though, you are saying that the OTR price of Model Y is €46,521 with an OMSP of €50,526... and you say that the OTR price for the Model 3 is €44,370 (more than 2k less than OTR for Model Y). That would surely bring the OMSP of the Model 3 under €50,000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

At the risk of complicating matters (apologies to those who have no interest) I got curious. My Model Y with a base price of 46,990 +1200 for colour Blue has OMSP amount (used to calculate VRT ) of 51,817 which at 7% VRT = 3,627 which is the figure also in my order agreement. Because OMSP is> 50,000 there is no reduction of VRT which is fair enough. Base pricing for Model 3 RWD is 44990, some 2,000 lower than Model Y and 3,200 lower than my config for the Blue Mod Y. One would expect then that the OMSP of Model 3 would be well below the 50K threshold and as a result qualify for a rebate of 50% of VRT, yet that is not feeding through on pricing ..which I think is the point @daveyjoe was making! I don't understand why not 🤔

Worth an email Tesla and ask them to look at?

We might get refunds 🤣

I emailed Tesla Dublin yesterday evening. No response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

Great price for the standard model -5k grant. You lose that back in the finance agreement so it works out the same if you are not paying cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭josip

What have been MY owners' real world experience with granny charging?

Do people get the full 2.3kW per hour into the battery or is it a bit less due to losses and temp?

At 2.3kw does it matter?

You are losing 10% either side anyway.

I do a weekly 160-170km trip, half motorway, half 100km/h. I'm there for a couple of hours and can granny charge. There is a fast charger on my route but I'd prefer to just drive and get home without a delay every time. If we end up with an MY LR then it won't be an issue. But if we end up with the MY RWD that we originally ordered, then the granny kms I get at my destination can make the difference between having to stop or not.

Just assume 2kw charging. You won’t go wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

“there were 40-45 M3’s on carzone for months, give or take, 47 yesterday after this news broke and 57 this morning, albeit €42k still the cheapest, a 192.”

Quick update on the 2nd hand listings:

today there’s 61 M3’s for sale on carzone and 6 are now under the €42k I mentioned 3 days ago.

€39.9k is the cheapest (base spec 191 sr+ with 55,000 kms).

still a long long way to drop over the coming months as the batch of buyers jumping into the cheaper (& better base spec) 231’s start delivering.

In todays market, com July 2023, what’s the 3.5yr depreciation on an original freemont SR+ & it’s battery/spec? It’s €30-35k you’d think.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Since we're both on the lookout following prices over the last year or two, can PM you if I see something standout and vice versa. On DD there are two SR+ for 37k. One is a reasonably accurately priced 2020 SR+ in blue with 40k km (private sale, so buyer beware regards outstanding finance, clock accuracy, damages, etc. etc.), and the other a 2019 SR+ which is well out of basic warranty with 93k km (also private sale). Private sellers seem to decrease first.

Another good price is a 41k LR AWD in white 2020 on DD (private sale, 52k km). I'm not interested in white, but that is a fair price for the time being as Tesla have not reduced their own used stock further in line with new prices across Europe. Exception is large markets like France which massive downward pressure on M3s, so their 2019 SR+ are already at 30k.

edit: like you said, there will be a lot of M3s for sale as people move to 231 MY to accommodate growing families or just because they like the space and height.

Post edited by Gile_na_gile on

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

What's everyones experience with range in the RWD LFP? I was hoping to get 350 easily maybe 380 on motorway at 100-110? I'd be bummed if I got 280-300 tbh.

100 on the motorway? That's Leaf behaviour and bad form for a Tesla 😀

Lol. I find myself not doing 130 km/h anymore. Getting old I suppose?

That’s the limit for the M50 in Dublin, so not to be sniffed at.

• Advertisement

You can already see the influx of EV’s on the market.

this time last month you couldn’t get a BMW i4 anywhere, now donedeal is flooded with them!

times are changing.

RE the SR price. When did we get them, 192 I think, so we are 3.5 years in on them, what’s normal depreciation…

192 should be worth 30ish maybe?

I don't think the OP planned to do 380 km driving back and forth from the airport to Sandyford all day 😀

Definitely did not plan that lol! Definitely would still be doing 110 at most. Maybe 120-130 to try it out for a stretch. I like to keep things quiet honestly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Taxis/Uber etc are not supposed to use SuC ever so if the driver is reported Tesla will OTA take away SuC access off that vehicle very quickly

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Perhaps I am getting older as well, don't think any of us are getting younger 😋, I often prefer to drive at about 110 km/h on motorways when they are busy, find it much more relaxing. But will go 120+ on quieter ones like in Co Wexford or Co Waterford. Recent trips up north with freezing fog often meant 110 was on the high side, but it's rare for me to do all motorways, usually a good bit of 80 and 100 km/h limits. I reckon about 350km range would be at the lower end for my sort of driving in my RWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Is that true? I've seen a fair amount of model 3 taxis around. Never knew they couldn't use the SuC.

Taxis and the like have never been allowed access to the SuC network, it's more prevalent in the US where they get "barred". If you are in the US and see a high mileage Tesla you will be on the lookout to see does it still have SuC access or has it been revoked.

Tesla have it in their T&C somewhere

There you go, so commercial operations should contact Tesla for charging rates if commercially associated...

Supercharger Fair Use Policy

We are continually expanding our global network of Supercharger stations, which enable long distance travel and provide a charging solution for those without access to charging at home or work, and are thereby accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

To help ensure Superchargers are available for their intended use, we ask that you not charge your vehicle using a Supercharger if your vehicle is being used for a commercial purpose (such as a taxi or for ridesharing through services like Uber or Lyft), unless you charge on a pay per use basis.

If you charge your vehicle in a manner that does not comply with this Supercharger Fair Use Policy, we may ask you to modify this behavior, or we may take additional action to protect the availability of Superchargers for their intended purpose, such as limiting or blocking your vehicle’s ability to use Supercharger stations.

This Policy applies to all Superchargers worldwide and all Tesla vehicles with free unlimited Supercharging or free Supercharging for the lifetime of vehicle ownership, purchased, either new or used, whether from Tesla or a third party, after December 15, 2017.

Charging Alternatives: We encourage the commercial use of Tesla vehicles while using appropriate charging solutions. Please reach out to your local sales contact to explore transitioning to pay per use charging, or other vehicle and charging options that suit your needs. For questions related to home charging, please contact charginginstallation@tesla.com.

• Advertisement

Reads like it was brought in when Supercharging was free. Would it still be relevant and applicable now when all new customers are paying for it and presumably it's no longer a loss leader for Tesla.

Advertisement